Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I would like to be able to tap to scroll through the notifications and see what I am being notified about or maybe a timed scroll (see Morestocks if this doesn't make sense). I would also like to be able to dismiss each individual notification. So there would be three areas to tap: open Done! And go to all due notifiactions, tap to scroll through the notifications, and tap to dismiss the notification showing. Swiping would dismiss all notifications.
    What I have currently is a dashboard like the one in the screencapture above. It will have an icon with a badge showing the number of due/overdue tasks (i.e. any notifications received since the last time it was swiped away).

If you tap on the icon, it will cycle through the due/overdue tasks, showing the title and duedate/time. If you tap on the title/duedate/time area, it will launch Done! to the edit scene for that task. It will also remove that task from the dashboard notifications. If you tap on another while the edit scene is open, it saves the old task, and opens the new. And, as you say, swiping will dismiss all notifications. Pretty slick, actually...

Just trying to work around what appears to be a webOS bug in handling multiple app launch requests at the same time.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I've used MoreStocks like Dave75 & I like your basic setup. My suggestion:
    MoreStocks has a good implementation for being able to go back and forth through a set of notifications. Slightly better than your tapping the icon to cycle through. I would suggest implementing arrows to cycle through notifications, using a tap on the icon to close out that specific notification for that specific task and and a tap on the task to bring up that task in Done!. I think a specific task should be brought up with a tap on that task. I like the idea of central (generic?) notification of 5 overdue/ 3 due that when tapped brings up your view of all those tasks. Does that make sense? Don't know if it's possible...but that would be ideal for me.

Oh yeah, and I like the your idea for implementation based on due date/time, start date/time... very slick.
    Last edited by whatfield; 05/22/2010 at 11:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    1) I've looked at adding a calendar-type date selector, and may consider adding one down the road. However, for the time being, I think that adding the day of the week to the button in the date dialogs is a decent interim solution.
    I want to BEG for something better for date selection. If not a calendar, then at least the next 7 days spelled out.

This has been the only usability issue... I have to do the math in my head (something I'm not good at), pick, see if I calculated correctly, then correct (which often happens).

Frankly, I think you can do away with "one month" and "one year." These are less useful (and easier to calculate) than having the next 7 days spelled out as weekdays. Actually, make that 6, since you already have "one week."

Beg. Beg. Beg. This affects me on a daily basis.
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I want to BEG for something better for date selection. If not a calendar, then at least the next 7 days spelled out.

Beg. Beg. Beg. This affects me on a daily basis.
    OK, I hear you...

It's back on the list, but I definitely want to get notifications worked out first.
  5.    #305  
    Version 0.1.5 uploaded.

This is the first draft of notifications. (also contains some sync changes - remember this is a BETA and things could go wrong. horribly wrong. like BP wrong...)

Notifications will be shown at midnight for any tasks due/overdue for the upcoming day. Will also be shown during the day if any due/overdue task has a duetime - notifications will be shown at that time.

Currently, any time the notifications popup, they show ALL due/overdue tasks. So, if you have:

Task 1 due today no duetime
    Task 2 due yesterday 9:00 am
    Task 3 due today 8:00 am

at midnight, Task 1 and Task 2 are shown.
    at 8:00 am, all three tasks are shown.
    at 9:00 am, all three tasks are shown.

Tapping on the dashboard icon will cycle thru tasks. Tapping on a task will launch Done! to the edit scene for that task (unless you have Help or Prefs open, in which case it doesn't) and remove that task from the dashboard.

I'm open to suggestions for improvement. I like the idea of using arrows to cycle thru tasks, but there's not a lot of space in the dashboard.

I plan to add a pref for "time of day" for daily notifications to be shown.

I'm considering whether it's work separating "daily" notifications from "duetime" notifications - i.e. when notifying of a task with a duetime, only show that task. (or tasks, if multiple are set to the same time. However, this gets complicated if you have, for instance a task due at 8am and one at 8:05am and you don't open the dashboard in between...

What else?

(Oh, and I know there are some issues with the German translation...)
    Notifications pop up but there is no text in the bubble saying what task is due and you can't click the icon to go to the app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Notifications pop up but there is no text in the bubble saying what task is due and you can't click the icon to go to the app.
    Well, that's not really useful.

I've uploaded version 0.1.7 that will hopefully act a little better...
    same issue with 0.1.7 I am restarting now. the task I made was on the Pre not sure if I get the same results from a web entry.

See get the same issue whether the task is done from the Pre or the web site.
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/23/2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Well, that's not really useful.

