Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I had just noticed this problem myself, my universal search is broken i think it happened after i updated to 1.4.1.1 but not sure, but do know that it is driving me crazy lol
    A trip to the doctor fixed me up as far as the universal search being broken. Seems odd that it happened to so many of us just within the last 24-hours. I haven't had a chance to reinstall the 800MHz patch yet.
    Has anyone fixed this problem without doctoring yet???? im not looking forward to it
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Removing 720 kernel did not help. So I uninstalled my theme next and universal search came back! Hopefully I can reinstall 720 kernel back, I miss the speed increase.
    I tried webos repair utility...and it did NOT fix the universal search issue. Looks like I will be dragged kicking and screaming to the doctor. "NO!!!! I DON'T WANNA GO!!!"
    bump
    Doctor fixed it for me.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhendr01 View Post
    same problem. I was going to uninstall the 800 patch but my hpone force updated overnight while I was sleeping! I uninstalled it this morning out of concern but my universal search is bunked. I think we need Jason to the rescue
    Add me to the list. Same issue and settings
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I haven't had to doctor yet. I'm scared.
    Quote Originally Posted by mflauer View Post
    I haven't had to doctor yet. I'm scared.
    Not really scary as much as a major PITA. Just make sure you back up your contacts (there is a patch for that) if you are using the Palm Profile. It doesn't touch your USB drive so you shouldn't lose any data.

It is just a pain reinstalling and reconfiguring everything on your phone. While app catalog stuff is auto installed, homebrew and patches are not as of yet. Although I think Preware is working on something in that regard.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ...but doesn't it seem like a patch issue rather than a overclocked kernel issue?

That said, I'm one by one removing the patches I have (starting with the launcher specific ones). I'll chime in with results if that fixes the problem.

Update #1:

So I just got rid of a bunch of launcher specific patches and restarted Luna, still broken. Going to do a hard reboot and see if that does anything. Will update then.

Update #2:

Damnit! Well, looks like I'm going to visit the doc ...and I'm not insured either.

Update #3:

K, just uninstalled all patches and still have broken unisearch. I give up.
    Last edited by za7ch; 04/09/2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: update1,2,3
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I think it is patch related too....or a combo of patches and the update.

I am not totally convinced it was the overclocking, because mine worked after for a day maybe 2 fine....then mid-day I lost the Universal Search unfortunately I didn't have time to back out the patches I had updated that day nor do I remember what they were.

I Dr'd to get it back up and going, because no universal search is horrible!
    had to doctor
    Add me to the list. Same issue, however I had the 600 MHz script based pacth running during the update.
    Its not the OC itself, I think it had something to do with having the modified kernel during the upgrade and then removing it. I am obviously using anecdotal evidence since I don't have the foggiest idea how the OC kernel works. But that seems to be the common theme.
    so DR is the only method?

can someone tell me where to dl the latest version of dr?
    Man i was really hoping that i would not have to doctor just to fix this issue. I had a private pm conversation with Hardbeatz about this and sent him my log files after i had recreated the problem along with some screen shoots, But i haven't heard back form him yet about what i can do to fix this. I'm guessing Doctoring is the only way
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    well, i doctored. everything is working though slower without the 800 installed. Only problem is that Palm cloud only found 600 of my 2500 contacts. I did back up my db3 file but can't get it to reinstall with WOSQI.
    Same for me, had the 800mhz patch running then took it off (speed was nice but got a bit too hot when wifi tethering for me).

Not looking forward to doctoring the phone to be honest, had everything working just nicely. Still, might be better to have latest updates all from scratch rather than incremental, probably some leftover rubbish floating around in there anyway.

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by litrelord View Post
    Same for me, had the 800mhz patch running then took it off (speed was nice but got a bit too hot when wifi tethering for me).

Not looking forward to doctoring the phone to be honest, had everything working just nicely. Still, might be better to have latest updates all from scratch rather than incremental, probably some leftover rubbish floating around in there anyway.

Nick
    I was in the EXACT same boat. Every single setting was just right. But living without universal search was more than I could bear. The good news though is since the doctor my phone definitely runs better all along. Just remember to use the latest version of Preware to save your list of patches. Not sure how it works but there is stuff out there on it. That way re-installing all patches should be a single click affair.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast