Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    Also, I really wish the gray overlay that shows the sync progress would go away, it gets in the way of reviewing my tasks and I have to wait for it to complete for no good reason. Maybe a log somewhere or something in the notification area would be better?
    If you tap on the sync log, it will go away. Even during the sync process.
    If you tap on the sync log, it will go away. Even during the sync process.
    I know, but is just one more step and it is ugly, spoils the aesthetics. I sync a lot because I have lots of advanced repeats. I can't see that it is serving any purpose for me, the spinning wheel is sufficient to tell me the process is still happening. I wish I could turn it off.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I get an install error on filecoaster even after pre restart, from the homebrew list and direct to url, Error under preware is faild or missing file name parameter
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Works now

My wish list:

- Sort items with no tags to the bottom
    - Option to hide sync log
    - Select tags from existing tag list w/ option to add new
    - Move the task view config dialog to the menu with the other config items
    - Replace "Duplicate Task" with a copy icon to make the button smaller

Sync issues seemed to be fixed, thanks! I'll let you know if I find more
    Issue with the title on new custom lists fixed

I found the drag for sort order a bit slow to respond, I would grab an item to move but it would scroll when I dragged, after a while I realized I had to wait till it turned gray before I dragged, maybe if the wait period was a bit shorter it would feel more responsive?
    Last edited by japomani; 07/25/2010 at 11:31 AM.
    is it possible to change the sort order for the "all tasks" custom lists?

I notice that if the noted icon and priority icon is diaplayed, the task title text is narrower for ALL tasks, even those without icons. Is or possible to use conditional formatting to use the full width for task titles when there is no icon?
    Last edited by japomani; 07/25/2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I upgraded to the latest version on Preware (0.3.23) last night.

This morning, I started Done! and was prompted for my ToodleDo login credentials (it looked as if I'd never run Done! before). Once I logged in, my existing tasks appeared (without sync).

I then clicked the sync button, and the process started, then go stuck for 5 minutes or so. I got tired of waiting, closed Done!, and reopened. I tried to sync again, same problem. I then re-started Done!, re-entered my login credentials, and synced. This time it appeared to work.

Then when I started work on ToodleDo this morning, I noticed that many tasks that I had completed (via ToodleDo yesterday) showed up as incomplete, however new tasks that I had added after completing those tasks also seemed to be there as well, so I'm not sure if I lost data.

Finally, I discovered that it looks like everything that I've ever completed in ToodleDo has been set for Completed Yesterday. In other words, I seem to have lost all completion date data on all tasks.

In hindsight, perhaps I should have synced Done! before updating, but I've never had to do this before.

(I know it's Beta with potential for things to go "BP" wrong, and I'm hopeful that I haven't lost any critical data.)

Has anyone else had these problems?
  7.    #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by mathguru View Post
    In hindsight, perhaps I should have synced Done! before updating, but I've never had to do this before.

(I know it's Beta with potential for things to go "BP" wrong, and I'm hopeful that I haven't lost any critical data.)

Has anyone else had these problems?
    I'm sorry...I should have provided more warning.

I've been seeing some weird syncing bugs that I finally determined (I think) were being caused by saving too much data to cookies. I transitioned to using another storage mechanism in 0.3.23, but neglected to transfer over the data from cookies. That's why you had to re-enter login data. Your sync settings were also reset, so Done attempted to re-syinc every task in both Done! and Toodledo, and would have used your "Local wins on Conflict" setting. You shouldn't have lost any tasks, but Toodledo may have overwritten recent changes on the device.

This has been corrected in 0.3.25 so that your existing settings are transferred from cookies to the Depot storage.
    Hi haeffb,

Speaking of syncing issues, I think I found another one. Yesterday, I created a task that was due at noon i.e. 12:00 PM. However, every time I synced up with Toodledo, it changed the time on that task to midnight i.e. 12:00 AM. Setting the due time to different intervals didn't help - I tried setting the due time to 12:05 PM or 12:30 PM and they just turned into 12:05 AM and 12:30 AM after sync. If I set the due time outside the 12:00 hour i.e. to 11:30 AM or 1:00 PM, it seems to keep the original time after sync.

Has anyone here else had this problem? haeffb, do you have any advice about this issue? Thanks for your hard work and quick responses to these issues. Have a great day.
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!
  9.    #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    Hi haeffb,

Speaking of syncing issues, I think I found another one. Yesterday, I created a task that was due at noon i.e. 12:00 PM. However, every time I synced up with Toodledo, it changed the time on that task to midnight i.e. 12:00 AM. Setting the due time to different intervals didn't help - I tried setting the due time to 12:05 PM or 12:30 PM and they just turned into 12:05 AM and 12:30 AM after sync. If I set the due time outside the 12:00 hour i.e. to 11:30 AM or 1:00 PM, it seems to keep the original time after sync.

