Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    I think that Done just gets better and better. The Custom lists makes it very flexible.

A couple of minor problems (Done Beta 0.4.5):

The problem where the Default value for Start Date was being ignored when creating a task is now fixed. However, the same problem occurs with the "Repeat From" (Due Date, Complete Date) column.

In the Custom Lists filters, you have to set the filter to "Not Starred" in order to see only the Starred tasks (opposite of what it should be).
    Both confirmed and fixed. Thanks.

One thing that should be documented to the users of Custom Lists is the effect that global preferences have on the Custom Lists. I found that Custom Lists work much better when you set the Global Preferences to dispaly everything (i.e. Negative Priority, Deferred, Checked, etc), and filter out unwanted tasks in the cusom list specifications.
    Good point. I could eliminate using global preferences for custom lists...?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Good point. I could eliminate using global preferences for custom lists...?
    I think that's a good idea. Conceptually, the reason for a custom list is to give you a view that's different from those already available. It would be nice if the custom list was custom in all attributes.

One example from my personal use: I tend to keep deferred tasks hidden on the desktop and in Done! However, I periodically need to look at those things for which I am waiting from someone else. On the desktop, I can go to the Status page and hit the Waiting tab, allowing me to see all waiting tasks together without turning of the Hide Deferred Tasks filter.

To approximate this functionality in Done!, I have a custom list that shows me items having a Status of Waiting. However, since I have Show Deferred off in Preferences, I can't see anything. To do a quick check on Waiting items like I do on the desktop, I have to go into preferences to turn on Show Deferred, view the custom list, then go back in and turn it off.
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    I think that's a good idea. Conceptually, the reason for a custom list is to give you a view that's different from those already available. It would be nice if the custom list was custom in all attributes.
    Agreed and done. Next release.
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by Majjin View Post
    Hey there! I've a Problem with the new done! beta 0.4.5. After Updating the new Version, my Palm won't start the app. The app loads and loads, but nothing happens.

I've deleted the database, but nothing happens. Any idea?
    Majjin was enormously helpful and led me to discover that 0.4.5 had a bad string the the German translations file that prevented the app from loading. Sorry for all my Deutsch speaking friends. Will be fixed in the next release.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb;
    Majjin was enormously helpful and led me to discover that 0.4.5 had a bad string the the German translations file that prevented the app from loading. Sorry for all my Deutsch speaking friends. Will be fixed in the next release.
    Thank YOU for all your work. No need to say sorry. Great job and thanks for helping me (and for understanding my bad english )
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Many of my tasks are reminders to call somebody. It would be great, don't know if its even possible, if you put in a name of a contact as a task and then you can just touch it and it will dial the phone number. Now, I look at my todo list. See the name, type it in, get the number and call.

This would be huge.
    I do something like this now by putting the phone number in the note, it turns into a link that launches the phone when I click it.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Hi haeffb

Since it's already a few days since above discovery and I heavily use done! on a daily base, having a non-working task-manager is critical.
    Could you, to cover the gap until a new version is available, tell us where and how we could update the string (eg with internalz).

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Switzerland
    Rolf
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi haeffb

Since it's already a few days since above discovery and I heavily use done! on a daily base, having a non-working task-manager is critical.
    Could you, to cover the gap until a new version is available, tell us where and how we could update the string (eg with internalz).

Thanks in advance.

Rolf
    Rolf if it is really critical for you, you should keep your hands off the beta and buy the full version.
    After all, it's theoretically possible that a bug in the beta deletes all your entries...
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi haeffb

Thanks in advance.

Rolf
    I just uploaded 0.4.7 to fix the issue. Contains the other fixes mentioned above. No new features.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Rolf if it is really critical for you, you should keep your hands off the beta and buy the full version.
    After all, it's theoretically possible that a bug in the beta deletes all your entries...
    Hi Pulp

That is in general a good idea.

Fortunately, I do live in wonderful Switzerland.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to paid apps from Switzerland.
    last night I added a task on the website and went to done to sync but it didn't show up. I had to go to the actual folder it was in then go back to the website and remove the date and time I started it for it to show up.
  13.    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    last night I added a task on the website and went to done to sync but it didn't show up. I had to go to the actual folder it was in then go back to the website and remove the date and time I started it for it to show up.
    If you had a start date in the future & the "Show future tasks" option turned off, it wouldn't show up.
    oh ok didn't check that thanks. Can you implement a tap to dial feature with Done!? The app I added had phone numbers I needed to dial so I had to try to remember them while going from done to phone. Maybe a preference setting.
  15.    #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    oh ok didn't check that thanks. Can you implement a tap to dial feature with Done!? The app I added had phone numbers I needed to dial so I had to try to remember them while going from done to phone. Maybe a preference setting.
    Put the phone number in the task note and use Display Notes option. Open the note drawer in the main task list by tapping the note icon. Bingo.
    Thanks haeffb glad I purchases the app that little tip would have been real useful yesterday.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    begging, begging, begging you to add manual sort to lists! sorting by modifying works ok but is tedious, especially with long lists. doesn't matter to me if Toodledo keeps the sort since I don't use it much anyway. please, please seriously consider adding manual sort and Done! is pretty much perfect! thanks!
    Why not sort using tags? I use ABCD etc. for my tags to group them by priority,

A - Urgent tasks that lose value when neglected
    B - Important tasks should be addressed soon
    C - Optional tasks that may be addressed if there is time
    D - Delegated tasks that you will follow up on

Sort by tags and then you get a nice division of your tasks, you can then sort within the tag by using priority

Combine this with a due date and it should make your tasks very managable. I have a custom list that sorts by tags and priority as described above, one for today, and one for tomorrow.

I teach time management to corporations and this method has been very effective for me.

Just a thought.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Japomani: thanks for the tips. I was really talking about manual sort as a quick way to re-order tasks on a list without having to open each up and make an adjustment to re-order them. I like to keep things really simple and drag-and-drop is always the quickest, simplest way for me (the only advantage to the built-in Palm tasks app).
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Running Done Beta 0.4.7:

Just wanted to note that I am still experiencing a few problems using this release:

1. Occasionally a checked off task will reappear on my list unchecked after a manually initiated sync (Local wins on conflict is set to no). No reported problems occurred during the sync process.

2. Occasionally a task will get duplicated. When this happens, shows up on both Toodledo and Done.

3. The problem where tasks on Toodledo no longer appear in Done is still occuring (although now not to often, fortunately). Changing any parameter of the task on Toodledo will cause the task to reappear in Done (after the next sync).

4. And now for the very wierd problem: A task on Done gets itself into a funny state where if the task is checked off, the check mark will immediately uncheck itself. Checking the task off in the Detail screen will hold, until you return back to the list (where once again it unchecks itself). The only way to get out of this loop is to change some other task parameter. I do not know how the task gets into this state, but it has happened a few times. I am using a custom list. Next time it occurs, I will see if this problem occurs when the task listing is a normal list.

None of these problems are reproducible. However, 1, 2 and 4 are happening often enough that I would be quite happy to send in supporting information, if I knew what was needed.