Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I have the beta and the app catalog versions installed. Here's my question: I don't really want background syncing if both apps are closed, but I'm still seeing dashboard notifications about syncing. What is the preference that controls this? I have the box for "sync after closing" unchecked in both apps.
    Auto-sync will sync every 30 minutes whether the app is closed or open.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Auto-sync will sync every 30 minutes whether the app is closed or open.
    OK, thanks. I was imagining that auto-sync meant that every time a task item was added or changed on the Pre that Done! would sync it. Does that happen? And "Sync after app is closed" means that Sync just happens once AS the app is closed? Sorry, maybe it's just me, but the terms seem to mean the opposite of what I was expecting.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    The Help menu has a section briefly describing the sync options. It should help clarify the terms for you. If you disable the sync opions in preferences, you can manually sync after adding a task by clicking the sync button on the lower right. Other options are to sync once upon opening the app and sync once upon closing it.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by throwerbev View Post
    Is it possible to have a checkmark box on the detail screen for the task so we don't have to go hunt for it to mark it "done" or am I doing something wrong? Thank you.
    Version 0.3.5 uploaded

Provides a checkmark on the task details screen.

In order to leave enough room for the task title, I moved the star icon down a row. You can also now eliminate the star from the display using "Config" button.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    haeff

There might be a bug with task notes.

I have plenty of tasks in my toodledo (235) and many with notes. When I click on notes icon:
    - some open correctly just beneath the task
    - some (especially those not on top of the list) open further down, below several tasks lower. Sometimes empty (just grey area), sometimes with the note

- All tasks (left) and hotlist (right) seems to work fine
    - Others (all / all) or other "filters" have this bug

Am I the only one who is having this behaviour?
  6.    #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    haeff

There might be a bug with task notes.

I have plenty of tasks in my toodledo (235) and many with notes. When I click on notes icon:
    - some open correctly just beneath the task
    - some (especially those not on top of the list) open further down, below several tasks lower. Sometimes empty (just grey area), sometimes with the note

- All tasks (left) and hotlist (right) seems to work fine
    - Others (all / all) or other "filters" have this bug

Am I the only one who is having this behaviour?
    No, you're not the only one. I can confirm it's a bug. Not sure what's causing it yet, except the number of tasks being displayed in the list...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I had an odd thing happened to me (running the Beta release).

I noticed that that several tasks were missing from the Done list. Went to the Toodledo web site, and there they were. I changed the start dates to today, resynched, and the tasks reappeared on Done.

The Toodledo tasks had a start date of around a week ago, no due date, and an advanced repeat of every two days (other fields left blank).

Any suggestion on what to look for should I discover this situation again, that would assist in diagnosing the problem?

Thanks
  8.    #508  
    No, you're not the only one. I can confirm it's a bug. Not sure what's causing it yet, except the number of tasks being displayed in the list...
    Version 0.3.7 uploaded.

Fixes this issue - which occurred when you had more than 30 tasks in the current list.
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    I had an odd thing happened to me (running the Beta release).

I noticed that that several tasks were missing from the Done list. Went to the Toodledo web site, and there they were. I changed the start dates to today, resynched, and the tasks reappeared on Done.

The Toodledo tasks had a start date of around a week ago, no due date, and an advanced repeat of every two days (other fields left blank).

Any suggestion on what to look for should I discover this situation again, that would assist in diagnosing the problem?

Thanks
    Hmm....not sure what to make of this. Advanced Repeats aren't handled on the device - Toodledo has to take care of them. During the sync process, I send the tasks revised on the device to Toodledo, it creates the new repeat task, and then I get them back from Toodledo by checking for any tasks modified on the web after the start of the sync process. If something interfered with the sync during that step, they could get "lost".

I don't know what you could look for...I guess be diligent during the sync to see that Advanced Repeats actually show up on the device, & if not let me know if the sync finished normally...in which case there is some bigger problem that would need to be addressed...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I just purchased v0.3.0 and set up a new toodledo account but when I go to sync, it starts and just hangs.

I have triple checked login info, I tried to re-login numerous times, even deleted the app and re-installed. The sync will not get past "Starting Sync Process"

Not sure what to do.

