Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 987
Like Tree2Likes
  1. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #461  
    I vote for subtask support first.
  2. #462  
    Just upgraded to the app catalog's 0.3.0 version...

    I'd vote for subtask support before saved searches! I don't have toodledo pro yet, but I'd definitely do it if Done supported it. What would happen if I had subtasks now in Toodledo? Would they just not appear in Done?

    Also, one thing I've noticed in 0.3.0 that I just confirmed was also there in the 2.17 beta is that, when I have Contexts > All Tasks selected, my "Waiting For..." context is at the top, above "02 Phone Calls/Texts" today, for example.

    I thought they would show up in the order of my alphabetized contexts as seen in Toodledo and in Done's preferences.

    Is this the way it should be? Sure would be nice if "Waiting For..." would put at the end of the list rather than the top.
  3. #463  
    My vote is for saved searches. It's the #1 feature I would like and I'm not a pro user so I can't use subtasks anyway.
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I find this a bit confusing: I've started to use the beta version and like it, but the app catalog version is a lower version number. I imagine I should purchase the app now while there's a 50% off sale, but then which version should I actually use now? What happens in the future?? Will there always be a beta version, or will it expire?

    The beta version does not expire.

    You may use whichever version you like; however, the beta version is where new features are tested. There are (often) bugs in the beta versions. The app catalog version is intended to be a more stable release.

    The beta version is free - but there is some expectation that beta users will report & help troubleshoot any bugs they find.
  5. #465  
    I'm still new to Toodledo (and Done!), so I don't have a lot of elaborate stuff in there right now; I don't even know if Toodledo supports anything really elaborate.

    I do have a note for a task in there for which I tried to format it with returns, eg:

    * <an address>
    * <a phone number>
    * <a URL>
    * a text note.
    It showed up in Done! all joined onto one line:
    * <an address> * <a phone number> * <a URL> * a text note.
    This gives rise to a few feature requests:
    1. Please retain the formatting, at least of line returns, for Notes.
    2. Please allow WebOS to recognize important things like phone numbers, email addresses, URLs, physical addresses so that they can be clicked on to open the relevant other WebOS apps.
    3. Can you add the ability to edit Notes?
  6.    #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Just upgraded to the app catalog's 0.3.0 version...

    I'd vote for subtask support before saved searches! I don't have toodledo pro yet, but I'd definitely do it if Done supported it. What would happen if I had subtasks now in Toodledo? Would they just not appear in Done?
    They show up as regular tasks.

    Also, one thing I've noticed in 0.3.0 that I just confirmed was also there in the 2.17 beta is that, when I have Contexts > All Tasks selected, my "Waiting For..." context is at the top, above "02 Phone Calls/Texts" today, for example.

    I thought they would show up in the order of my alphabetized contexts as seen in Toodledo and in Done's preferences.

    Looks like they're currently in reverse alpha order. I'll take a look and see if I can fix that...
  7. #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Just upgraded to the app catalog's 0.3.0 version...

    I'd vote for subtask support before saved searches! I don't have toodledo pro yet, but I'd definitely do it if Done supported it.
    Same here and +1....
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post

    This gives rise to a few feature requests:
    1. Please retain the formatting, at least of line returns, for Notes.
    2. Please allow WebOS to recognize important things like phone numbers, email addresses, URLs, physical addresses so that they can be clicked on to open the relevant other WebOS apps.
    3. Can you add the ability to edit Notes?

    Formatting of line returns for notes is retained, they just don't show up when you expand the note in the task list. That will be fixed in the next version.

    You can edit notes in the tasks edit screen.

    Recognizing phone numbers & emails is "on the list" for a future update.
  9. #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Formatting of line returns for notes is retained, they just don't show up when you expand the note in the task list. That will be fixed in the next version.

    You can edit notes in the tasks edit screen.

    Recognizing phone numbers & emails is "on the list" for a future update.
    Thanks for all the info! I'd forgotten to check the tasks edit screen.

    Thanks again for an exciting app with great potential.
  10.    #470  
    Version 0.3.1 uploaded.

    Fixes the line breaks in notes on the task list.
    Adds tappable links for email, phone & url in notes on the task list.
  11. #471  
    Saved searches please, please, please!

