Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Regarding custom lists, looks great! Can't wait.

I want to be sure that the dates selector is dynamic. I need there to be

1. All tasks due today and overdue
    2. All tasks due tomorrow only

"today" and "tomorrow" are dynamic values derived from the current date.

I am not asking for this, but it might be interesting to be able to filter by the "time" of a task, as well as the "date" for example, it might be interesting to have a list for things done "this afternoon"
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I'm very surprised this hasn't been brought up yet, but is it really necessary to indicate "no due date" on every single item? If there's no date I'd rather that section was left blank, which would make those few To-Dos that actually have due dates stand out more.
    The reason I pulled the trigger on Done! even though I use the hierarchical Outline Tracker as my main To Do list for projects is that my hot items are always visible on my desktop using the Toodledo gadget from the Google Desktop sidebar, which is cool. If you're interested in trying this, you have to add it manually by going to the Add Gadgets screen and entering the following in the search box:
    http://www.toodledo.com/widget/gmail.php
    However, I've recently noticed an annoying bug with this. If anything at all resizes your desktop, as several games tend to do, it permanently resizes the Toodledo gadget so that you can no longer press the "Save" button to create new tasks. To fix this, you have to actually remove the gadget and re-add it, after which you can then resize it normally. Very annoying.

Anyone have a fix for this, or a better Windows-based desktop tool for Toodledo that doesn't rely on leaving a browser window open?
    haeffb I have been using Done but didn't think I was using the full functionality. I read up on toodledo website tonight and saw a timer feature. Is there a way for that to be incorporated? Thanks for your work on this app. I do realize that both the beta and the app catalog have the same name but I notice when I am using universal search to pull it up it only pulls up the beta version any way to make it a slight change so that I could have both of them pull up using universal search?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Brian:

Thanks for indenting subtasks. It really helps.

One behavior that is different than Toodledo on the web is that on the web, checking off the parent checks off the subtasks. In Done!, it just checks off the parent, leaving the subtasks. This may be a limitation of the API, but just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Also, it would be really good if a future version could implement the function of the web version whereby you could click on a subtask and see the parent and other tasks. This comes in very handy when the parent has a different context than one or more of the subtasks. In such a case, you see the subtask in some views, but not the parent. On the web, clicking the suitcase icon shows you parent and other subtasks together. Again, this may be a limitation of the API, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Regards,
    DCFlyer
    @haeffb

Just wanted to ask you, if you´re still considering the option to sync the toodledo-notebook with "Done"? This would make a second note-app obsolet for me and "Done" would be my all-in-one-solution.
    Thx a lot in advance.
    Toby
    haeffb

I also love Done! - great job - would also like to sync the toodledo-notebook. Are you considering adding this or do you have another app that does it?
    Thanks Again!!!
    Wendy
  8.    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by wendy2010 View Post
    haeffb

I also love Done! - great job - would also like to sync the toodledo-notebook. Are you considering adding this or do you have another app that does it?
    Thanks Again!!!
    Wendy
    I am considering adding notebook support - either in Done! or as a separate app - but have other features I need to add to Done first. Currently working on custom lists (i.e. choose which folders, goals, duedates, etc. to display in a list). Will likely move on to better subtask support after that...
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Currently working on custom lists (i.e. choose which folders, goals, duedates, etc. to display in a list). Will likely move on to better subtask support after that...
    It's great to see how quickly this app is evolving; thanks for all your work on this.

Being used to a hierarchical structure for managing projects/todos, subtasks would definitely be my top priority. Especially if these can be added via Done! without purchasing a Pro account on Toodledo (although I probably would anyway). Without a Pro account it could simply skip subtasks when syncing or copy them into the notes field.
  10.    #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    It's great to see how quickly this app is evolving; thanks for all your work on this.

