Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 987
Like Tree2Likes
  1. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #381  
    haeffb

    I just got my Palm Pre Plus (1 day before my birthday! Hurra)

    Just immediately after setting it up, I tried to download Done!.

    However, I can't locate it in the apps catalog!
    Have you set it up for international downloads?

    I also tried via the web browser and the precentral app site.
    When clicking on the webOS link, it started the App Catalog on my Pre but then said, that the app is not available in my country.

    Could you do anything to set it up for us here in Europe as well?

    (I am talking about the paid app from the official app catalog.)

    Thanks and greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf

    PS: Is there anybody from Germany or Switzerland, who managed to download "Done!" from the paid apps?
    Thanks for your Help.
    Last edited by rgloor; 06/04/2010 at 10:21 AM.
  2. #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    It's possible. But it currently only displays for a couple of seconds, right?
    The length of time isn't annoying, it's that it turns the screen on making me think I got a message or something. The other relatedissue is it seems my notifications popup everytime it syncs. Other than that the sync and notification systems are in pretty good shape.
  3. #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    PS: Is there anybody from Germany or Switzerland, who managed to download "Done!" from the paid apps?
    Thanks for your Help.
    Downloading from app catalog worked fine for me = germany
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by byrdley20 View Post
    Yes, but it wakes up the phone. So when I have it sitting on my desk at work, it causes me to pick it up every time to see what the notification is. Doing this every 30 minutes gets kind of old. Not a deal-breaker by any means, but it would be nice to have the option to turn it off. I'd rather it just sync in the background seamlessly.
    Ok, I understand the concern.

    However, there's an issue with webOS - it terminates apps that don't have a window (card or dashboard) after some predefined number of seconds. If the sync process takes longer than that, webOS will kill it and the sync will fail. In order to avoid that happening, I'm using the dashboard stage, which closes itself after the sync completes.

    I have a couple of options here: 1) don't create the dashboard and hope the sync process finishes in time, or 2) don't have the sync process "wakeup" the device when it's sleeping.

    In 2), you won't get a sync every 30 minutes unless the phone happens to be awake at that interval. Otherwise, the sync will happen when you turn the phone back on. While that might be preferred from a "not annoying me" standpoint, it might annoy you even more to have Done! syncing every time you turn the phone back on after 30 minutes.

    I'll work on how to best solve this dilemma. In the meantime, just think of it as Done! telling you to take a break from work...
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Confirmed bug for monthly repeats. Fixed in 0.2.1 beta and 0.2.2 will be submitted to app catalog.
    Thanks!
  6. #386  
    haeffb, is there a way to specify the "notify me by sms" option in Done! that i'm not seeing? my typical workflow has me creating tasks from the pre, not the website, and by default there doesn't seem to be a way to specify that i want to be notifed prior to the due time on a task. thx.
  7. #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Ok, I understand the concern.

    However, there's an issue with webOS - it terminates apps that don't have a window (card or dashboard) after some predefined number of seconds. If the sync process takes longer than that, webOS will kill it and the sync will fail. In order to avoid that happening, I'm using the dashboard stage, which closes itself after the sync completes.

    I have a couple of options here: 1) don't create the dashboard and hope the sync process finishes in time, or 2) don't have the sync process "wakeup" the device when it's sleeping.

    In 2), you won't get a sync every 30 minutes unless the phone happens to be awake at that interval. Otherwise, the sync will happen when you turn the phone back on. While that might be preferred from a "not annoying me" standpoint, it might annoy you even more to have Done! syncing every time you turn the phone back on after 30 minutes.

    I'll work on how to best solve this dilemma. In the meantime, just think of it as Done! telling you to take a break from work...
    If you went with #2, would Done! just sync once when you turn your phone on after every 30 minutes? Or would it sync every time? And when it syncs, would it still display the notification? I'm thinking if I haven't turned on the phone in 30 minutes and it syncs the first time after I turn it on and there is no notification, then that would work fine. Do you think that's possible?
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    haeffb, is there a way to specify the "notify me by sms" option in Done! that i'm not seeing? my typical workflow has me creating tasks from the pre, not the website, and by default there doesn't seem to be a way to specify that i want to be notifed prior to the due time on a task. thx.
    Not yet. I'll add that when I get goals and tags in the add/edit scene...
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by byrdley20 View Post
    If you went with #2, would Done! just sync once when you turn your phone on after every 30 minutes? Or would it sync every time? And when it syncs, would it still display the notification? I'm thinking if I haven't turned on the phone in 30 minutes and it syncs the first time after I turn it on and there is no notification, then that would work fine. Do you think that's possible?

