Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I am importing my Toodledo into my Google Calendar and it shows just find there. However, I cannot get it to show up on my phone! Anybody know why this is happening?
    Shows up on mine. Have you gone to Preferences on the Pre and turned the ToodleDo iCal feed on under Calendar View Options?
    Howdy all,
    I've read a lot of this thread (but not all), so I apologise if this has already been covered.
    I've tried out the 7-day trial of ToodledoPro, to see if sharing and collaborators works, but it doesn't seem to show up list made from another user in Done!.

Is there any chance we are going to get this in the future? I'd really love to be able to share some lists with my girlfriend, but don't want to have a shared account as I want to be manage my own stuff and not be inundated with all of her irrelevant (to me), lists.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

baldric
  3.    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Is there any chance we are going to get this in the future? I'd really love to be able to share some lists with my girlfriend, but don't want to have a shared account as I want to be manage my own stuff and not be inundated with all of her irrelevant (to me), lists.
    The collaboration stuff is not available in Toodledo's API. They may add it someday, in which case I'll consider adding it to Done. But currently, not possible.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    Two tasks today were not quite right,

One task repeats daily, I checked it of in Done! and it went a way
    I synced, and it is gone like it should be in toodledo
    But it is back in Done!
    Checked it off again in Done!
    and this time it is gone in both areas
    This sounds like the task was edited in both Done! and Toodledo between syncs.

also,
    Yesterday I checked off a weekly repeating event in Done!
    It went away in both toodledo and Done! as expected
    Today it is still gone in Done! as it should be,
    But it is showing in toodledo, it should not show again until sat

I just looked and it is not showing in Done! because it is no where to be found in the folder view, so it appears that Done! can't see it, but toodledo can.
    This I do not know. I will attempt to duplicate the problem and let you know what I find.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Using Done 0.4.2 on webos 1.4.5 in UK

It won't sync from Pre to Web. If I change something in an existing item on the Pre and sync the item disappears completely from the web but stays on the Pre. It will sync from web to pre (i.e. make a change on web it shows up on pre). Strangely if you create a new task on the pre this *does* show up on the web.

Edit: I think perhaps it is just making the change but somehow marking the task as complete at the same time [it doesn't show up in the web but does show up in Outlook as completed which is synced to web]
    Last edited by d70yv4; 07/29/2010 at 08:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I just updated to version 0.4.2 through the Palm app catalog. The new Custom List feature is very useful to me. However, I'd like to have the opportunity to filter for tags as well. Can this please be added?

Thanks.
    However, I'd like to have the opportunity to filter for tags as well. Can this please be added?
    This works great in the beta version, try it out now or wait till the feature is added to the stable release.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Bug Report:
    I tried this in the current version in the app catalog and the latest beta.

When I sort to order my lists from the "Folders & Contexts" screen it takes effect splendidly on the main screen.

However, when I close the app and then reopen they are back in the previous order.

Any way to fix that?

Thanks.

PS To get around the issue I made a custom list. Very nice. Still didn't quite order it the way I like but its a very nice feature.
  9.    #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by d70yv4 View Post
    Using Done 0.4.2 on webos 1.4.5 in UK

It won't sync from Pre to Web. If I change something in an existing item on the Pre and sync the item disappears completely from the web but stays on the Pre. It will sync from web to pre (i.e. make a change on web it shows up on pre). Strangely if you create a new task on the pre this *does* show up on the web.

Edit: I think perhaps it is just making the change but somehow marking the task as complete at the same time [it doesn't show up in the web but does show up in Outlook as completed which is synced to web]
    Yes, you've been bitten by a particularly nasty bug in version 0.4.2. It will mark any task edited in Done as completed in Toodledo. It's fixed in 0.4.4 which has been submitted to Palm...
  10.    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Bug Report:
    I tried this in the current version in the app catalog and the latest beta.

When I sort to order my lists from the "Folders & Contexts" screen it takes effect splendidly on the main screen.

However, when I close the app and then reopen they are back in the previous order.

Any way to fix that?
    I can't reproduce this issue. Which app catalog version & which beta version?
    You get a daily notification for tasks with a due date of today AND a notification a the due time for task with a due time (or start time).
    Is it possible to get a daily notification for tasks with a due date of today OR a notification a the due time for task with a due time (or start time). I have lots of tasks, I want some of them to tell me they are there at a specific time but don't find a 5:00 blast of 24 tasks in the notification area useful.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  12.    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I just updated to version 0.4.2 through the Palm app catalog. The new Custom List feature is very useful to me. However, I'd like to have the opportunity to filter for tags as well. Can this please be added?

Thanks.
    There's many areas where tag support can be improved, and this is one of them. I plan to do so...but as per usual, can't say when it will happen.