Being used to a hierarchical structure for managing projects/todos, subtasks would definitely be my top priority. Especially if these can be added via Done! without purchasing a Pro account on Toodledo (although I probably would anyway). Without a Pro account it could simply skip subtasks when syncing or copy them into the notes field.
    Subtask support in Done!, when available, will require a Toodledo Pro account.
  11.    #551  
    Version 0.3.15 uploaded.

Includes the ability to create custom lists. This version has not been fully tested - some parts may not work.

Go to the app menu & choose "Custom Lists..."

You can add, edit or delete custom list configurations. The list configuration includes filters by folder, context, etc. and by due date and start date. Tap on "Folders" to select the folders to include/exclude in the list. Tap on "Contexts"...and so on.

It also includes the ability to specify a custom sort order by the various task fields (folder, priority, etc). Drag the fields to change the sort order, tap on the field to change from ASCending to DESCending.

Go to the list menu (top right menu in header) and choose "Custom" then go to the filter menu and choose among your custom lists.
    regarding the custom lists:

I deleted the beta version of Done
    I installed the new one via filecoaster (does not show up in preware)
    I got the following message "install error"
    Then "installation complete"
    Launch app and login
    perform sync
    go to menu and open custom lists link
    click on title field, I want the "New custom list" text to go away on focus but I have to delete it before adding my own title
    click folders
    get this message: Template load failed: custom-list/foldersListTemplate.html

Same thing for contexts, goals, etc.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  13.    #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    regarding the custom lists:

I deleted the beta version of Done
    I installed the new one via filecoaster (does not show up in preware)
    I got the following message "install error"
    Then "installation complete"
    Launch app and login
    perform sync
    go to menu and open custom lists link
    click on title field, I want the "New custom list" text to go away on focus but I have to delete it before adding my own title
    click folders
    get this message: Template load failed: custom-list/foldersListTemplate.html

Same thing for contexts, goals, etc.
    It appears there was an error in your installation. I'd suggest deleting and reinstalling again. I'm not sure why it's not showing up in Preware. I've uploaded 0.3.15 again in case there's something wrong with the previous upload.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the new Beta (from preware), and I am getting the same error "Template failed to load".
  15.    #555  
    I just uploaded version 0.3.17.

It includes display of tasks by "Importance" in the All Tasks list and an option in prefs to toggle indenting of subtasks for Toodledo Pro users.

Fixes the template issue as well...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I just uploaded version 0.3.17
    I'm not sure what is wrong, but before today, no updated versions appeared on Preware. Today, 0.3.15 appeared, but I'm unable to update. I get the following error message, which I'm basically interpreting like a 404 error on a web page:

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.tigers.beta_.done_0.3.15_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/com.tigers.beta_.done_0.3.15_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    161 161 161 161 0 0 867 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 2118
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

I don't see 0.3.17 at all.
  17.    #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by mathguru View Post
    I don't see 0.3.17 at all.
    I uploaded 0.3.17 again. Don't know what else I can do...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Dear Haeffb - I ran into this same error when I first tried to do the 0.3.17 upgrade but I just tried it again and it worked. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Preware shows 0.3.17 this morning. I was able to upgrade without errors. I'll give the new features a try, and I'll post any issues I run across.
    haeffb,

I just downloaded the Done! beta this morning to try it out before purchase. (I ran into the same issues mathguru did last night, but it appears to be fixed now.) So far, this looks like a great app! I'm going to play around with it over the next few days.

I have one small feature request. I notice that the earliest you can get a reminder on a task is 15 minutes before the task's due time. Would it be possible to allow us to set a reminder right when the task is due? I look forward to using this app to help me manage not only my work tasks, but also my small errands (deposit cheques, pick up the bread on the way home, etc.) Since I live in a smaller town, I don't really need a reminder for these tasks until right when they're due. Now of course I could set the start time for 15 minutes after I really want the task to start and then set the reminder for 15 minutes before that, but that seems like a confusing workaround for what appears to be a fairly simple feature addition.

Thanks again for putting together a great app, and thanks for continuing to make the Beta available in Preware to allow us to try before we buy. Have a great day.
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!