    I paid for both toodler and Done! However neither work for me and I am entirely with out a useful task tool on the pre. I have a very customized way of viewing my tasks that I have been using for over 12 years now and would not like to change. DateBk6 handled it with saved views, but I was very disappointed that the pre had nothing like that. I almost left webOS because of it but then toodler came along and quickly gave us great saved searches, but it is very buggy and does not sync well at all and the developer has been AWOL for almost a month now.

    I bought Done! as well but the lack of saved views prevents me from using it.

    For now, I just use the web interface on my laptop, but would prefer to see it on the pre. When you decide to do saved views, I will be a very active beta tester.

    Please do saved views.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  12. #472  
    Just noticed...

    ...for most applications, tapping the application icon area of the notification in the dashboard brings the app into the foreground if it's already running, or starts it as the foreground app if it's not already running.

    For Done!, when there's more than one task stacked in the notification, tapping on the application icon cycles through the tasks so that each one shows in the notification in turn. That's really cool...but the UI inconsistency is kind of a bummer...Maybe you could consider taking some of the real estate on the right, and allow cycling through the tasks via a control over there? And it'd be great to be able to check off a task from the notification, too...

    ...sure, that's a lot to cram into a smallish space...Maybe there's enough functionality that could sensibly be squeezed into the dashboard area to use one of the big, extra-tall dashboard scenes like Pandora (I think it is)?

    Just thinking out loud.

    Thanks!
  13. #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Version 0.3.1 uploaded.

    Fixes the line breaks in notes on the task list.
    Adds tappable links for email, phone & url in notes on the task list.
    What's the normal time between your uploading it to Palm and it showing up as an update in our Updates app?

    Thanks!
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    What's the normal time between your uploading it to Palm and it showing up as an update in our Updates app?

    Thanks!
    This is a beta version - not uploaded to Palm, uploaded to Precentral. Available in Preware.
  15. #475  
    I vote for subtasks. They would benefit everyone; not just Toodledo users (not sure why they'd only benefit Toodledo users...).
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Regarding subtasks - any thoughts on how that should work?
    They should work exactly like Toodler's subtasks; keep them in-line but indented with the other tasks.

    My subtasks are essential and if I have multiple items with subtasks, clicking through menus to get to them takes far too much time.
  16. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I vote for subtasks. They would benefit everyone; not just Toodledo users (not sure why they'd only benefit Toodledo users...)
    Why they'd only benefit Toodledo users? Because, I'm assuming no one is using Done! standalone. Are they? And you can't connect Done! to RememberTheMilk or other service.

    What users are there that aren't Toodledo users?
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Why they'd only benefit Toodledo users? Because, I'm assuming no one is using Done! standalone. Are they? And you can't connect Done! to RememberTheMilk or other service.

    What users are there that aren't Toodledo users?
    I think you're mis-understanding my comment.

    haeffb stated that sub-tasks would only benefit Toodledo users where as saved searches could benefit everyone using Done!. I didn't understand why sub-tasks couldn't benefit users not using Toodledo but saved searches could. It would seem to me that both should be usable with or without Toodledo.
  18. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I think you're mis-understanding my comment.

    haeffb stated that sub-tasks would only benefit Toodledo users where as saved searches could benefit everyone using Done!. I didn't understand why sub-tasks couldn't benefit users not using Toodledo but saved searches could. It would seem to me that both should be usable with or without Toodledo.
    No, he said subtasks only benefits Toodledo PRO (emphasis mine) users. Free Toodledo users cannot use subtasks.

    While Done! could be used without syncing to Toodledo, I don't think it's really meant for that.
  19. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #479  
    To clarify squeff's point, Toodledo Pro is a paid service while Toodledo is free. Toodledo Pro allows sub-tasks while Toodledo does not. So sub-tasks would only benefit people who pay for Toodledo Pro, which is probably a small percentage of Done! users.
  20. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    0.3.0 is roughly equivalent to 0.2.17. Better German translation, as I recall.

    I will submit an 0.3.1 homebrew version soon.
    Hi haeffb

    Thanks for the explanation, the better German translation and.....

    ....thanks for 0.3.1.

    The new look (with the new note icons) is great.

    Thanks a lot.

Posting Permissions