Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 987
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    haeffb,
    I have one small feature request. I notice that the earliest you can get a reminder on a task is 15 minutes before the task's due time. Would it be possible to allow us to set a reminder right when the task is due?
    The "reminder" is for Toodledo's SMS/email reminder system. In order to actually set the reminder time you have to be a Pro subscriber (I guess this is actually a bug in Done! that it allows other values in the reminder field) or else it uses it's default value of 1 hour.

    Done! does, however provide webOS notifications AT the duetime of any task.
  2. Whatfield's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #562  
    Played around with custom lists. Seems to work fine. Overall I like it. I did notice that, since I would be switching back between the custom view and a "traditional" view like due date, it would be nice to Done! know which view in due date you were at before rather than having to select that view again. Save a little time on the switching back and forth.

    For instance: switching from any "main sort" like due date/folder/custom have done remember the last view of that type so for instance switching to due date if my last view was "today" then it comes back to due date/today. I would like that since I'll be switching views more often now...
  3. #563  
    I have a custom list with the following settings

    Folder x (unselect 5 other folders)
    Today
    Include older
    tags sorted at top

    What I expect to see is
    Only items from the one folder
    Tasks due today or overdue
    The tags (A, B, C, Delegated) in headers and tasks with those tags displayed

    What I see is
    Headers for importance levels, then header for no status, then header other importance levels, and then more importance levels, etc. Each importance level has a header multiple times
    Tasks from all folders are there
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  4. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    What I see is
    Headers for importance levels, then header for no status, then header other importance levels, and then more importance levels, etc. Each importance level has a header multiple times
    Tasks from all folders are there
    I can confirm this.

    Did a test with similar settings.

    With tags set for ordering, I experience the same strange sorting with "importance" (and also multiples of the same "Importance-level" at different positions).

    With other elements picked for sorting, it seems to work fine. At least the ones I tested.
  5.    #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    I can confirm this.

    Did a test with similar settings.

    With tags set for ordering, I experience the same strange sorting with "importance" (and also multiples of the same "Importance-level" at different positions).

    With other elements picked for sorting, it seems to work fine. At least the ones I tested.
    Yeah, remember last page where I said "some things might not work?" Tags is some things...

    Actually, tags is going to be difficult to sort by, because a task can have more than one tag. How do you decide whether it goes under the heading "Tag A" or the heading "Tag B" ?

    Edit: Looks like Toodledo puts it under the heading "Tag A, Tag B". Which seems kinda...lame.
    Last edited by haeffb; 07/20/2010 at 06:37 PM.
  6.    #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatfield View Post
    Played around with custom lists. Seems to work fine. Overall I like it. I did notice that, since I would be switching back between the custom view and a "traditional" view like due date, it would be nice to Done! know which view in due date you were at before rather than having to select that view again. Save a little time on the switching back and forth.

    For instance: switching from any "main sort" like due date/folder/custom have done remember the last view of that type so for instance switching to due date if my last view was "today" then it comes back to due date/today. I would like that since I'll be switching views more often now...
    I've thought of doing something like that, but I'm already storing a LOT of data in the app's cookies.

    You could just create a custom DueDate list...
  7. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Actually, tags is going to be difficult to sort by, because a task can have more than one tag. How do you decide whether it goes under the heading "Tag A" or the heading "Tag B" ?

    Edit: Looks like Toodledo puts it under the heading "Tag A, Tag B". Which seems kinda...lame.
    Just a thought:

    Would it be possible, to show the relevant tasks under ALL set tags?

    Like contacts in some PIM (like older Outlook): When a contact is in several 'categories' (read: with several tags), the one single contact entry shows up in each of the selected categories.

    That would be great.

    However I don't know if that would be possible with DONE!
  8. #568  
    Edit: Looks like Toodledo puts it under the heading "Tag A, Tag B". Which seems kinda...lame.
    I agree

    Would it be possible, to show the relevant tasks under ALL set tags?

    Like contacts in some PIM (like older Outlook): When a contact is in several 'categories' (read: with several tags), the one single contact entry shows up in each of the selected categories.
    This seems more consistent with the concept of how the concept of how tags are supposed to work

    I use the Franklin Covey model for organization (i.e., ABC 123) Tags are the only to do this in Toodldo. Not ideal because there is not a drop down list, but much more flexible because you can do ABCDeletedHoldEtc. and you can add two tags to the same item.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  9. #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    The "reminder" is for Toodledo's SMS/email reminder system. In order to actually set the reminder time you have to be a Pro subscriber (I guess this is actually a bug in Done! that it allows other values in the reminder field) or else it uses it's default value of 1 hour.

    Done! does, however provide webOS notifications AT the duetime of any task.
    haeffb,

    Thanks for the quick reply. I've now purchased Done and it works great! One more question though: Is it possible to control Toodledo's advanced task repeat options within Done? Thanks again and have a good day.
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!
  10.    #570  
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    haeffb,

    Thanks for the quick reply. I've now purchased Done and it works great! One more question though: Is it possible to control Toodledo's advanced task repeat options within Done? Thanks again and have a good day.
    No it is not possible. Advanced repeats have to be set up in Toodledo. The repeated task is also not created until you sync with Toodledo.
  11. Whatfield's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I've thought of doing something like that, but I'm already storing a LOT of data in the app's cookies.