Has anyone here else had this problem? haeffb, do you have any advice about this issue? Thanks for your hard work and quick responses to these issues. Have a great day.
    Confirmed bug and fixed in next release.
    Sync issue:
    I clicked an over due daily repeat from completion item in toodledo
    I synced in Done!
    The item stayed in Done!
    Refreshed in toodledo and the item was back
    Clicked again in toodledo
    Synced in Done! and it was gone.

Do you need more information?

Thanks for all you do
    New to Done! and Toodledo - I got tired of waiting on someone to put together a good Remember the Milk app.

So far I love it! But I have a question. I imported my Toodledo task list ical into Google Calendar, and it shows in my Google Calendar. However, my tasks are not showing up in my calendar on my Pre. I would love to have the tasks added to my calendar such that I will get notifications/reminders of the tasks according to my default notification settings in my Pre calendar.

Is this possible? If so, what am I missing?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Minor bug (occurs in 0.3.25 and earlier):

Setting a Start Date to "Today" in the Preferences - Default Task Options has no effect on a new task. The new task has the Start Date default to "No Date".
    I am importing my Toodledo into my Google Calendar and it shows just find there. However, I cannot get it to show up on my phone! Anybody know why this is happening?
    Are notifications within Done! only done at a certain time? Under notification settings, you can enable notifications, but you are only able to set an actual time for the notification. Will it be possible to change this so that you can set the notification to be, for example, "1 day before," "1 hour before," "15 minutes before," and so on?

I have reports due often and prefer to have a reminder pop up the day before it is due, not, for example, 7:30 am the day it is due.

Sorry for all the questions everyone.
  15.    #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    Sync issue:
    I clicked an over due daily repeat from completion item in toodledo
    I synced in Done!
    The item stayed in Done!
    Refreshed in toodledo and the item was back
    Clicked again in toodledo
    Synced in Done! and it was gone.

Do you need more information?

Thanks for all you do
    Do you have "Local Wins on Conflict" set to "On"?

Is the issue repeatable, or did it just happen the one time?
  16.    #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Minor bug (occurs in 0.3.25 and earlier):

Setting a Start Date to "Today" in the Preferences - Default Task Options has no effect on a new task. The new task has the Start Date default to "No Date".
    Oops. Confirmed bug & fixed in next release.
  17.    #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Are notifications within Done! only done at a certain time? Under notification settings, you can enable notifications, but you are only able to set an actual time for the notification. Will it be possible to change this so that you can set the notification to be, for example, "1 day before," "1 hour before," "15 minutes before," and so on?

I have reports due often and prefer to have a reminder pop up the day before it is due, not, for example, 7:30 am the day it is due.

Sorry for all the questions everyone.
    Done will provide notifications at a tasks' start time or due time. For your purposes, you could use start date/time as when you want the notification.

Toodledo's reminders could also be used if you have a Pro account to get a SMS/email reminder.
    Do you have "Local Wins on Conflict" set to "On"?
    Yes

I'll tell you tomorrow when it comes back
    Two tasks today were not quite right,

One task repeats daily, I checked it of in Done! and it went a way
    I synced, and it is gone like it should be in toodledo
    But it is back in Done!
    Checked it off again in Done!
    and this time it is gone in both areas

also,
    Yesterday I checked off a weekly repeating event in Done!
    It went away in both toodledo and Done! as expected
    Today it is still gone in Done! as it should be,
    But it is showing in toodledo, it should not show again until sat

I just looked and it is not showing in Done! because it is no where to be found in the folder view, so it appears that Done! can't see it, but toodledo can.
    Last edited by japomani; 07/28/2010 at 08:19 AM.
    I have a feature request: Quick view switching

Done! uses the gesture areas to back out of the edit task dialogue and the configure dialogs. There is one more place they could be used that I think would really enhance how I use Done!: to navigate the "view history"

I have three custom lists that I use frequently each day to bring order to my life. I am constantly switching between them. Switching is not too bad: reach a thumb up, hit the button, choose list I want from the list, hit the list name.

But I think it would be much easier, quicker, to just swipe the back or forward gesture to pop quickly between views that I have recently been using. Back swipe to see the list I opened last, forward swipe to return to the view I was on. Back swipe twice to go back farther in the "list history", all similar to the way back and forward gestures work in the browser.

This would really make navigating lists easy and take advantage of the webOS goodness. Anyone else think this would be useful?