I've uploaded version 0.1.7 that will hopefully act a little better...
    haeffb,

You have done a great job with your application. I'm curious about a few things:

1) Are you getting cooperation from Toodledo?

2) Is there any reason why they do not mention your app on their home page? (Actually, you are there, but buried far down on a page you need to search for to find) It would be to their benefit to make more prominent mention of a Palm app.

3) Would a campaign from the PreCentral community help your efforts? for example, I'd be willing to by their 14.95 a year plan if they gave you more access, attention, greater API access - if it would help you. And I'm pretty sure a few other would be willing to do so as well.
    Just thought about something it would be great to be able to let Agenda and Done talk to each other so that tasks would be available in the agenda app.
    I uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled app and still get the same issue can't click on notification to open task.
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    haeffb,

You have done a great job with your application. I'm curious about a few things:

1) Are you getting cooperation from Toodledo?

2) Is there any reason why they do not mention your app on their home page? (Actually, you are there, but buried far down on a page you need to search for to find) It would be to their benefit to make more prominent mention of a Palm app.

3) Would a campaign from the PreCentral community help your efforts? for example, I'd be willing to by their 14.95 a year plan if they gave you more access, attention, greater API access - if it would help you. And I'm pretty sure a few other would be willing to do so as well.
    Yes, Toodledo is very cooperative with developers (especially compared to the horror stories you hear about RTM). Done! is being "treated" similarly to the other 3-rd party applications that sync with Toodledo. They have their own iPhone app, so you'd expect to see that one displayed more prominently.

You might suggest to them that mentioning webOS, Blackberry, and Android support somewhere on the main page might help to generate interest in Toodledo.

I don't think that users upgrading to Toodledo Pro would place Done! any higher on Toodledo's attention scale. However, it's actually a bargain and helps to support a very good service in its own right.

Also, if you follow this link to create an account and then upgrade that account to Pro, I'll get a free three months of Toodledo Pro ... (If you upgrade an account you already have, the deal doesn't work)

Toodledo :: A to-do list to organize your tasks

See Toodledo :: Referral Program for more details.
    Yes, Toodledo is very cooperative with developers (especially compared to the horror stories you hear about RTM). Done! is being "treated" similarly to the other 3-rd party applications that sync with Toodledo. They have their own iPhone app, so you'd expect to see that one displayed more prominently.

You might suggest to them that mentioning webOS, Blackberry, and Android support somewhere on the main page might help to generate interest in Toodledo.

I don't think that users upgrading to Toodledo Pro would place Done! any higher on Toodledo's attention scale. However, it's actually a bargain and helps to support a very good service in its own right.

Also, if you follow this link to create an account and then upgrade that account to Pro, I'll get a free three months of Toodledo Pro ... (If you upgrade an account you already have, the deal doesn't work)

Toodledo :: A to-do list to organize your tasks

See Toodledo :: Referral Program for more details.
    haeffb,

I sorry, I already tried out the service. Wish I would have known that before I did, I would have made sure to use your link. I'm saving the purchase of your app for June 6th (the somewhat official 'Buy an App Day').

Is there someway we can put your link front and center? Is it OK if I or someone start a new post with you link and a request to support you?

C
    I'm loving the notifications! Great work so far. This app is developing such potential to be amazing! Thanks so much for your hard work. I'll definitely be making a donation once notifications are mature.

I really like the way you've implemented it so far. Very clean and useful. Here are some of my suggestions.

1. I actually don't mind tapping on the icon to cycle through, but I wouldn't mind arrows either. That doesn't seem like a huge priority to me though.

2. I would love the ability to complete a task from the notification. There is a patch for email called "delete from notification" that I love. It just has a trash icon on the right of the pop up. I would imagine something similar with a check mark icon to complete the task.

3. I'm not sure I want the task to disappear from the notification tray once I view it. I think I'd only want it to disappear once I complete it.

4. Similarly, I'm not sure how you control notifications that are dismissed. I might want to dismiss them but then see them again the next day. Perhaps a setting like "Reset dismissed notifications after:" with a selection for 1 hour, 12 hours, 1 day, 2 days, or never? That would be useful.

5. The icon in the notification tray seems too small - it's much smaller tham other ones.

6. Lastly, when one notification disappears from the list, the number stays the same. So if I dismiss #2 then I cycle through 1, 3,4,5, and 6. That seems a bit confusing. Is there any way to show 2 numbers on the icon? Like 1 of 6? It seems like the idea behind the number is more of a "how many" than a "which one". Maybe there is a way to leave the total number on the icon, but show which one you're seeing some other way?

