Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I have auto-sync, so I never saw the message.

However, what is notable is that I was on the subway when I check them off. Some time later, I noticed the notification that a sync was occurring, but because data service is spotty, it was on the screen for longer than usual. I put my Pre back in the pocket.

I don't know how sync works. Perhaps it's thinking that my on-subway sync finished, when it hadn't (and therefore marking them on the Pre with a "already sync'ed status)? (Just guessing here). Or does the sync do a full compare of records each time?

Make sense what I'm asking?
    The sync works by syncing things that have changed since the last sync. It does not do a full compare of every record each time.

However, it keeps track of everything that is being synced, and doesn't "finish" until they're all done. It doesn't update the "lastSync date" until everything is finished. (Or isn't supposed to...) So, if the sync fails at any point during the process, the next sync should restart at the same point that the previous sync started.

I will check through the sync process again to see that I'm not forgetting something, but what you saw "shouldn't" happen.

FYI, you can get those items to sync by changing something in them. (uncheck then recheck would do it)

So, I'll make another pass through the syncing code, but unless someone can show me what it takes to reproduce the problem...it may be difficult to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    No problem on the simple list, it really is more of just what I am used to. Easier for me to adjust than you to have to recode it

Your idea of making it a pref to "User current folder, context, goal, etc as default" sounds 150% PERFECT. That would fit exactly the way I am currently using the app.

Also, in regards to the spinny issue. I had it over 2 or 3 versions (forget for sure), I was about to sit in a corner and cry until I downloaded the latest version. Spinny issue is GONE. I am back in full Done happiness.

Thanks a ton for this app!
    I just wanted to see if picking up the current folder/context when adding a task is definitely on the road map. I am trying to get my wife to completely buy into this app, but having to choose the folder every time drives her absolutely bonkers and she refuses to use it...ugh.

Thanks. Looking forward to when we can both purchase the app.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I did the following:

On Pre (Done!):
    Add task, named "Test." Left everything else at default (incl. today as due date)
    Confirmed that "Test" appears in my today list.
    Force sync. Shows 1 "New/edited tasks on device."

On web:
    Confirm that "Test" made it. It did.

On Pre (Done!):
    Change "Test" to be due tomorrow.
    Confirm that it does move to tomorrow. It does.
    Force sync. Shows "1 new/edited task on device" and "1 new/edited on web."
    Take note that "Test" has moved back to today.

On web:
    Take note that "Test" is still today.

This shouldn't be. I do have "Local wins on conflict" to "No." However, I never changed anything on the web side, so "1 new/edited on web" is not correct.

So, I tried changing the Pre (Done!) version to completed (tap on square). Force a sync. Shows 1 new/edited on device. That's correct.

Do another sync. Shows 1 new/edited on web! But "Test" doesn't seem to come back.
  4.    #264  
    What happens is that Toodledo changes the 'last modified' timestamp on the task on the web when you sync a change from the device. So, on the next sync...it thinks that the task has changed on the web. I'll have to ponder whether there's a better way to handle this...
  5.    #265  
    Done! Version 0.1.0 released to the App Catalog this morning. Get it while it's hot!

And, if you like it, leave a glowing review. (If you don't like it, no review is necessary... )
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I just wanted to see if picking up the current folder/context when adding a task is definitely on the road map. I am trying to get my wife to completely buy into this app, but having to choose the folder every time drives her absolutely bonkers and she refuses to use it...ugh.

Thanks. Looking forward to when we can both purchase the app.
    Defintely will happen...and I'll move it up on the priority list. I don't want your wife to be unhappy!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Done! Version 0.1.0 released to the App Catalog this morning. Get it while it's hot!

And, if you like it, leave a glowing review. (If you don't like it, no review is necessary... )
    I've got it and, yes, it's hot.

As an aside, I assume the thing to do was: (1) Sync with the beta. (2) Delete the beta. (3) Install the paid version. (4) Sync.

I also assume that you're continuing to release homebrew betas (since there are still "bugs" and features you'll be adding). When this happens, I assume that I need to remove the paid version from my device to avoid accidentally sync'ing with it.
  8.    #268  
    The beta and paid version can both co-exist on the device. Just be careful about changing tasks in both between syncs.
    The beta and paid version can both co-exist on the device. Just be careful about changing tasks in both between syncs.
    What is the difference between the two versions Beta and paid? I'll get the paid because I want to support good work in the community but I hope there is some extra goodness in there ..

