Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Well this morning I installed 2 apps. The Super Kernal and the Agenda app.

I uninstalled my 800MHz patch then watched the video and read the PDF for installing the Sup Kernal. BTW the video is awesome. lol

Then I installed the agenda app.

Later when I tried Universal search it did not show up.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Add me to the list, been running the 800mhz for a while and found universal search broken today. Grrrr I dont want to start over with the DR!
    Up until today I had been using the 800 MHz patch, and all was good. However, I wanted to give the UberKernel and Govnah a spin. Installed, and I lost the universal search as well. Nothing came up in terms of contacts or apps, and only when I touch the search bar do the Google, Wiki, etc, options appear. Removed the Uber patch, rebooted, and it still didn't work. Ran the recovery and stock kernel patches and no change. Going to the doctor now, since I use Universal search all the time and it's a pain in the azz not having it.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    have you installed Uberkernel and Govnah again after going to the doc?? If so is your universal search working again?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I still think it is the removal of the over clock kernal after the update that was installed before the update (not removed prior).

Too many people saying the same thing - me included.

I hate to Doctor... but oh well.
    See this thread http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...al-search.html

It seems the Universal Search problem only happens to people who had a previous overclocking solution installed, does not happen to people who have only ever used the Uber-Kernel, and is not repeatable when the phone is wiped with the webOS Doctor and then the Uber-Kernel is installed.

That pretty much narrows down the problem to the uninstallation of the previous overclocking solution ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod,

Thanks for the posting. Do you know if the only fix is to "Dr." the pre? Has anyone found a different fix? Thanks,

Ray
    Quote Originally Posted by rriver3 View Post
    Do you know if the only fix is to "Dr." the pre? Has anyone found a different fix?
    We don't know what the exact problem is (i.e. what is being modified by the previous overclocking solution that is not being uninstalled properly), so cannot advise on how to reverse it. You'll need to speak to the maintainer of those previous solutions.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yep. I was in the same boat. Installed the original 800 mhz overclock and Palm forced an update before I could uninstall it. I just uninstalled so that I could do uberkernel/govnah. Now no universal search. Bummed and will need to go to the doctor...
    well people..
    I have an Issue with Universalsearch. In 98% of cases it does not show up but is getting "blocked" by the launcher pages.
    BUT: I have never had any overclocking kernel patch installed!

So its not necessarily related to that i think. Problem came up after installing a few patches. It was the add named pages, add delete pages, 5x5 icon, reset to middle page and hide twitter i think. I installed all of them, or at least three of them at the same time, i.e. With one luna restart after their installation, i did not restartt luna after every single one.. Do u think i should have, could this have caused problems?
    ive uninstaled named pages, reset to middle page, hide twitter and did a luna restart. The first try, univ. S. Came up working. I already thougt, problem solved, but no, second try and te same as before..
    im not sure if removing the other patches will do any good..
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345