    Option 2 would sync every 30 minutes if the phone was on. If the phone was not on, it would sync when you turn the phone on and then again 30 minutes later, if the phone was on. If not, then then next time you turn the phone on...

    It would still display the notification.
  10.    #390  
    Uploading version 0.2.3

    Adds ability to duplicate a task from the add/edit scene.
    Adds folder sort by Toodledo's sort order.
  11. #391  
    I wrote to you a couple times about sharing, You were right about having to pay a fee for Toodledo Pro, so here's what I have done and what i might need to make this work.

    1. I share the same username and password with whom i want to share, (my wife). (this will only work with someone you trust to edit your tasks.

    but now my dilemma is that I need a todo list that she can not see for all those wonderful things I do for her. haha

    So what I'm looking for is ability to have 2 different accounts sync into one, kinda like syncing 2 emails or something. Easy switching from account to account would be super nice.

    Thanks
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I wrote to you a couple times about sharing, You were right about having to pay a fee for Toodledo Pro, so here's what I have done and what i might need to make this work.

    1. I share the same username and password with whom i want to share, (my wife). (this will only work with someone you trust to edit your tasks.

    but now my dilemma is that I need a todo list that she can not see for all those wonderful things I do for her. haha

    So what I'm looking for is ability to have 2 different accounts sync into one, kinda like syncing 2 emails or something. Easy switching from account to account would be super nice.

    Thanks

    You could easily do this today by installing both the beta and the app catalog version of Done. Use one for each account.
  13. #393  
    thats a good idea, i like it.

    altho in future one app would be cool.
  14. #394  
    Are there gonna be any more Preware updates or from now on they will be only availabe through the app catalog?
  15.    #395  
    beta versions will be available in Precentral homebrew, stable release versions in the app catalog.
  16. #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Option 2 would sync every 30 minutes if the phone was on. If the phone was not on, it would sync when you turn the phone on and then again 30 minutes later, if the phone was on. If not, then then next time you turn the phone on...

    It would still display the notification.
    This seems like a much better option than what we currently have. Obviously, if you are able to find a way to get rid of the notifications all together, that would be ideal. But I like this solution.
  17. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by byrdley20 View Post
    This seems like a much better option than what we currently have. Obviously, if you are able to find a way to get rid of the notifications all together, that would be ideal. But I like this solution.
    Keep in mind that if you create a task on the web, you won't get notifications on your phone until the sync occurs. Which won't be until you turn your phone. May not be a big deal, but...

    For those that don't like the phone waking, consider turning on the other 2 sync options: sync at launch/sync at exit. By doing this, every time you run Done!, it'll have an up-to-date list. And every time you exit, the web will be updated. It has the problem I described above, vis-a-vis notifications, but it other works well. Sync is pretty fast, so...
  18. #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Keep in mind that if you create a task on the web, you won't get notifications on your phone until the sync occurs. Which won't be until you turn your phone. May not be a big deal, but...

    For those that don't like the phone waking, consider turning on the other 2 sync options: sync at launch/sync at exit. By doing this, every time you run Done!, it'll have an up-to-date list. And every time you exit, the web will be updated. It has the problem I described above, vis-a-vis notifications, but it other works well. Sync is pretty fast, so...
    Yeah, I have switched over to start/exit. I definitely understand the problem with the sync timing out, and its a minor gripe anyway. But for me, it was just driving me bonkers. Hopefully the next update will provide some relief for devs on this issue.

    The only thing I am now eager for is Folder Management. I am sure its coming.
  19.    #399  
    Version 0.2.5 uploaded.

    Adds ability to add/edit/delete folders, contexts and goals on device.
    Adds tags and goals to task add/edit scene.

    Remember this is a beta version - don't use it with mission-critical data. Please test this thoroughly and let me know if you see any problems. Thanks, everyone!

    Also, I've discovered that the current app catalog version 0.2.2 has a nasty bug that prevents any task edits from being saved on the device. Version 0.2.4 has been submitted to Palm - hopefully will be available soon.
    Last edited by haeffb; 06/13/2010 at 03:45 PM.
  20. #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Version 0.2.5 uploaded.

    Adds ability to add/edit/delete folders, contexts and goals on device.
    Adds tags and goals to task add/edit scene..
    thank you thank you thank you. i'm going to be travelling sans-computer for a couple of weeks and this is the one feature i've been waiting for. luckily now it's available a full week before i leave. you rock!!

Posting Permissions