Also I saw in your post that it is possible to have both on my Pre, but would I want to have both?
    I'm trying to figure that out too. If I keep using the betas, will I be missing something?
  11.    #271  
    The beta version will normally be slightly more advanced than the paid version (which is intended to be more 'stable').

Essentially, when the beta reaches a point where I think it is ready. I push it to the catalog.

There is no real reason to install both. Although that would be a way to use two accounts on one device...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    The beta version will normally be slightly more advanced than the paid version (which is intended to be more 'stable').

Essentially, when the beta reaches a point where I think it is ready. I push it to the catalog.

There is no real reason to install both. Although that would be a way to use two accounts on one device...
    Right now, which should we use? The production version has a higher number, but is the latest homebrew beta have fixes that the prod version does not?

Hmmmmmmmmm..... two accounts on one device.... one account to share with wifey!
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Right now, which should we use? The production version has a higher number, but is the latest homebrew beta have fixes that the prod version does not?
    In this case, both versions are the same. In general, I would say that bug fix releases will be beta-only for very short periods. If there's a bug, it needs to be fixed in the paid version asap. Beta versions will usually be testing for new features, not bug fixes.
    This is a great app! I've been looking for offline access to Toodledo for a long time...

This is minor, but is there any way to have it remember the last-used setting for the right drop-down menu for each value of the left drop-down menu? I switch back and forth between looking at Status: Next Action and All Tasks: Hot List a lot and it's driving me a little nutty to have to change both menus each time. It's probably the feature I miss most from the online version (which remembers what folder you were last looking at when you go to folder view, etc).

Again - wonderful app!
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsyncio View Post
    This is a great app! I've been looking for offline access to Toodledo for a long time...

This is minor, but is there any way to have it remember the last-used setting for the right drop-down menu for each value of the left drop-down menu? I switch back and forth between looking at Status: Next Action and All Tasks: Hot List a lot and it's driving me a little nutty to have to change both menus each time. It's probably the feature I miss most from the online version (which remembers what folder you were last looking at when you go to folder view, etc).

Again - wonderful app!
    Great suggestion. Yes, there is a way, and I've added it to "the list."
    Congrats on getting it in the Catalog. I've recommended it to some folks that aren't homebrewing, now that it is more widely available.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    This is a great app! I am using it multiple times a day now. I have a bunch of questions and suggestions.

I am happy to purchase the app catalog version. Will that include future updates or will I have to buy it again?

I looked on the Public Done Toodledo list and it says "Repeat icon in checkbox" is planned for the future. Does that mean it will indicate when a task will repeat? That would be very useful. Now I often have to check that there is a repeat for a task before tapping the checkbox and potentially completing it forever when I am supposed to do the task periodically.

Would you consider a feature where you could easily and quickly postpone the start date for a task until tomorrow to get it out of your hair temporarily? For example, by tapping on the task when the option key is held down?

Is view by importance going to be added? The formula for it is here.

Are you still planning on allowing the task field to expand on the edit page beyond two lines just like the notes field does?
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hoffman View Post
    I am happy to purchase the app catalog version. Will that include future updates or will I have to buy it again?
    Updates to apps in the catalog are always free.

I looked on the Public Done Toodledo list and it says "Repeat icon in checkbox" is planned for the future. Does that mean it will indicate when a task will repeat?
    Exactly correct.

Would you consider a feature where you could easily and quickly postpone the start date for a task until tomorrow to get it out of your hair temporarily? For example, by tapping on the task when the option key is held down?
    I will consider it.

Is view by importance going to be added? The formula for it is here.
    I had not planned on it because I never cared for Toodledo's importance calculation, but I suppose it could be important to Toodledo users.

Are you still planning on allowing the task field to expand on the edit page beyond two lines just like the notes field does?
    Yes, that's still on the list.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  20.    #280  
    Version 0.1.1 uploaded.

Fixes a really dumb syncing bug that prevented, among other things, unstarring a task from syncing to Toodledo.