Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This release on the main feed seems worse than all the other betas. At least the other betas would update my main feed every once in a while. This one has yet to update once.
    Well I'm gonna commend palm for the excellent work they are doing with this app. How many companies actually listen to the consumers? We asked for notifications...we got it, we asked to be able to turn notifications on or off...we got it. This is definitely the best facebook app for mobile phones and with more than 350 million facebook users a great facebook app is what will bring alot of new people to webos. Windows mobile definitely has the worst facebook app...because microsoft doesn't listen to the consumer, so we should all be happy with the great job palm is doing.
    Do anybody get notifications for messages?
    does anyone know if you can turn just the dashboard notifications off? If you can I will download it right now.. It's really a nice app,i was just waiting for that option.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just got my pre, so How do I uninstall an App to make way for a new one?

I have 1.1.4 atm, but I want to get 1.1.6... let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Still endlessly refreshing on mine. Notifications work though. Just the main feed won't update. Hasn't updated since Wednesday. Can you have both the full and beta installed at the same time?
    Mine does that occasionally.. actually lately it seems like it does that almost half the time. Yes, you can have them both installed. I also still use Friendsbook because it shows notifications and tends to load faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Do anybody get notifications for messages?
    Ever since at least 1.1.4, I'm thinking the version before that added them. Oh wait, do you mean inbox messages? I haven't received any of those in a while.
    You don't need to uninstall the old one, just open the app catalog and tap the shopping bag icon in the lower right corner. And you can turn off webos notifications now, but it only takes 5 seconds to download it, why not just download it and try it out?
    As I wrote in a nother thread concerning this topic:

There is a strange bug... The App does not work with german language, I now use English since I REALY love the App... But as soon as I change back to german the notification thing wont work! Maybe sumone can work on that issue? I wanna change it back to my mother tongue
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    My Preferences & Accounts page is blank. The Accounts and Primary Account boxes both don't show anything, Add Account button is unclickable and no options available for notification settings, like in the attached screenshot.

Otherwise, this beta's looking great!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    My Preferences & Accounts page is blank. The Accounts and Primary Account boxes both don't show anything, Add Account button is unclickable and no options available for notification settings, like in the attached screenshot.

Also getting the same issue, I tried removing my Facebook account from contacts etc and reinstalling to fix but it seems to remember my account info somehow.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    Also getting the same issue, I tried removing my Facebook account from contacts etc and reinstalling to fix but it seems to remember my account info somehow.
    Yeah, I tried a couple things like this too but couldn't find any fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    does anyone know if you can turn just the dashboard notifications off? If you can I will download it right now.. It's really a nice app,i was just waiting for that option.
    Yes you can. It lets you change the time interval of how often it checks for notifications and also gives you the option to turn off WebOS notifications completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post

Samething here. The only way I was able to delete my login information was to install the Facebook v1.1 app from the App catalog.. from there I was able to see login info and delete them.

I then tried to reinstall Beta 1.1.6 but got the exact same results. People seems to be able to see some parameters to set the notification options but I can't see any.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Damn this app was flawless until I cleared my cache and cookies from my web browser.

Main feeds don't work but everything else is fine for now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12