Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #621  
    Anybody familiar with WordPress (or want to learn) and have some time available to put together a Done! tutorial?

I'd rather focus on app development and haven't had time to create a "how to use Done!" tutorial for the website Done! | Tiger Country Software The app is getting pretty complicated, so something showing new users how to go about it would be nice.

I really can't afford to pay anything, but at least you'll be helping other Done! users. And you'll get your name up in lights (figuratively speaking). Anyone interested in volunteering can email or PM me.
    Hi, I'm new to Toodledo and Done! so please forgive if this is a silly question as I have not yet found the answer.

When I modify/add to a Note in a Task within Done! on the Pre and sync, then go to the Toodledo website, the task disappears. However, the Task remains on the Pre. If on the Pre I mark the Task as complete and sync, it will show up in the completed area on the website and I have the task 'back' again. Is this a bug or do I just have a setting incorrect that I haven't figured out.

Thanks for any help.

Dusty
  3.    #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedusty View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Toodledo and Done! so please forgive if this is a silly question as I have not yet found the answer.

When I modify/add to a Note in a Task within Done! on the Pre and sync, then go to the Toodledo website, the task disappears. However, the Task remains on the Pre. If on the Pre I mark the Task as complete and sync, it will show up in the completed area on the website and I have the task 'back' again. Is this a bug or do I just have a setting incorrect that I haven't figured out.

Thanks for any help.

Dusty
    Dusty,

It's a bug in version 0.4.2. Editing a task in Done will mark it as completed in Toodledo. If you'd looked in your completed tasks in Toodledo before you marked it complete in Done, you'd have found it there already.

Version 0.4.4 has been submitted to Palm and will hopefully be available early this week.
    Oh that's great! Thank you for the response. I'll keep an eye out for the update. So far, I really enjoy the App. Thanks, Dusty
  5.    #625  
    Version 0.4.5 adds:

* Moved task details field display configuration to Preferences
    * Icon for duplicate task in task details
    * Added ‘completed’ as a filter for custom lists
    * Added preference for “Daily notifications”
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Holding orange and typing a character works for me.

How about a backswipe gesture?

Yes, all statuses are available in done. For example, you can choose which of the 11 possible statuses to include in custom lists.

Currently, the only fields that are searched are Title, Note, Folder and Context. Should additional fields be added?

Hmm...could even add this to the field config screen (include in search)...

Orange key + # as first character in search now working for me too - don't know why it wouldn't before, but I tried it multiple times.

Backswipe - of course. Thanks.

Sounds like custom lists will get me what I want - a list of just waiting, or just held, or just delegated. I'll check it out.

If additional search fields could be added to the config screen without introducing too much complexity or causing other issues, that could be helpful. Personally, I would like to be able to search by status.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the update, I'll let you know if I have any feedback.

Here is my wishlist, in order of preference

- Sort items with no tags to the bottom like toodledo
    - Option to hide sync log
    - Select tags from existing tag list w/ option to add new
    - Quick list switching by swiping left or right in the history, similar to your agenda app
    - Allow "All Tasks" view in custom lists to be sorted by folder rather than importance
    - Allow task title to use all available space when note and priority icons are used, but not present for a specific task
    - When changing the sort order, make the tap and hold to drag more responsive
    - Preference area is getting a bit cluttered and will likely get worse as you continue to add features, maybe remove all settings from menu to their own pages like folders, contexts, and task view preferences
    Last edited by japomani; 08/05/2010 at 07:10 AM.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Dusty,

It's a bug in version 0.4.2. Editing a task in Done will mark it as completed in Toodledo. If you'd looked in your completed tasks in Toodledo before you marked it complete in Done, you'd have found it there already.

Version 0.4.4 has been submitted to Palm and will hopefully be available early this week.
    It's available and it worked! I made a couple of changes in Done then checked the web and the changes (& task) were there! I love this app!
    Hey there! I've a Problem with the new done! beta 0.4.5. After Updating the new Version, my Palm won't start the app. The app loads and loads, but nothing happens.