Anyway, great work and I hope my suggestions are helpful.
    Thanks for great Search.

I love that search does both the subject and the notes.

Just bought the app from the app store.
    These are some Requests
    -bigger subject field when editing
    It would be nice if this just dynamically grew like the Note field

-Sorting folders in main view
    In the top right hand corner it displays the folder that the task is in
    I would like these groupings sorted by Folder name
    At the moment it seems somewhat random

-The Due Date > Today view shows me Overdue items
    I believe the definition of TODAY is to only show stuff due Today - this is how SLIM and the main Web Interface works.
    Notification Problems, Bugs, requests

-Notifications - I love the work on this so far
    However I don't want everything I set for today to notification me
    Just because it's due Today doesn't mean I want an notification on it
    I either want to set a special notification/alert field, or else only notify me if I set the Start time or some trigger like that
    But just having Today's date is annoying to get notifications on

-Notifications
    When I set a new task for a certain time, the notifications will notify me again for everything that I already skipped through
    So any tasks that notified me that I already clicked through on the bottom all re-notify me

-Notifications
    I also want the ability to defer an alert
    either by 5, min, 10 min, or pick a new time
    This could be done from the dashboard, by tapping "snooze" or "defer" or something

Questions
    Are notifications stored locally?
    They don't sync with anything right?
    Ideas for Future Enhancements

-Remove Sections not used - like Status (similar to how SLIM does it)
    I don't really use Status, and not seeing this section removes my "now what am I looking for" thought process

-A link or button at the top to dynamically change the sort order - like in SLIM

-One feature I'd like somewhere in the future would be a button on the main screen to toggle on and off whether it searches the notes.
    Chapura's task manager does this and it works nicely.
    I use prefix codes in my tasks and sometimes I just want to search based on the subject only, I don't want random words being found in the body of the tasks and bringing up more tasks. But that's only sometimes, most of the time I want it to search both subject and body. So a toggle button somewhere easily accessible would be nice.
    But that aside, thank you so much for the search functionality, this is huge!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I just purchased Done! yesterday. What a great app. Beautiful interface. I've been using Palm's built-in Tasks app which is fine for my needs but lacks flair and has no way to backup the list. Done! has so much more potential--I don't imagine I will even use it to it's full abilities.

I like that it syncs with an online client (especially with the possibility of a tablet coming out in the future--hope you're already planning an app for that). I also love that you can search or quick add a task by just typing--excellent solution!

A couple of requests (of course)--please forgive if they are already possible and I just haven't figured them out yet:

1) sorting--I would particularly like a manual sort option (like "My Order" on the Palm Tasks) even if it's only on the device app and not save on Toodledo.

2) second option for the current view. That is, if it's set to Due Date and Today, I'd also like the option just to see items in a certain folder or for a certain context.

3) option for what fields are available in the task edit screen. For instance, I don't use Status so I don't need to see that when entering items. Just to cut down on the clutter on that screen and get right to the fields I do use.

4) add tags

5) Contact lookup (like the phone lookup on the old PalmOS) to add a name or e-mail or address to the notes. Ideally, you could then tap on that information and it would launch the correct app to take the action (phone, e-mail, maps). OR, like Appigo's Todo for iPhone, there could be option for the type of task you were setting up (call, e-mail, goto, sms) that would perform this action when you tapped on the task (or action button)

I know you're inundated with requests and suggestions so I appreciate you taking the time to read this. Done! is fantastic the way it is and I'd hate to see it get overly bloated and complicated. But it can't hurt to make suggestions!

Thanks for the great app!
    I'm quoting myself

[QUOTE=daveway;2471874]Notification Problems, Bugs, requests

-Notifications - I love the work on this so far
    However I don't want everything I set for today to notification me
    Just because it's due Today doesn't mean I want an notification on it
    I either want to set a special notification/alert field, or else only notify me if I set the Start time or some trigger like that
    But just having Today's date is annoying to get notifications on

--------------------------

In thinking about this, I would like the Due Time to be the trigger for notifications.

The reasons is two fold:
    -I sync my Outlook tasks with Toodledo and the app I use sysncs the outlook date with the Toodledo Due date.
    --So using the Toodledo Due time would keep me from having to set the Start time and the Start date when I'm already using the Due date. The Due date seems more comparable to other integrated apps (like Outlook) and so keeping notifications in the "Due" section helps simplify a little.

-Also, this would allow me to set notifications from the web interface. I could just set the Due time in the web interface, sync Done!, and my notifications are set - so to speak.

Thanks