Thanks
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by Powervette View Post
    I just purchased v0.3.0 and set up a new toodledo account but when I go to sync, it starts and just hangs.

I have triple checked login info, I tried to re-login numerous times, even deleted the app and re-installed. The sync will not get past "Starting Sync Process"

Not sure what to do.

Thanks
    Please send an email to tigercountrysoftware at gmail so that we can assist in troubleshooting. Thanks!
    @haeffb
    As always, awesome work!!!
    I just wanted to second the notebook support
    Btw, did you see "Done" being the Top Pick at webosroundup?
    webOSroundup Top Pick: Done! | webOSroundup

Cheers, Toby
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Version 0.3.7 uploaded.

Fixes this issue - which occurred when you had more than 30 tasks in the current list.
    haeffb
    Thank you very much!

This is a great release.
    Not only did it fix the notes bug (I experienced), but opening the notes has speed up dramatically.
    It seems, the whole app flows better.

Thanks a lot.
    My question relates more to the issue of how do you create subtasks on the device. Displaying subtasks is fairly trivial, but providing an interface that lets you easily say "make this task a subtask of that task" isn't quite as simple. And making it unobtrusive for non-Pro users may be difficult as well.
    Have a look at life balance. That does indented subtasks well. You can download a demo version for palm and windows.

www.llamagraphics.com

They don't do a palm pre version (although it works in classic) , and say they don't intend to so you wouldn't be getting ideas from potential competition
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I don't know what you could look for...I guess be diligent during the sync to see that Advanced Repeats actually show up on the device, & if not let me know if the sync finished normally...in which case there is some bigger problem that would need to be addressed...
    Well, it happened again. An "Every 2 days" task, checked off on Sunday, did not appear in Done today (Tuesday). I went to Toodledo, updated the task by changing its priority then changing it back, resynched, and the task reappeared in Done.

As far as I can tell, there have been no problems in the sync process.

Again, the task has a start date but no due date, with an advanced repeat of "Every 2 days".
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    on toodledo, I have my Contexts set to separate my work and personal tasks. I'd like to be able to have it on Done so that I only one or the other is visible, but I'm partial to the sort by due date. Would it be possible to have the list sort by due date after you select a specific folder/context? There's really no need to have a heading of the folder/context if you select to view only one.

For example, I select sort by contexts on the left and see all my tasks grouped into my "personal" and "work" contexts. Then, when I select "work only" on the right, I'll see only my work tasks sorted by due date.

I'd be a big fan of that!

thanks again for all your great work!
  17.    #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Well, it happened again. An "Every 2 days" task, checked off on Sunday, did not appear in Done today (Tuesday). I went to Toodledo, updated the task by changing its priority then changing it back, resynched, and the task reappeared in Done.

As far as I can tell, there have been no problems in the sync process.

Again, the task has a start date but no due date, with an advanced repeat of "Every 2 days".
    I'm looking into it, but haven't yet been able to consistently reproduce the problem.
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahogue82 View Post
    on toodledo, I have my Contexts set to separate my work and personal tasks. I'd like to be able to have it on Done so that I only one or the other is visible, but I'm partial to the sort by due date. Would it be possible to have the list sort by due date after you select a specific folder/context? There's really no need to have a heading of the folder/context if you select to view only one.

For example, I select sort by contexts on the left and see all my tasks grouped into my "personal" and "work" contexts. Then, when I select "work only" on the right, I'll see only my work tasks sorted by due date.

I'd be a big fan of that!

thanks again for all your great work!
    Isn't the list already sorted by due date when you select your work context?

When I get saved searches/lists done, you'll have much more control over filtering and sort order. Coming "soon" to a Done! near you.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Isn't the list already sorted by due date when you select your work context?

When I get saved searches/lists done, you'll have much more control over filtering and sort order. Coming "soon" to a Done! near you.
    it does, but I generally don't even know where I am, nevermind what day it is. Therefore, I tend to rely on the "overdue" "today" "tomorrow" headings to keep me organized. If more advanced sorting options are planned, then that works for me!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Maybe have it link with contacts so that if you need to call someone orreference a contact you can link it with your contacts llist for easy access.