I've deleted the database, but nothing happens. Any idea?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    When I installed the new beta 1.4.5, I lost my custom lists. When I loaded the it, the custom list was supposed to be displayed but it just had "custom" and then a "2" rather than one of the custom lists (I had 2 custom lists). After switching off and switching back there are no custom that I had set up anymore. Is that supposed to happen where you lose your custom lists on install?

Thanks,
    Will
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Same problem here. But I also lost all of my ToDo's!

I had to reset the ToodleDo connection (account), and resynch to get them back.

Now that I have recreated my custom lists, all is well again.
  12.    #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by Majjin View Post
    Hey there! I've a Problem with the new done! beta 0.4.5. After Updating the new Version, my Palm won't start the app. The app loads and loads, but nothing happens.

I've deleted the database, but nothing happens. Any idea?
    Delete the app and reinstall?
  13.    #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatfield View Post
    When I installed the new beta 1.4.5, I lost my custom lists. When I loaded the it, the custom list was supposed to be displayed but it just had "custom" and then a "2" rather than one of the custom lists (I had 2 custom lists). After switching off and switching back there are no custom that I had set up anymore. Is that supposed to happen where you lose your custom lists on install?

Thanks,
    Will
    "Switching off and switching back on?" Switching what off and on?

Custom lists are stored in the same database as tasks - they should stick around between installs, unless you delete the app.

What version did you update from, if you can recall?
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb;
    Delete the app and reinstall?
    Forgot to say: I've deleted it, installed it with preware and also the ipkg with internalz. Between install deleting and install i rebooted the phone. Nothing.
  15.    #635  
    Quote Originally Posted by Majjin View Post
    Forgot to say: I've deleted it, installed it with preware and also the ipkg with internalz. Between install deleting and install i rebooted the phone. Nothing.
    Majjin,

Send me your email and I'll see what I can do to help.

Contact Us | Tiger Country Software
    So when I filter Status >
    I don't see the individual Deferred Statuses. In particular I'm looking for the Waiting status, to filter that down.
    Is that not there?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I think that Done just gets better and better. The Custom lists makes it very flexible.

A couple of minor problems (Done Beta 0.4.5):

The problem where the Default value for Start Date was being ignored when creating a task is now fixed. However, the same problem occurs with the "Repeat From" (Due Date, Complete Date) column.

In the Custom Lists filters, you have to set the filter to "Not Starred" in order to see only the Starred tasks (opposite of what it should be).

One thing that should be documented to the users of Custom Lists is the effect that global preferences have on the Custom Lists. I found that Custom Lists work much better when you set the Global Preferences to dispaly everything (i.e. Negative Priority, Deferred, Checked, etc), and filter out unwanted tasks in the cusom list specifications.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    "Switching off and switching back on?" Switching what off and on?

Custom lists are stored in the same database as tasks - they should stick around between installs, unless you delete the app.

What version did you update from, if you can recall?
    Switching to "Due Date" vs "Custom" for instance and then back to "Custom" in the left hand selector.

I looked into more detail last night. I noticed that my goals weren't synced properly in the Done! database so I relogged in and resynced and the goals are back in there correctly (it was showing only 2 goals in the create custom list view). One of my custom lists was based on filtering for goals so I think that was part of the problem. Could be that having improperly synced goals caused me to lose the custom lists?

I updated from 0.4.3 (the last beta, I think).
  19.    #639  
    Quote Originally Posted by daveway View Post
    So when I filter Status >
    I don't see the individual Deferred Statuses. In particular I'm looking for the Waiting status, to filter that down.
    Is that not there?
    It's not in the predefined lists, but if you create a custom list you can filter by any status you like.
  20.    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatfield View Post
    Switching to "Due Date" vs "Custom" for instance and then back to "Custom" in the left hand selector.

I looked into more detail last night. I noticed that my goals weren't synced properly in the Done! database so I relogged in and resynced and the goals are back in there correctly (it was showing only 2 goals in the create custom list view). One of my custom lists was based on filtering for goals so I think that was part of the problem. Could be that having improperly synced goals caused me to lose the custom lists?

I updated from 0.4.3 (the last beta, I think).
    That shouldn't have made a difference - although the fact that both custom lists and goals were messed up suggests that something happened to the database. I don't know what it could have been, though.

Anybody else have similar issues updating from 0.4.3 to 0.4.5?