Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Need some feedback on what's next: Saved searches or subtask support? I'm leaning toward saved searches because subtasks only benefit Toodledo Pro users, but will take whatever feedback you all want to offer.

Hhhmmmm......

I feel a bit like daveway. I like both.

But as you mentioned. More people profit from the saved searches.

=> So my vote goes for saved searches.

But keep the subtasks a close follow.
    Just a How-To question...

...so clicking on the app icon in the notification rotates through the "stack of task notifications (a fool bit o functionality), which gives me a rwason to want to keep the notification in the dashboard...

...But what if I dismiss it? Whether by accident or intentionally? Is there a way to get them to come back up?
    Hey,

This might not be because of Done!, because I've bought a lot of apps in the past week, but it's one of the only new ones that I keep open most of the time...

...what I've noticed is that I seem to get the "Too Many Cards" error, today I got the "Memory Critical: throw away some cards" (TMC) error twice, and I've had a much higher incidence of the whole WebOS "pausing"/"hanging"/slowing down, presumably as my Pre goes to using the much slower swap space to start doing memory management.

Could there be some memory leak or something going on?

Along with a ton of patches, I am running the current public (non-alpha, non-beta) release of the UeberKernel (at 500-800MHz, except when my Pre gets too hot) plus the CPU Scaler app to control set the UeberKernel's speed.

I've seen a number of reports that Ueberkernel is prone to the slowing, but that seems to be more of a symptom of too-much-memory being used rather than a cause; specifically, it seems to use an algorithm for memory management that's less likely than the stock kernel to throw the TMC error, but is more likely to use swap space. I found that info here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...el-govnah.html

Thanks for listening!
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    To clarify squeff's point, Toodledo Pro is a paid service while Toodledo is free. Toodledo Pro allows sub-tasks while Toodledo does not. So sub-tasks would only benefit people who pay for Toodledo Pro, which is probably a small percentage of Done! users.
    That's precisely what I meant. Thanks for clarifying, dave75.
  5.    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    ...But what if I dismiss it? Whether by accident or intentionally? Is there a way to get them to come back up?
    No, there's no way to get them to come back up, other than waiting until the next notification time.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the notification system, but not sure yet what improvements to make.
  6.    #486  
    Could there be some memory leak or something going on?
    I wouldn't rule it out, but I've not heard any other reports of issues like this...
    I would vote for subtasks. I will be happy to upgrade to pro once Done! has the subtask feature.

Importance would also be a useful feature.

Nick
    Need some feedback on what's next: Saved searches or subtask support? I'm leaning toward saved searches because subtasks only benefit Toodledo Pro users, but will take whatever feedback you all want to offer.

Regarding subtasks - any thoughts on how that should work?
    This may sound ... I don't know ... a bit "high-toned", but there's an aspect of the "only benefitting Toodledo Pro users" you might want to mull over.

Obviously, the Toodledo folks don't provide the free version simply as a public courtesy. They do it in hopes that folks will upgrade. Though there's no moral or legal obligation to support the paid version, I'm sure they would appreciate the support much more than a version that doesn't support the pro service. In a way, your app not supporting pro almost encourages folks not to upgrade.

Were you to do a subtask feature, I'd think it would group the subs under the main task and indent them. Possibly a "shrink and grow" gadget to display/not display them. Auto-finishing the subs when finishing the parent task would probably be nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    ...In a way, your app not supporting pro almost encourages folks not to upgrade...
    To support my point:

...I'd vote for subtask support before saved searches! I don't have toodledo pro yet, but I'd definitely do it if Done supported it...
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Same here and +1....
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbanair View Post
    I would vote for subtasks. I will be happy to upgrade to pro once Done! has the subtask feature...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This may sound ... I don't know ... a bit "high-toned", but there's an aspect of the "only benefitting Toodledo Pro users" you might want to mull over.

Obviously, the Toodledo folks don't provide the free version simply as a public courtesy. They do it in hopes that folks will upgrade. Though there's no moral or legal obligation to support the paid version, I'm sure they would appreciate the support much more than a version that doesn't support the pro service. In a way, your app not supporting pro almost encourages folks not to upgrade.