    You could just create a custom DueDate list...
    Good point. I'll try that. Of course that would mean that eventually most of my views would just be custom views...but that's ok I guess.
  12. #572  
    Hi,

    I'm mostly using Done! Beta v 0.3.17.

    Phone number recognition is not quite as universal as I'd expected in Done. Just from an example today, I have a phone number in both the title of the to do item and in the Notes of the to do item.

    When viewed in the list of todo items, the phone number is only recognized/blue-underlined/clickable in the gray notes area, i.e., when the notes are expanded (via the notes icon). The phone number is not recognized in either the to do title or in either the title or the notes when in the To Do item detail scene. The number is an 800 number in the format xxx-xxx-xxxx.

    Could you consider expanding that recognition to be done whenever it appears? I can see there might be challenges in terms of editable/non-editable states and whether to interpret a tap as placing a cursor versus wanting to call the phone number...but if a solution can be found, that'd be great.

    By extension, if it's not already done, the other important/clickable items like email addresses, URLs, and whatever else should also be expanded to be recognized everywhere, if possible, and subject to some of the same challenges as the phone number, I'd guess.

    Thanks!

    er...I'll address my Universal Search question in a different post...
  13. #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    haeffb I have been using Done but didn't think I was using the full functionality. I read up on toodledo website tonight and saw a timer feature. Is there a way for that to be incorporated? Thanks for your work on this app. I do realize that both the beta and the app catalog have the same name but I notice when I am using universal search to pull it up it only pulls up the beta version any way to make it a slight change so that I could have both of them pull up using universal search?
    Contrary to what Mamouton noticed, for me, when I type "Done" into Universal search, the App Catalog version of Done shows up, but the beta one does not. The App Catalog version I have installed is 0.3.12, and the beta one is version 0.3.17.

    Can those be changed so that they both show up in Universal Search?

    Another enhancement for Universal Search would be to have them show up when typing in "synonyms"...I don't know the internals of how this is managed, but if I type in "note" into Universal Search, not only does Inglorious Apps' "Notes" application show up, the built-in "Memos" app also shows up, suggesting to me that there's some meta-data-like field in the app files that allows apps to list terms other than their name for which they should show up in Universal Search.

    If so, I'd love Done (both App Catalog and Beta versions) to show up when I type "task", "tasks", "todo", "to do", etc.

    Thanks!
  14.    #574  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Could you consider expanding that recognition to be done whenever it appears? I can see there might be challenges in terms of editable/non-editable states and whether to interpret a tap as placing a cursor versus wanting to call the phone number...but if a solution can be found, that'd be great.
    Making the phone numbers/emails/urls tappable in the edit fields would be very challenging. It may be possible, but not anytime soon, I'm afraid.

    As for the universal search, I'll investigate. I suspect that you're currently seeing whichever was installed last (or maybe first...)
  15.    #575  
    Version 0.3.19 adds sorting by Tag in Custom Lists (not individual tags, but the lame Toodledo method of showing all tags assigned to a task).

    And the ability to change the background color, in case you're tired of yellow. Feel free to suggest RGB values of colors that you think will look good. They will need to be relatively light/pastel to fit with the default Palm color scheme.
  16. #576  
    Regarding custom lists

    Sorting by tags appears to be working, I can start using this as my primary tool now so I will give more feedback as I find stuff.

    Two requests:

    1. When making a new list, tapping the task title field clears the default text and replaces it with "new task title" text. would be better if it cleared the default text and left it blank

    2. Items with no tags would be better sorted to the bottom, not the top with my highest priority items.

    Also, the task config is in an odd place, why isn't it with the other configurations in the menu?
    Last edited by japomani; 07/22/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  17. #577  
    I have an item that repeats weekly on sat. I changed the priority from medium to low in Done!. after multiple syncs, the items stays medium on toodledo and stays low on Done!

    I have a task on toodledo that does not show up in done!, even though it is very similar to others in the same folder

    How do you want me to give you more information for debugging?

    Also, I really wish the gray overlay that shows the sync progress would go away, it gets in the way of reviewing my tasks and I have to wait for it to complete for no good reason. Maybe a log somewhere or something in the notification area would be better?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  18. #578  
    I had two event that were very over due, twice I set them to be due "in one month" they went away in Done! after sync they came back.

    I checked off a weekly repeating even in Done!, but it does not check off in toodledo.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  19. #579  
    Hold on these syncing issues, it could be that the problems were caused by Toodler which does a really poor job of syncing. I'll let you know tomorrow if problems persist.

    I like how on Toodedo when I go to add a tag it tells me all the tags I already have, I can select one or add a new one, is that functionallity possible with Done!?

    Perhaps when adding a tag there is a drop down list with the bottom option being to add a tag and then another dialog opens, similar to how selecting due date works, you choose from options or set a specific date.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  20.    #580  
    version 0.3.21 uploaded. Release candidate for 0.4.0 for app catalog. Please test thoroughly.

    Provided additional color selections.
    Worked out some bugs in syncing.
    Added support for length field in tasks.

Posting Permissions