View Poll Results: Would you like Swype on your webOS device?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely! I'd even (maybe) pay!

116 81.12%
  • No, I ONLY like real keyboards.

13 9.09%
  • I'd rather have ... as a virtual keyboard

1 0.70%
  • Just a reg virtual keyboard from Palm will due.

13 9.09%
  1.    #1  

Swype has gone beta on Andriod for a while. As we know, linux runs on both webOS and andriod, so its possible for Swype inc to port to it.

Email swype to let them know you want it on webOS: info@swypeinc.com

Palm should email them too
    "Business Partners
    If you are interested in a business partnership with Swype Inc. please email us at
    bizdev@swypeinc.com"

Here is a post requesting our current (amazing) Virtual Keyboard to include something like swype in its next generation (if that is even possible): http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ption-vkb.html
  2.    #2  
    Tiki'Notes and shapewriters are also possible. Tell us what you would like to be ported over!
    Last edited by imop45; 04/03/2010 at 06:06 PM.
    Just wanted to say that it shouldn't be "Just a reg virtual keyboard from Palm will due" but do
  4.    #4  
    Ah, thank you.
    Hmm, have no idea how to edit polls
    I said regular VKB because I don't know what a Swype KB is.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Regular v-keybord OR Id pay for a graffiti 1 input method, I used to be faster on that then actual writing.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
  7.    #7  
    palm lost the rights to graffiti 1 I believe, and that's why they made graffiti 2.

@MLjones: check out the video. It's kinda like T9 except more advanced.

to type "top" for example, you'd swipe from t to p. To say "you" you'd swipe from y to the o then back to u. Instead of pressing each individual letter, you just swipe through them without letting your fingers up.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Someone PLEASE create a swype application for webOS. Seriously, this is very cool!

Why your next phone could have Swype's keyboard | Cutting Edge - CNET News
  9.    #9  
    I'm surprised a few people only like regular keyboards-even when in landscape mode on the browser and only have to type a couple of things?

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I would so get this!
    I saw the commercial on TV and was like whoa...
  11.    #11  
    I saw this in person earlier today.. Yeah we need it it's very intuitice-what the Palm pre is about!

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    I am all about a regular hard keyboard, but there are times when a virtual one is useful. That said, this swype thing is cool. I saw it for teh first time abotu a week ago and it is pretty slick. I played with it and it is pretty easy for me to pick up, and worked well even with my fat fingers wich is what one of my worries was. Having this on our Pre's would be very cool!
  13.    #13  
    Now that HP has taken over, maybe they'll dev something.

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Until I saw the video on:

I never thought I could use a virtual keyboard on the Palm Pre...

It the on-screen keyboard in the Palm had "Swype" it would be useful and usable!

Lets get this in the Pre!

dld
    I have used swype a few times on my friends droid and it it pretty cool. I just emailed them as I would love to have this for webos
    I didnt choose any option because if we are talking about the pre or pixi, screen is WAY too small for a VKB for me.

on something bigger, not sure, I have used swype and I do like it but I liked the autoprediction of the HTC keyboard (had the apk on a sprint hero and an evo) better.
  17. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I don't think this the OP doesn't quite understand the feasibility of porting this to webos in its current stage. Just because it is written in linux does not mean it can be ported to webos. Android has a specific keyboard framework. Webos UI is written in javascript and the virtual keyboard only works because it is a reworking of the symbol menu. currently, there is no way that i know of to use lowlevel programming outside of a card.
  18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    I don't think this the OP doesn't quite understand the feasibility of porting this to webos in its current stage. Just because it is written in linux does not mean it can be ported to webos. Android has a specific keyboard framework. Webos UI is written in javascript and the virtual keyboard only works because it is a reworking of the symbol menu. currently, there is no way that i know of to use lowlevel programming outside of a card.
    It would be neat to have a keyboard in the notification bar. I know it can interact with cards, but I'm not sure of it's limitations.

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    if swype was out for webos I would be more likely to stick with my pre. I still love webos but I need something new and exciting! Looking at you WebOS Internalz, ur my hero!

-- sent via my Palm Pre