Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    In case with expensive data plans, I try to use sync only
    a) when WiFi-Link / -Connection
    b) on manual sync start

Would be a great option: Sync when WiFi Connection (as eg selectable for webOS updates).

Thanks for your great work,
    Rolf
    I'm looking into how to handle no connection and will also consider an option for auto-sync only on wifi.
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by daveway View Post
    So some tweaks I'd like to see:
    I want the contexts and folders to be sorted.
    Done. Will be in next release.

Also, I'd like the Subject field, when editing a task, to expand like the Notes field. It's kind of a pain to somehow get it to scroll over when I have a long task name. So if the field just expanded when it's longer than I can just touch around and edit as needed.
    I've played around with this a bit & haven't solved the puzzle yet. I'll work on it, as I know the current solution isn't...uh...optimal.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I think this is the way to go. Have a screen that will be almost the same as an Add Task. At the top you have a pull down to select the special email of the person you wish to send a task to.
    What I was thinking was you actually entering the email/userid/password for the other account and being able to add a task directly to their list. Without using the email route.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    Auto-Sync should check for airplane mode & abort if detected. I have my phone set to shut down at night & turn on in the morning & noticed the screen waking up every half hour to say that it couldn't connect to the server last night.
    Good call. I'm working on it...
    I love Done. And I must say that I am impressed that you are constantly updating it and adding features. When buying apps I always look for those by developers who stay involved and continue to develop their product. Thank you!
    I have used a couple of different apps to access Toodledo on the Pre. I think I like Done! best so far, except that it doesn't seem to support Start Date yet. This is a problem in a few ways:

• I can't see or edit the Start Date field
    • I can't hide future tasks. I have hundreds of tasks so I am quickly overwhelmed by tasks that are not supposed to start for months.
    • When I complete a repeating item, the Start Date is not advanced automatically as it does on the web interface. This means that on repeating tasks, I lose the data of how close the Start Date is to the Due Date

Can this be added? Done! looks really great and I would like to make it my main interface if possible.
    +1 That would be a big leap forward and very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    What I was thinking was you actually entering the email/userid/password for the other account and being able to add a task directly to their list. Without using the email route.
    This only allows sharing IF the person you are sharing with will allow you to have their login info.

If the person only wants you give you their Add Task via Email special account, then you still need to send via email option.

Personally, my wife and I would be fine with sharing full login, but others might not. Something to think about in design.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Please also add in Notebook functionality into your Road map. This would replace Memos or Scribe for me as it allows me to move text easily between Pre and Desktop, either direction, when it really isn't appropriate to have a task mapped to it.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Please also add in Notebook functionality into your Road map. This would replace Memos or Scribe for me as it allows me to move text easily between Pre and Desktop, either direction, when it really isn't appropriate to have a task mapped to it.
    +1

Having notes synced between Done and Toodledo would be a Killer!!!
    Canīt wait to hear what you say about it @haeffb

T.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hoffman View Post
    I have used a couple of different apps to access Toodledo on the Pre. I think I like Done! best so far, except that it doesn't seem to support Start Date yet. This is a problem in a few ways:

• I can't see or edit the Start Date field
    • I can't hide future tasks. I have hundreds of tasks so I am quickly overwhelmed by tasks that are not supposed to start for months.
    • When I complete a repeating item, the Start Date is not advanced automatically as it does on the web interface. This means that on repeating tasks, I lose the data of how close the Start Date is to the Due Date

Can this be added? Done! looks really great and I would like to make it my main interface if possible.
    Oops. I just forgot to add Start Date, since I don't really use it. I've added both these features to the "Done" list.
  12.    #192  
    I will add Notebook to "the list" but in true Toodledo fashion will not comment about when it will be added. There are a number of other items higher on the priority list. Like getting enough done to get it published in the catalog....
    This only allows sharing IF the person you are sharing with will allow you to have their login info.

If the person only wants you give you their Add Task via Email special account, then you still need to send via email option.

Personally, my wife and I would be fine with sharing full login, but others might not. Something to think about in design.
    My wife and I share login information to keep each other up to date using one account. Works great. I did not know about the Add Task via Email.
  14.    #194  
    Oops. I just forgot to add Start Date, since I don't really use it. I've added both these features to the "Done" list.
    And, it turns out that I had a typo in my database routines and have not been saving/using startdate. It will be fixed in the next version.

HOWEVER, THE DATABASE STRUCTURE IS CHANGED!!! This means that the next version will not open the database of versions 0.0.7 and lower. BE SURE YOU SYNC ANY NEW TASKS PRIOR TO INSTALLING version 0.0.8. (which will be released shortly).
  15.    #195  
    Version 0.0.8 is uploaded.

HOWEVER, THE DATABASE STRUCTURE IS CHANGED!!! This means that the next version will not open the database of versions 0.0.7 and lower. BE SURE YOU SYNC ANY NEW TASKS PRIOR TO INSTALLING version 0.0.8.

This is a release candidate version. Please put it through it's paces and let me know asap of any problems.

Version 0.0.8 adds:

• Sync results displayed for 10 seconds following sync.
    • Re-display sync results by tapping on "Last Sync" info field (only available until app is closed)
    • Auto-sync is suspended if no internet connection is available.
    • Pref for sync only when wifi is available.
    • Change account settings (existing data will be deleted).
    • Create a new Toodledo account.
    • Enter/edit start date.
    • Search by typing in the list.
    • Quick add by pressing Enter frim the search field.

Note: I'm still working on repeats with start dates...
    Last edited by haeffb; 05/08/2010 at 05:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Version 0.0.8 is uploaded.
    Wow.
    haeffb - Thanks a lot...

...you are doing a great 'job'.

Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Hi; Done! looks like a promising "todo" app; I especially love how it syncs with Toodledo.

I have three suggestions, however (each of them involves one way that the native Palm "Tasks" app still has an edge over "Done!").

1) Right now, every list item on Done! has a due date printed on top. For people who don't use due date a lot (I bet that's most users), this means that every task item has "no due date" printed on it, which results in a lot of wasted space, and fewer list items on the screen at once. "Display due date on list items" should at least be something you can toggle off in options.

2) Items on the Palm Tasks app can be dragged around and re-arranged--this makes for a very easy way to manually sort your list of items to do.

3) Palm Tasks lets you add and edit items without leaving the listview. Done! at present makes you add and edit items on a separate scree, and then navigate back to the list view.

Done! is great because it syncs with Toodledo (and igoogle), and because it opens right to your main lists of tasks (unlike Palm's Tasks app). However, Done! still has a few things that need to be improved before it displays and edits information as smoothly as the original Palm Tasks app.

Best of luck with Done! going forward. I hope to buy the full version, once it's ready for the app catalog....
    Last edited by hopfrog; 05/08/2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo
  18.    #198  
    1) the size of list rows is really controlled by the check box. Removing the due date line wouldn't save space. I may look at making the rows more configurable later.

2) the list order wouldn't be saved by Toodledo, so that's not likely something that I would add to Done!...

3) try just typing a new task title while in the list view & press enter (I forgot to mention that new feature)
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I have my default due date as Today. When I go to add a task, the default doesn't show.
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I have my default due date as Today. When I go to add a task, the default doesn't show.
    Picky, picky.

Fixed for next version.