Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Really like the app so far.

I am sure that I am missing something, but... is there a way to make unchecked items move to the top of the list? I felt like this was happening before the most recent update, but I can't remember for sure.

Anyway, is there a setting that will move unchecked items to the top?

Thanks.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    haeffb the task is still duplicating on my Pre. What can I send to you to help troubleshoot?
    The task is duplicating when you mark it complete?

If you'd like you can send me your Done tasks database: in USB mode, go to/ media/internal and use Windows explorer (or equivalent) to view hidden files/folders. Find the .app-storage folder and navigate to the Done database directory (should be fairly self-explanatory). Send me the 0000...00xx.db file.
    Will do where do you want me to post it?
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by buckett View Post
    Really like the app so far.

I am sure that I am missing something, but... is there a way to make unchecked items move to the top of the list? I felt like this was happening before the most recent update, but I can't remember for sure.

Anyway, is there a setting that will move unchecked items to the top?

Thanks.
    No, there's no way to move unchecked items, but you can set "Hide Completed" in prefs so that the checked items don't show up at all.
    I have four db files in that directory I will send you the most recent.
    haeffb do you want me to post the file here?
    Ok, I don't want to be Donny Downer.. but help me. I have held back commenting.
    I love toodledo, I use it a great deal.
    The mobile web interface on the Pre is quite incredible.
    i have found adding task easiest via email.
    I have the app, what void is it currently filling? I want to learn.
    I appreciate all the time anyone puts into webos apps.
    But honestly I am blown away by the web interface.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    The web interface requires that you have a data connection. Done works just fine when you're in an area with low/no data service. To me, this is huge.

This presents an alternate interface, which some may prefer.

While not there yet, when features such as notifications are available, they will (presumably) follow the webOS model (and not rely on SMS/e-mail).

I find it faster to start this app, rather than use the web interface.

The slim web interface wasn't designed very well for the Pre's screen. Too much is too small, IMHO.
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    haeffb do you want me to post the file here?
    You can email it to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    To me, toodledo.com/slim is an average iphone mobile web page. That is it. Somewhat annoying, but mostly useful. The differences between a real WebOS App are vast.

- Offline use
    - Faster operation
    - Better use of screen - Look at editing a task on the web interface and try to type a big note.
    - Alarms/alerts and possibility of notifications. This is where the app can push far away from the web.

Just for usability alone, integrating with the Mojo WebOS interface makes it better to use than the Web. Also uses less memory that running the web interface, which is fairly limited on nun-Plus Pres.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I am using toodler right now, and the one significant advantage it has over the slim interface is that I can used saved views. Saved views are available from the main web interface but not slim. That is a big deal for me.

Also, I find navigation within the slim interface a bit unpredictable. Going back and forth between views can be a little tricky to figure out where it is going because it is not really changing screens based on the navigation, it is changing screens based on browser history.

Finally, I find the slim interface to be VERY kludge. You have to go through two screens before you even get to see a task. And two to four more screens to choose a different view. What a waste. Done and other apps put you right into tasks right away and make it easy to jump around in them.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    ... Great app! Looking forward to the "future tasks" filter. ...
    I'm on 0.0.11 and my future tasks still show up in my folders. I have "Show Future Tasks" set to "NO" in the preferences. I have a task with no due date, but a start date of May 28, 2010. Shouldn't this be hidden?

Thanks.
  13.    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    I'm on 0.0.11 and my future tasks still show up in my folders. I have "Show Future Tasks" set to "NO" in the preferences. I have a task with no due date, but a start date of May 28, 2010. Shouldn't this be hidden?

Thanks.
    No, it shouldn't. Done! uses the Toodledo settings for hiding future tasks, and the minimum value that you can choose in Toodledo is 1 month.

If you change the start date to June 28, it should be hidden.
    Hi again haeffb, thanks so much for adding the filter future tasks feature. I think you might misunderstand how it is implemented on Toodledo's web site. Toodledo's documentation indicates that it happens when the due date is more than n months in the future, or when you have a start date (after today).

I assure you that while my Account Settings for Hide Future Tasks is "More than 6 months in the future," tasks with a start date of tomorrow do not show up on the Toodledo web site when Hide Future Tasks is enabled.
    Hi haeffb,

Toodledo has a account setting to hide tasks that are not due for x number of months (based on due date), and it also has a filter to hide any task that has a future start date. Please add the filter to hide tasks with start dates in the future.

I have many repeat tasks that repeat weekly. They have start dates one week from completion. For example, mowing my lawn. When I cross off the task, I don't want it to suddenly appear again in my "to do" list. Where's the satisfaction of clearing my list? It should show up again in a week.

Thanks. Great program. Keep up the excellent work!
  16.    #256  
    Ah, Ok. I missed the start date > today thing. Fixed in the next release, which was just uploaded.

Version 0.0.12 fixes the filter for start date bug.
    Last edited by haeffb; 05/16/2010 at 07:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Ah, Ok. I missed the start date > today thing. Fixed in the next release, which was just uploaded.

Version 0.0.12 fixes the filter for start date bug.
    @haeffb

Based on the quality of DONE!, I think you should stop, calling it a 0.0.x version.
    For me, it could easily be a 0.8.x or a 0.9.x release.
    What so ever, why don't you put in one more nice feature and call it a 0.8.x release (or at very least a 0.5.x).

Just to do justice to the great app you have created.

Thanks for your great work.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    A marked a few tasks as complete on my Pre. Sync was run. They still appear as not done on the web.
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    A marked a few tasks as complete on my Pre. Sync was run. They still appear as not done on the web.
    any errors in the sync process? Did you get the 'sync finished' message?

can you reproduce the error, or is it random?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    any errors in the sync process? Did you get the 'sync finished' message?

can you reproduce the error, or is it random?
    I have auto-sync, so I never saw the message.

However, what is notable is that I was on the subway when I check them off. Some time later, I noticed the notification that a sync was occurring, but because data service is spotty, it was on the screen for longer than usual. I put my Pre back in the pocket.

I don't know how sync works. Perhaps it's thinking that my on-subway sync finished, when it hadn't (and therefore marking them on the Pre with a "already sync'ed status)? (Just guessing here). Or does the sync do a full compare of records each time?

Make sense what I'm asking?