Were you to do a subtask feature, I'd think it would group the subs under the main task and indent them. Possibly a "shrink and grow" gadget to display/not display them. Auto-finishing the subs when finishing the parent task would probably be nice too.
    Toodledo Pro is only $14.95 per year. I for one paid that just to get the subtasking ability. My vote is for subtask support for development priority for Done!
  11.    #491  
    In a way, your app not supporting pro almost encourages folks not to upgrade.
    That is a good point. On the other hand, simply making Done! available as a webOS app has surely introduced a good many people to Toodledo - customers that they otherwise would not have had. It's a symbiotic relationship.

With that in mind, both saved searches and subtask support are going to be fairly major efforts - I'd simply like to focus on the one that will most benefit Done! users.

My question relates more to the issue of how do you create subtasks on the device. Displaying subtasks is fairly trivial, but providing an interface that lets you easily say "make this task a subtask of that task" isn't quite as simple. And making it unobtrusive for non-Pro users may be difficult as well.

Does the edit task screen need a list of subtasks for parent tasks? A "create subtask" button? Does it need a list of potential parent tasks? How do you do that well when you have hundreds of tasks?
    My question relates more to the issue of how do you create subtasks on the device. Displaying subtasks is fairly trivial, but providing an interface that lets you easily say "make this task a subtask of that task" isn't quite as simple. And making it unobtrusive for non-Pro users may be difficult as well.

Does the edit task screen need a list of subtasks for parent tasks? A "create subtask" button? Does it need a list of potential parent tasks? How do you do that well when you have hundreds of tasks?
    My thought would be to have a button at the bottom of the edit task screen, much like Duplicate Task and Config buttons. This sort of goes with the flow of how sub tasks would be created. You create the parent task first, then add subsequent subs to it.

Don't know if their API allows checking for which version (I'm reasonably sure it does), but if so, you could use that, and not display the Add Subtask buttone if it's less than pro.
    I have no real need for subtasks, but here is what I imagined.

toggle subtasks option in preferences.
    when subtasks are on there will be a new icon (like the i in the calendar entries). The icon will be one thing when there are subtasks and something else when not.
    clicking the icon will show the indented subtasks.
    At the top of the list would bea button to add a new subtask. If no existing subtasks then just the button for add
    there should be an option for "expand all subtasks"

anyway, just a thought. Good luck!
  14.    #494  
    Ok, version 0.3.3 uploaded

Shows subtasks indented below their parent task.

There's no support on device yet for adding subtasks - that has to be done on Toodledo. Should at least give the "subtask" guys enough that I can focus on saved searches for a bit...
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    toggle subtasks option in preferences.
    when subtasks are on there will be a new icon (like the i in the calendar entries).
    I have another idea:

Is it possible (through the API) to detect, if one has a Toodledo or a Toodledo Pro account?
    If so, subtasks could automatically be activated when they also can be synched.

Just my 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Ok, version 0.3.3 uploaded

Shows subtasks indented below their parent task.

There's no support on device yet for adding subtasks - that has to be done on Toodledo. Should at least give the "subtask" guys enough that I can focus on saved searches for a bit...
    Haeffb - nice job on the subtasks. The ones I have set up in Toodledo look great in Done!. So far so good! Thanks for adding this feature.
    I've recently purchased Done! from the App Catalog and love the notifications. I'm confused about how to "check off" a task. When I touch the right side of the notification it brings up the task details but in order to check that it has been completed I need to swipe back and then it takes me to whatever list/folder I had opened last and I have to go "find" the task often in a different folder. Is it possible to have a checkmark box on the detail screen for the task so we don't have to go hunt for it to mark it "done" or am I doing something wrong? Thank you.
    Hi Haeffb,

thanks for implementing the subtask feature. Maybe you add an option for the subtasks to outline the subtask of a given task (like these little "+" signs in other programs)?

Is there any chance that you will integrate the Toodledo notebook feature into Done!? Would be a great feature to look forward to...

Keep up the great work!
    I have the beta and the app catalog versions installed. Here's my question: I don't really want background syncing if both apps are closed, but I'm still seeing dashboard notifications about syncing. What is the preference that controls this? I have the box for "sync after closing" unchecked in both apps.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I second the request for the Toodledo notebook feature. Or a 2nd app outside of Done! that syncs with it. Thanks!