Tags are a tricky matter, since you don't really have a separate list of tags (like you do folders, contexts & goals). You create tags "on the fly" in individual tasks, so determining what tags are valid means looking through all tasks on the device. Then what happens when you delete the last task containing a particular tag? It can be handled, but it's a bit more complicated than the other stuff, so I've been procrastinating on it.
  13.    #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    Is it possible to get a daily notification for tasks with a due date of today OR a notification a the due time for task with a due time (or start time). I have lots of tasks, I want some of them to tell me they are there at a specific time but don't find a 5:00 blast of 24 tasks in the notification area useful.
    Good suggestion. Added to "the list"
    I bought Done! quite a while ago, and I just wanted to say thanks again to haeffb for continuing to make this great application even better. I love checking out all the new features every time updates are published.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Yes, you've been bitten by a particularly nasty bug in version 0.4.2. It will mark any task edited in Done as completed in Toodledo. It's fixed in 0.4.4 which has been submitted to Palm...
    Well, that answers my question. I had the exact same problem today when I added due dates to some tasks in Done (which I love, BTW). It's great to know you're already on top of it. Any idea, though, on how long it will be before the update is available?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hi, Brian:

I found what looks like a small bug. Let's say an item for which I want to search contains a number or other special character. Searching for it by typing it in doesn't work, because the first character I type doesn't pick up that I hit the orange key, so the letter, rather than the alternate character types. This is true whether I tap the orange key, hold it, or hit it twice to lock it. I could not find a workaround; even typing "[space] [#]" returns a letter, rather than a number.

While we are on the subject of searching, I often filter and sort, then search to further refine. For instance, I may go to All Tasks, Starred Items, and want to see those items with a context of Office. So I start typing "Office" and I get those items. If, then, I want to see items with a context of "Home" instead, or just cancel the search altogether, is there a quick way to delete "Office" from the search box, or must I backspace it one character at a time? Would it make sense to have the search text selected once I hit return, so that one backspace would wipe it but tapping in the field would deselect it?

Also, does the API permit distinguishing between different Deferred statuses? I can filter by Status and Deferred, but then if I want to see only items that have a status of Waiting rather than, say, Delegated or Postponed, I cannot search for them or otherwise filter for them.

Thanks.
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulawmcc View Post
    Any idea, though, on how long it will be before the update is available?
    No idea - that is up to Palm. I've asked that the update be expedited but that's about all I can do. Hopefully Monday...?

In the meantime, beta version 0.4.3 has been uploaded to Precentral.
    Last edited by haeffb; 07/31/2010 at 09:22 AM.
  18.    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Hi, Brian:

I found what looks like a small bug. Let's say an item for which I want to search contains a number or other special character. Searching for it by typing it in doesn't work, because the first character I type doesn't pick up that I hit the orange key, so the letter, rather than the alternate character types. This is true whether I tap the orange key, hold it, or hit it twice to lock it. I could not find a workaround; even typing "[space] [#]" returns a letter, rather than a number.
    Holding orange and typing a character works for me.

While we are on the subject of searching, I often filter and sort, then search to further refine. For instance, I may go to All Tasks, Starred Items, and want to see those items with a context of Office. So I start typing "Office" and I get those items. If, then, I want to see items with a context of "Home" instead, or just cancel the search altogether, is there a quick way to delete "Office" from the search box, or must I backspace it one character at a time? Would it make sense to have the search text selected once I hit return, so that one backspace would wipe it but tapping in the field would deselect it?
    How about a backswipe gesture?

Also, does the API permit distinguishing between different Deferred statuses? I can filter by Status and Deferred, but then if I want to see only items that have a status of Waiting rather than, say, Delegated or Postponed, I cannot search for them or otherwise filter for them.

Thanks.
    Yes, all statuses are available in done. For example, you can choose which of the 11 possible statuses to include in custom lists.

Currently, the only fields that are searched are Title, Note, Folder and Context. Should additional fields be added?

Hmm...could even add this to the field config screen (include in search)...
    Repost haeffb I have been using Done but didn't think I was using the full functionality. I read up on toodledo's website tonight and saw a timer feature. Is there a way for that to be incorporated? Thanks for your work on this app. I do realize that both the beta and the app catalog have the same name but I notice when I am using universal search to pull it up it only pulls up the beta version any way to make it a slight change so that I could have both of them pull up using universal search?
  20.    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Repost haeffb I have been using Done but didn't think I was using the full functionality. I read up on toodledo's website tonight and saw a timer feature. Is there a way for that to be incorporated? Thanks for your work on this app. I do realize that both the beta and the app catalog have the same name but I notice when I am using universal search to pull it up it only pulls up the beta version any way to make it a slight change so that I could have both of them pull up using universal search?
    Not sure about the timer feature. It's included in the API, but I can see real issues with trying to use it and syncing. You start the timer on Toodledo, stop it on Done...but don't sync for a day and Toodledo thinks it's still going...???

I can change the beta app title. Next release.