Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dan94darling View Post
    So I just uninstalled the 800MHz patch and I'm still having the same issue. Does anyone have any guess if it is something else or is everyone just doctoring and starting over?
    i did that as well... with no luck
    im trying a partial erase now... before the doctor steps in
    ya no luck with the partial erase... now the doctor is putting his gloves on
    FML, I guess I will have to do that tonight. Gonna turn the 800 back on for the day at least. Im hoping at one point I will be able to get through a update without having to reset the phone, it gets a little old...
    Last edited by dan94darling; 04/06/2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: forgot stuff
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    gave up and doctored mine. I have no idea what caused the problem to begin with.
    also new doctor for sprint 1.4.1.1 full file
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
    Can I go back to 1.4.1 lol. I have had nothing but more problems with the latest update?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure this problem comes directly from trying to uninstall the 800mhz patch on the 1.4.1.1 patch. I had no problem after accidentally installing the update, but after noticing I was running at 500 mhz anyways I ran the uninstall and then installed 800mhz just to make sure it was a clean install and that's when I noticed the issue with universal search. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix the universal search yet, but I think the key lies in the script to reverse/uninstall the 800mhz patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveapos View Post
    I'm pretty sure this problem comes directly from trying to uninstall the 800mhz patch on the 1.4.1.1 patch. I had no problem after accidentally installing the update, but after noticing I was running at 500 mhz anyways I ran the uninstall and then installed 800mhz just to make sure it was a clean install and that's when I noticed the issue with universal search. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix the universal search yet, but I think the key lies in the script to reverse/uninstall the 800mhz patch.

So do you think that even if we do the doctor and re-install the 800 patch and at some point go to take it off, the samething will happen?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    So I just had this happen too. Damn phone worked fine 6 hrs ago. I also have 800mhz installed but it was working fine all evening. Now all of the sudden no more Universal Search and everything else still working fine....freaking weird issues with this phone, even before patches and overclocks.

Looks like I am visiting the Dr.....just what I want to do after midnight when I have to get up at 5:30am for work...awesome, thanks Palm.
    If your Universal Search is broken, its better to just doctor your device. Mine broke after the update and having 800MHz installed. I went a day without Universal Search and it drove me crazy.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    damn happened to me too after reinastalling 800 after 1.4.1
    Same here. Stinking forced update of 1.4.1.1 whiloes sleeping and I had the 800 kernel on. I uninstalled, then reinstalled 800 kernel ipk now no universal search!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Time for everyone on this thread to doctor. reinstall apps. then do your patches. the last thing to do is your install the OC kernel.
    Same issue, those of you who have doctored, did it fix it???
    If you installed update while custom kernels were installed just doctor the phone. its not worth messing around as to the fact that these kernels may cause harm to your phone if not taken the correct procedure articulated by Caj2008
    Last edited by jack87; 04/07/2010 at 02:33 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    May i sugest if you accidentally installed 1.4.1.1 kernel without removing Caj2008's custom kernel first do not.. and i repeat do not attempt to uninstall it after the update! considering when you run the uninstall script it restores your backed up kernel from the old webos 1.3.x. and this is causing people with problems because you are running new 1.4.1.1 with older 1.3.x kernel. I would bet the update replaced the custom kernel for you already so you have no need to attempt the uninstall which basically reinstalls 1.3.x kernel from the back up...

perhaps you can try removing the back up and just running the install command instead

Keep in mind this is my theory on the subject i have not tested it by any means...

you can check if custom kernel is currently installed or not by running the speed check command and if you are not getting 720 MHz or 800 MHz then its not installed anymore and do not attempt to uninstall.

I checked before I ran the patch, and prior I was running at 500 mhz so dont think what you are suggesting would help...
    just posting to subscribe to the thread. Sounds like a Dr. visit is in my plans for tonight. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    I checked before I ran the patch, and prior I was running at 500 mhz so dont think what you are suggesting would help...
    haha thats exactly the point i was making.. but none the less scratch everything i said and simply doctor the phone. its not even worth trying to fix it. if you screwed up the procedure to the way the custom kernel is supposed to be applied (This includes updating while kernel is installed) its time to doctor to make sure you do not cause any harm to the phone.

the devs have thoroughly tested the procedure before they made it public and deemed it safe. and it should be followed to a T other wise your phone might melt
    MatterOfFactJack
    I am doctoring, I will post if it fixes the problem
    GREAT, I have tried to do a doctor a couple of times and each time after about 10 minutes it says my phone disconnected and my phone locks up with a usb symbol on the screen, if I pull the battery it resets the phone but its still the messed up OS(doctor didnt run). Any ideas?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast