Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Here are just a few:

* As you said, being able to sync to a cloud-based app.

* The built in app doesn't do repeating events. This does.

* The built in app doesn't let you sort and filter. This does.

* The built in app doesn't have start date/time. This does.

* The built in app doesn't have status or context or goals. This does.

* The built in app doesn't have folders (although it allows for multiple lists). This does.

* The built in app doesn't have due time, just due date. This supports both.

* The built in app doesn't have task-by-task reminder flag. This does.

Just a few. The built-in app really does very little. For some, who only want to keep a simple list of a handful of tasks, the built-in app might do fine. But if you really want to manage tasks in various parts of your life or use a methodology like GTD, you'll need something more.
    Agreed. The big one for me though is sharing a task list with my wife. We share a toodledo account on both of our Pres.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Cool.. Thanks guys..
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    The only advantage of the built-in task list over Done! is that I can drag & drop items in the order I want to see them on the list. I'd love it if Done! had that option as well. But Done! has loads of advantages over the built-in task list and is well worth the price! Looking forward to the latest beta versions to hit the app catalog--especially adding folders & contexts!
  4.    #424  
    Version 0.2.15 fixes the "have to sync after adding folders before assigning them to tasks" bug.
    The app is looking good. It looks like you have a lot of the foundational work done. Would you please consider moving saved searches (i.e., saved views, saved filters) up the list of features to add? It is really the only feature I must have (after the basics like syncing well, etc.) and none of the todo tools on webOS have it working well (toodler has a great implementation of saved filters, but the syncing does not work well, so it has no value for me).

I checked the public todo list and saved views are not on that list. Does that mean they are done and I can't find them or they are not a priority? Specifically what I am looking for is a way to configure what is seen on a given screen (included folders, date range, sort type, sort order, priority, contexts, goals, status, tags, etc.) and then save that configuration as a view. Then make that view available in the drop down lists. That was a killer feature on DateBk6, the gold standard for advanced task management on PalmOS, and Toodledo gets pretty close to that with saved searches. It really provides the most flexibility possible.

Thanks.
    Last edited by japomani; 06/20/2010 at 08:58 AM.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    for some reason, i have no contexts in Done! but obviously have them in my Toodledo account. any suggestions on getting them from Toddledo to Done!?

ETA - i'm using 0.2.15
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by gthomas5 View Post
    for some reason, i have no contexts in Done! but obviously have them in my Toodledo account. any suggestions on getting them from Toddledo to Done!?

ETA - i'm using 0.2.15
    Go to Prefs/Account settings and Login to Toodledo again. That'll delete your data and then you can re-sync. If that doesn't solve the problem, let me know - that will mean there's an issue with the contexts sync that I need to work on...
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Go to Prefs/Account settings and Login to Toodledo again. That'll delete your data and then you can re-sync. If that doesn't solve the problem, let me know - that will mean there's an issue with the contexts sync that I need to work on...
    hot diggity! thank you very much! i was about to pull my hair out, and i don't have much left to spare.
  9.    #429  
    Version 0.2.17 adds prefs to display notes & priority icons on task list. Tap the note icon to expand & display the note. Needs some prettification, but you should get the gist.

Also adds the ability to set the time for the "daily" notification and enable sound alerts on notifications. And, yes, I know the label for the daily time isn't displaying correctly...
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Version 0.2.17 adds prefs to display notes & priority icons on task list. Tap the note icon to expand & display the note. Needs some prettification, but you should get the gist.
    Thanks haeffb

A great app is getting even better and better.

I really like this note icons.
    Just a small side note: Could you change the color. It is a very strong contrast color and gets a little too much attention. (Read: distracts from main content.)
    Try white or a very, very light / pastel shade of blue (or another color).

Thanks again for this great app.
  11.    #431  
    Yep, that's what I meant by "prettification". That, and modifying the note colors to make them more readable.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Question on notifications: As best I can tell, the notifications that show up on the Pre for upcoming events happen on a daily/nightly basis. That is, once a day I get a notification that I have todos due on that day.

If I'm correct about that, then my wish list item would be to have a notification/reminder show up at the due time for events that have one.

Is that possible? Thanks!
    When will subtasks be available? Also, is there a way to let me know the syncing status without it covering over half the screen?

I almost bought Toodler multiples times but it has some really big bugs that make me hesitant. Done! seems to work better but not providing subtasks is a really huge issue to me.
  14.    #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post
    Question on notifications: As best I can tell, the notifications that show up on the Pre for upcoming events happen on a daily/nightly basis. That is, once a day I get a notification that I have todos due on that day.

If I'm correct about that, then my wish list item would be to have a notification/reminder show up at the due time for events that have one.

Is that possible? Thanks!
    You get a daily notification for tasks with a due date of today AND a notification a the due time for task with a due time (or start time).
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    You get a daily notification for tasks with a due date of today AND a notification a the due time for task with a due time (or start time).
    Exactly what I wanted. Now I just have to figure out how to make that work ;-)

Thanks.
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    When will subtasks be available? Also, is there a way to let me know the syncing status without it covering over half the screen?

I almost bought Toodler multiples times but it has some really big bugs that make me hesitant. Done! seems to work better but not providing subtasks is a really huge issue to me.
    Subtasks is coming, but I don't comment on when new features will be available. I don't want to set expectations that I can't meet.

Why do you not like the syncing status covering half the screen? It goes away with a tap.
    Oh, one more question! Can Done! now, or in the future, place calendar items to show when my tasks are do and use the calendar's built-in reminder?
    Subtasks is coming, but I don't comment on when new features will be available. I don't want to set expectations that I can't meet.
    That's something I desperately need. I understand not wanting to set expectations but could you give me a very rough ballpark? Q4 2010? Q1 2011?

I hope you implement subtasks like Toodler's though; in-line with the rest of the tasks rather than going through sub-menus.
    Why do you not like the syncing status covering half the screen? It goes away with a tap.
    Oh! Every-time I tap it it doesn't do anything but sit there so I have to wait until it's over (which is why I've been frustrated). I've been using the beta version. My screen seems to work fine in other applications so I dunno why...
    Oh! Every-time I tap it it doesn't do anything but sit there so I have to wait until it's over (which is why I've been frustrated). I've been using the beta version. My screen seems to work fine in other applications so I dunno why...
    I deleted and reinstalled the latest beta and now it works. Very odd but it's all good now!
  19.    #439  
    Oh, one more question! Can Done! now, or in the future, place calendar items to show when my tasks are do and use the calendar's built-in reminder?
    Done cannot now place tasks in the Calendar. It's possible, though, and is a feature I've considered adding in the future. Very low priority at the moment.

Subtasks is a much higher priority, but I won't say anything beyond that. Sorry
    Subtasks is a much higher priority, but I won't say anything beyond that. Sorry
    Dammit, man! Do you want me to buy Toodler? lol. The 50% off sale ends soon!