Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 987
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Dammit, man! Do you want me to buy Toodler? lol. The 50% off sale ends soon!
    At 50% off, you should buy both. Two for the price of one, as it were. The best of both worlds.
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    At 50% off, you should buy both. Two for the price of one, as it were. The best of both worlds.
    Nope, sorry, I'm cheap .
  3. dj200's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Oh, one more question! Can Done! now, or in the future, place calendar items to show when my tasks are do and use the calendar's built-in reminder?
    This is something I have been hoping for but I have found a workaround. You can create a Google Calendar via your Toodledo account which will then sync to the Pre. Tasks with due dates/times will then show up as an event on your Pre.

    I haven't figured out how to use the calendar's built-in reminder but for me at least the notifications within Done! make this unnecessary anyway.

    Only slight problem is that if you create a task with a due date but no due time it will show up as an All Day Event on the Pre so can be confusing when looking at the month view. Oh and Toodledo and Google Calendar only sync once a day so it can take up to 24 hours for a task to show on your Pre.


    Other than this, it works pretty well
  4. #444  
    Hi,

    I just purchased Done! for my Sprint Pre a few days ago (version 0.2.4), and I've noticed a few things about which I have questions. Some of those are feature requests...

    1. If Done is not the foregrounded app, and I click on the notification, it does not bring Done to the foreground. Is that a bug?

    2. Does Done! put up a notification icon if there's a due date but no due time? When does it do that? (never mind...I just skimmed through a bunch of pages and came across something that mentioned that yes, it does do a notification icon for just due dates, and the beta gives the ability to set when they come up...)

    3. I started off with one real task and have tried a number of test tasks in Done. I noticed and tested that, if I have a due time set, Done puts up a notification at the time the task is due. That's great...BUT, what it doesn't seem to do is play a sound at the due time. Can that be added, please? It'd be great if there's a due time set, an alarm (both sound and visual notification) would be set to go off at that time. When the alarm "goes away", it could just be the same notification icon as the notification for Done!, but maybe it should stack with any other Done! task notifications, with the most recently passed due time on top. Perhaps this could be done simplest by adding anything with a Due Time to the Pre's Calendar app. As a personal preference, I'd rather that items with just a due date do not go into the Calendar app as an all-day event. Tasks with Due Dates but no due time should show up as a just a notification from the Done app; I wouldn't need those tasks in my Calendar at all.

    4. I'd like to cast another vote for having the due date picker be a calendar picker...that might be the best solution, actually...
    - Your To Do list at Toodledo :: Public Done Folder for tigercountrysoftware shows the Calendar style date picker to be done...How do I enable it? Is it set to be used for the "Due Date" selector?
    - If the calendar picker doesn't work out, as a wish list item, could you consider adding a "Day after tomorrow" or "In two days" option to the due date select box? I find I use that option a lot, and it'd save a fair amount of tapping if I could just do that.

    The App Catalog one is version 0.2.4, and the one I just grabbed from Preware (after skimming around in this thread) is v0.2.17. Is the beta really 13 versions/steps beyond the App Catalog one? Wow... :-)

    Thanks for what feels so far like a great app! I really value the offline access to my tasks.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 06/21/2010 at 07:27 PM.
  5. #445  
    Reporting in on 0.2.17...

    1. Yay! I found and set the Use Sound section for Notifications in the Preferences. On prettification, the text label for that control doesn't align properly.
    2. I tapped on the specific task part of the notification (the one with the due time alarm), not the Done app icon part of the notification while Done was not in the foreground app. The notification did not go away, nor did it bring Done to the the foreground. When I did go to the app, tapping on the notification seems to have taken the app to the specific task's detail scene. I'll check whether tapping on the app icon part of the notification does anything, and then update. UPDATE: Tapping the app icon part of the notification dismisses the notification, does *not* take me to Done (i.e., bring it to the foreground--I had it running in a card in the background), and does not bring me to that specific task's detail scene. Also, after another test, I've confirmed that, for my Sprint Pre, tapping the task-specific part of the notification dashboard scene 1) does not dismiss the notification, 2) does not bring Done to the foreground (while I've got it running as a background card), 3) *does* switch the scene in Done from the main scene (list of tasks) to the that particular task's detail scene. Then while that notification was still in my notification bar ("smallified"), I closed the app, then tapped the notification bar, where the task's notification was still there, tapped the task-specific part of the notification, and it opened the app for me (foregrounded) and brought the app to that task's scene. Repeating that last test, but tapping on the notication's app icon area did nothing.
    3. I like that I can configure which fields will show up in Task detail scenes, but I'm not sure that button should be in each task's detail scene. Is this configuration meant to carry across to other tasks, or is this a task by task configuration? For configuration of Task scenes in general, I'd like to suggest that this should be a sub-scene in the app's Preferences scene, or at least a subsection of it. Also, were we supposed to be able to change the order of the fields for our tasks while in that configuration scene? I tried tap-hold to hopefully then drag-and-drop to re-order things, but that didn't seem to work.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 06/21/2010 at 07:26 PM.
  6. #446  
    A bug report...

    I have a task with notes for it, and I'm seeing that note repeated at the bottom of the my task list, with the notes in white text floating above that repeated task and going up into the one above it.

    This is not the first task for which I've had notes, but it's the first time I've seen this behavior.

    It doesn't matter whether I sort by Contexts > All Tasks, or All Tasks > All Tasks. The duplicate and the floating white text are still there.

    Might have been triggered when I renamed some other task from "F 7/1 holiday?! Check!" to "F7/2 holiday?! --> Yes"

    I can't take a screenshot. When I push Orange-Sym, the task list scrolls to the top, and the problems are at the bottom (i.e., off-screen).

    I've tried exiting and reopening.

    I then exited, went to Toodledo via web and edited the name of that task to "F 7/2 holiday?!...Yes", then synced it, but that seemed to generate more copies of the other task and that F 7/2 task at the bottom of the list.

    I just renamed it back to "F 7/2 holiday?! --> Yes" via Toodledo's website, and the problem came back. Maybe the --> closes some HTML comment tag there?

    I then tried marking it complete in Done and then syncing it... That seems to have removed all the problematic duplicated tasks and floating white text. At no point did extra tasks appear on the Toodledo website.
  7. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    A bug report...
    I just renamed it back to "F 7/2 holiday?! --> Yes" via Toodledo's website, and the problem came back. Maybe the --> closes some HTML comment tag there?

    I then tried marking it complete in Done and then syncing it... That seems to have removed all the problematic duplicated tasks and floating white text. At no point did extra tasks appear on the Toodledo website.
    Uuuuhhh.....

    Thanks Shadowhawk for bringing this up.
    Very often I use some special "arrows" and marks as well.

    I will now be very carefull when using such.

    Thanks from Switzerland,
    Rolf
  8. #448  
    I installed the 0.2.17 beta and now am no longer able to complete a sync. Items actually transfer to the web, but the sync stops at "Deleted tasks from device: 1" and keeps spinning.

    I've already bought the paid version and will switch to it but thought you should know.
  9. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #449  
    Dear Haeffb,

    I've been keeping an eye on the betas of both Done! and Toodler, waiting for one of them to do everything that I need for everyday use :-)

    At present I'd say that for me, Done! is ahead in appearance, UI and sync, while Toodler is better with sorting and filtering.

    In particular, the deal-breaker with Done for me at present is that there is no way to set a secondary sort. For instance, I can sort and/or filter by context, but then there is no way to control the order in which tasks appear within that context. Personally I would like to sort on context, then priority, then due date, but I'm sure other people would need different things.

    In an ideal world (and this is just a nice-to-have), it would be great to sort by the same "importance" value that the Toodledo web site has, which is a sort of meta-priority that is calculated from the priority and due date.

    It would also be good to be able to configure the frequency of auto-sync - the feature is great, because it means that if I open Done when I'm out of coverage it is likely to be up to date, but I find that every hour is a bit much.

    Many thanks for considering this wishlist :-)
    Simon.
  10. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #450  
    Hi,
    I just upgraded to the new version 0.3.0 in the app catalog (from 0.2.3 in the app catalog) on my Sprint Pre. However, syncing is not working anymore. Anytime a sync is started it hangs at "Deleted tasks from device :1" and the spinner in the background runs endlessly. Any ideas what I can do?

    Thanks.
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Hi,
    I just upgraded to the new version 0.3.0 in the app catalog (from 0.2.3 in the app catalog) on my Sprint Pre. However, syncing is not working anymore. Anytime a sync is started it hangs at "Deleted tasks from device :1" and the spinner in the background runs endlessly. Any ideas what I can do?

    Thanks.
    Try logging into your Toodledo account again: Go to Preferences/Account Settings and tap the "Login to Toodledo" button, then the "Delete & Update" button. Make sure you've synced everything before you do this - it will delete all Done data from the device.

    After you've done this, try syncing again and let me know if it works correctly or not.
  12. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Try logging into your Toodledo account again: Go to Preferences/Account Settings and tap the "Login to Toodledo" button, then the "Delete & Update" button. Make sure you've synced everything before you do this - it will delete all Done data from the device.

    After you've done this, try syncing again and let me know if it works correctly or not.
    I "solved" the problem by removing Done! and then installing it again. The sync went through just fine. I reckon this is effectively the same as login in again as you have suggested.

    Btw, thanks for all the new features. I hope you add support of subtasks soon.
  13. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Hi,
    I just upgraded to the new version 0.3.0 in the app catalog (from 0.2.3 in the app catalog) on my Sprint Pre. However, syncing is not working anymore. Anytime a sync is started it hangs at "Deleted tasks from device :1" and the spinner in the background runs endlessly. Any ideas what I can do?

    Thanks.
    Where did you find version 0.3.0 ???

    I can only see

    a) v 0.2.4 in the PreCentral official App Catalog and

    b) v 0.2.17 in the PreCentral Homebrew Apps.

    Do I miss something?

    Thanks for any feedback?

    Edit: Ok. I found 0.3.0 with Preware.
    So how is that correlating to the Homebrew Beta Version?
    Is that about equivalent to 0.2.17?
    Or does that include new / other features? (Not yet in Beta?)

    BTW: Since we still haven't got access to paid apps from Switzerland, the offical App Catalog version does presently not do me any good anyhow.
    Last edited by rgloor; 06/23/2010 at 12:02 PM.
  14. #454  
    0.2.17 is working great.

    Love all the features.

    However, can I +1 for making the views only show what they say?

    For example I want TODAY to only show... TODAY's tasks. Not Today's and Overdue.

    Likewise I want Tomorrow's tasks to only show Tomorrow's tasks. Not Tomorrow's, Today's, and Overdue.

    At the very least it would be nice to have Today's tasks at the top and Overdue on the bottom, and so forth with the Tomorrow view.


    But I just don't see the reason for having anything other than what the actual view should show. That's how Toodledo itself works.


    Am I alone in this thinking?


    Thanks again for the great work.
  15. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by daveway View Post
    0.2.17 is working great.

    Love all the features.

    However, can I +1 for making the views only show what they say?

    For example I want TODAY to only show... TODAY's tasks. Not Today's and Overdue.

    Likewise I want Tomorrow's tasks to only show Tomorrow's tasks. Not Tomorrow's, Today's, and Overdue.

    At the very least it would be nice to have Today's tasks at the top and Overdue on the bottom, and so forth with the Tomorrow view.


    But I just don't see the reason for having anything other than what the actual view should show. That's how Toodledo itself works.


    Am I alone in this thinking?


    Thanks again for the great work.
    This should be a choice, since I LOVE the way it works now. When I first realized that it worked this way, I actually got a happy feeling since I was fearing that it would show me ONLY the single day.

    I want to see overdue, then today, then tomorrow. This is the way it works now and it works well for me. Why? Because I want to see what's overdue right there at the top of the list, then what's due today.

    This is how I have Toodledo working, as well, on my hotlist. I can't use Hotlist in Done! because it doesn't sort by date, like I have in Toodledo.

    Of course, once we can have saved views, I guess this become moot because everyone can build the query to what they personally want.
  16.    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    So how is that correlating to the Homebrew Beta Version?
    Is that about equivalent to 0.2.17?
    Or does that include new / other features? (Not yet in Beta?)
    0.3.0 is roughly equivalent to 0.2.17. Better German translation, as I recall.

    I will submit an 0.3.1 homebrew version soon.
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This should be a choice, since I LOVE the way it works now. When I first realized that it worked this way, I actually got a happy feeling since I was fearing that it would show me ONLY the single day.

    I want to see overdue, then today, then tomorrow. This is the way it works now and it works well for me. Why? Because I want to see what's overdue right there at the top of the list, then what's due today.

    This is how I have Toodledo working, as well, on my hotlist. I can't use Hotlist in Done! because it doesn't sort by date, like I have in Toodledo.

    Of course, once we can have saved views, I guess this become moot because everyone can build the query to what they personally want.
    I have a feeling that users will be split 50/50 on this issue.

    Saved searches will make everyone happy. "Back to the ol' drawing board..."
  18.    #458  
    Need some feedback on what's next: Saved searches or subtask support? I'm leaning toward saved searches because subtasks only benefit Toodledo Pro users, but will take whatever feedback you all want to offer.

    Regarding subtasks - any thoughts on how that should work?
  19. #459  
    I find this a bit confusing: I've started to use the beta version and like it, but the app catalog version is a lower version number. I imagine I should purchase the app now while there's a 50% off sale, but then which version should I actually use now? What happens in the future?? Will there always be a beta version, or will it expire?
  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Need some feedback on what's next: Saved searches or subtask support? I'm leaning toward saved searches because subtasks only benefit Toodledo Pro users, but will take whatever feedback you all want to offer.

    Regarding subtasks - any thoughts on how that should work?

    That's a tough choice, I want both.

    I guess I vote for Saved Searches/Views first.
    That would alleviate most of the "I want to see it this way" discussion.

    ---------
    As for subtasks - I'm fine with the way Slim does it. You go into a task and if it's a subtask then you can click to go to the parent task. If it's a parent task, then you can click to go to a list of all subtasks.

Posting Permissions