Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Version 0.1.1 uploaded.

Fixes a really dumb syncing bug that prevented, among other things, unstarring a task from syncing to Toodledo.
    Just curious, was this also causing the sync to hang on "syncing folders" until the app was restarted?

I am going to buy the app cat version tonight and I will review the crap out of the app Although it seems to be doing pretty good on reviews already...

I told my wife you wanted to make her happy and change the folder options, she was pleased She too will be buying the app (of course, she's being stubborn and waiting for her request).

In other news, I've ramped up my usage of this app, and it is just plain amazing me. I think this app will honestly improve my quality of life!
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Just curious, was this also causing the sync to hang on "syncing folders" until the app was restarted?
    No, it should not have. Are you having a problem syncing folders?
  3.    #283  
    Version 0.1.3 uploaded.

Fixes another syncing bug when task title or note contains "#' symbol.

Adds nyquistJack's wifes feature: preference for use current folder/context for new tasks when filtering by folder or context.
    Sorry to be a pain. Absolutely love what I have seen of the application so far. Does this app do notifications I have tried a view things and can't get it to show. If not does the one in the app catalog? I think that is the last thing needed to make this app take off. Thanks.
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardpperez2 View Post
    Sorry to be a pain. Absolutely love what I have seen of the application so far. Does this app do notifications I have tried a view things and can't get it to show. If not does the one in the app catalog? I think that is the last thing needed to make this app take off. Thanks.
    Notifications are "Coming Soon".
    Version 0.1.3 uploaded.

Fixes another syncing bug when task title or note contains "#' symbol.

Adds nyquistJack's wifes feature: preference for use current folder/context for new tasks when filtering by folder or context.
    LOL, thanks. As soon as her flight lands I'll share the good news

There was one day where the initial sync on opening the app would get stuck on syncing folders...I would restart the app and all would be happy. As of yesterday when I updated, that is all gone now.

Looking forward to testing the new update!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hi haeffb

Since I still haven't got a Palm Pre (Plus) I don't know if anything has changed in comparison to some postings here or the sync preference screen shot on the app page.
    There it shows, that when a sync conflict exists, one platform has to win (Done! or Toodledo web).

What I really like is the way the original Palm Hotsync handles sync conflicts.

For most apps, the preference for conflict handling has the following 4 choices:

a) Duplicate..........(both task versions on both platforms)
    b) Desktop wins.....(here Toodledo web wins)
    c) Handheld wins....(here webOS / Done! wins)
    d) Ignore...............(both platforms keep their version)

And in the sync protocol, there were the entries, which items had conflict and where one was deleted or duplicated.

A similar conflict handling (and according sync preference) would really be great.

Just an idea to make something great even better.
    Last edited by rgloor; 05/22/2010 at 03:58 AM.
    Version 0.0.10 uploaded

Fixes bug in task search.
    It seems as if I can`t start a search by beginning a search string with a digit? My toodledo tasks start with a client id such as "12018 Monatsreporting". It would be helpfull for me being able to beginn a search with digits.
  9.    #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zens View Post
    It seems as if I can`t start a search by beginning a search string with a digit? My toodledo tasks start with a client id such as "12018 Monatsreporting". It would be helpfull for me being able to beginn a search with digits.
    I had never tried that, but it looks like if you hold down the option key, you can then enter a number.
  10.    #290  
    Ok, working on notifications this weekend & need some feedback. This is the plan so far.

1) A preference setting for enable notifications.
    2) Tasks with duedate/duetime will receive a notification at:
    - midnight if no time
    - duetime if it exists
    3) Same with startdate/starttime if no duedate/duetime
    4) A preference setting for time of day to display due/overdue tasks (midnight, 8am, etc)
    5) Overdue tasks will receive a notification at that time. (i.e. 8 tasks due/overdue!)

There will not be multiple dashboards for each task - just a single notification with the number of tasks due/overdue today or at the specified time. Tapping the dashboard will open Done! if it's not open.

I realize this leaves some limitations in the implementation (i.e. opening to the task to be able to check it off, snoozing a notification, etc.) but want to get something out there for testing purposes.

Some of the other thoughts I have:

1) If you sync and have multiple over due tasks or just have many tasks due today - you'll get notification of all of them at once...you definitely wouldn't want to have 20 notifications stacking up. Making the notification system work with multiple tasks gets complicated for this reason. One thought I had is to use a tap on the icon to clear the "topmost" task. For example, the attached screenshot shows 13 due/overdue tasks with the title for one shown. Tap on the icon & that one goes away, the count changes to 12 & the next task is shown. Tap on the task & Done opens to that particular task. Swipe the dashboard away and the notifications are all...just gone.

2) Should a dashboard tap open Done to a particular task...? It might not be shown in the List/Filter combination you are currently working in. Problem?

3) Should a dashboard tap open to the DueDate/Today List/Filter?

What other issues are out there? What other thoughts/suggestions? (working within the framework of how webOS apps (are supposed to) work)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just bought the app. Been using the beta since it was available on Preware. I really like the interface and functionality, and am looking forward to the new features that you've announced. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.
    Last edited by beans; 05/21/2010 at 09:32 PM.
    Why the two entries in App Catalog?

Done! for Toodledo and Done!

Which one should I use to rate the app?

Thanks.
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    Why the two entries in App Catalog?

Done! for Toodledo and Done!

Which one should I use to rate the app?

Thanks.
    Done!

The "for Toodledo" has been removed to avoid trademark infringement - it actually no longer exists in the Catalog.
    I had never tried that, but it looks like if you hold down the option key, you can then enter a number.
    Oh, I`m sorry! I tried it several times before and was absolutely shure I pressed the orange button. I wanted to enter "1" and always got "e". Just a second ago I tried it again and it works. Thank you!
    Something that would make the start/due date features easier to use, is if the Other... selector had the option of a calendar rather than just selecting the month and day. I often want something to be start/due on the next Monday or Wednesday and doing all the addition in my head repeatedly gets tiresome.

Also, it looks like there is space for another setting on the date popup menu. I would suggest that "Next Monday" would be a nice thing to have here.

Is there a way to delete a task from the task edit/detail scene?

Thanks for making this great app!
    Excellent app! A few suggestions to reclaim some screen real estate: I would love to be able to toggle off the due date display in the task listing, as is possible with the star. Ditto for the last sync date at the bottom and the context marker line in grey.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    2) Should a dashboard tap open Done to a particular task...? It might not be shown in the List/Filter combination you are currently working in. Problem?

3) Should a dashboard tap open to the DueDate/Today List/Filter?
    To this question, I think a tap should go to a list of due/overdue tasks, sorted by a priority chosen is preferences, either by longest due/overdue, or, by priority first, then due/overdue date/time.

While Done! is in beta, will the beta version be the most developed? If so, will hold on to it until you put all updates into the released, paid, version.

Nice app, thanks for developing it.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I would like to be able to tap to scroll through the notifications and see what I am being notified about or maybe a timed scroll (see Morestocks if this doesn't make sense). I would also like to be able to dismiss each individual notification. So there would be three areas to tap: open Done! And go to all due notifiactions, tap to scroll through the notifications, and tap to dismiss the notification showing. Swiping would dismiss all notifications.
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hoffman View Post
    Something that would make the start/due date features easier to use, is if the Other... selector had the option of a calendar rather than just selecting the month and day. I often want something to be start/due on the next Monday or Wednesday and doing all the addition in my head repeatedly gets tiresome.

Also, it looks like there is space for another setting on the date popup menu. I would suggest that "Next Monday" would be a nice thing to have here.

Is there a way to delete a task from the task edit/detail scene?

Thanks for making this great app!
    1) I've looked at adding a calendar-type date selector, and may consider adding one down the road. However, for the time being, I think that adding the day of the week to the button in the date dialogs is a decent interim solution.

2) There isn't a technical limit on the number of items in the date selector; however, in practice adding too many makes it more difficult to use. Remember, some people are using Pixi's with smaller screens...

3) Not currently. Unless you delete the task title, in which case the entire task will be deleted when you backswipe to return to the tasks list.
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    To this question, I think a tap should go to a list of due/overdue tasks, sorted by a priority chosen is preferences, either by longest due/overdue, or, by priority first, then due/overdue date/time.

While Done! is in beta, will the beta version be the most developed? If so, will hold on to it until you put all updates into the released, paid, version.

Nice app, thanks for developing it.
    Done! will "always" be in beta as new features are added/tested. I don't plan on removing availability of the beta from Precentral....