Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have a German O2 Pre on the Swedish 3 network with access to Paid apps (German app catalog, right now 1202 apps and yes, they are both english and german language versions there.

I bought my Pre in Germany and borrowed an O2 SIM card in the store and activated the phone on sight. Used US English setting when activating. I have checked my profile later and the German O2 phone number from the original activation is still in there so I guess that is the key for accessing the app store - not the language setting. So, go right ahead and buy the phone in Germany but beware that the Pre Plus is only available on-line, not in the stores (yet).

And then you still have to solve the question of a valid credit card to buy the apps.

I also use
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    I have a German O2 Pre on the Swedish 3 network with access to Paid apps (German app catalog, right now 1202 apps and yes, they are both english and german language versions there.

I bought my Pre in Germany and borrowed an O2 SIM card in the store and activated the phone on sight. Used US English setting when activating. I have checked my profile later and the German O2 phone number from the original activation is still in there so I guess that is the key for accessing the app store - not the language setting. So, go right ahead and buy the phone in Germany but beware that the Pre Plus is only available on-line, not in the stores (yet).

And then you still have to solve the question of a valid credit card to buy the apps.

I also use

There is a lot of confussion regarding the lack of access to app catalog. As I previosuly stated in this thread I bought a Pre from eBay aaparently new. The box was labelled as a Movistar (Spanish cellular operator) device, and it is SIM-locked to Movistar. I live in Spain and activated it with a Spanish profile. No access to paid apps since the only options to register a credit card are USA, Canada and Mexico.

I want to share with you the outcome of more than 5 months dealing with Palm Support:

- Initially, they presume to be surprised. FALSE! They confessed later that Palm was well aware of this problem.

- They try to keep me busy with lots of tests and other tasks. They instructed me to webosdoctor my Pre with different versions, creating completely new profile, etc. They asked me to send them screen-shots, logs, etc.

- Since one of the screenshots showed a patch installed (battery percent figure), they tried to avoid responsability, stating that homebrew apps could have caused the problem!!. That's not fair from a company that have declared support to the homebrew community. Are they going to blame homebrew apps of any problem independently of its nature???

- Although not officially recognized, the Palm support guys at the phone told me in more than one ocassion that the problem may well be caused by the record created in some databases during the very-first activation process. Apparently there is no way to delete or modify this record. I don't even know if the record lives phisycally in the device ROM or somewhere else. The question is that the visible app catalog is the one where the phone was activated the very first time, and this cannot be modified in any way.

- Since I bought my Pre in eBay, and I don't have the original invoice, Palm does not recognize the guarantee. I have no solution in sight.

I've been so far a Palm devoted user, and really loved the Pre, but Palm insists in changing my next phone brand. Sad, really sad!!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456