Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Update.

I've finally activated my Wirecard account, but the Catalog app rejects my new "virtual" Mastercard saying that it's probably a fraud.
    (I guess it's because the number doesn't match with the selected country, which is USA)

I'm sad. Really really sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by naiki View Post
    In my case, the Palm is a Movistar (Spain) locked device. I bought from eBay, and it seems it was never activated (I cannot assure that). I activated in Spain and created a Spanish profile. I was always able to see free and paid apps. Upon upgrading to WebOS 1.4.1. I tried to add a credit card. Only USA, Mexico and Canada appear in the invoice country field. I cannot register the credit card and therefore cannot pay any app.

I am totally frustrated. Without apps, a Palm Pre is not comparable to any other smartphone, including I-phone, Symbian, or even Windows Mobile phones.

If Palm does not fix this, I will NEVER buy a Palm device anymore (I've been a Palm IIIx, Palm V, Palm m-515 and a Palm Tx user).
    I've been told by Palm support that this failure (only USA, Mexico and Canada in the country filed when registering a credit card) is not particular to my case. They say Palm is working on it.

Let's give them some time...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dastommygun View Post
    Update.

I've finally activated my Wirecard account, but the Catalog app rejects my new "virtual" Mastercard saying that it's probably a fraud.
    (I guess it's because the number doesn't match with the selected country, which is USA)

I'm sad. Really really sad.
    this is the problem i'm having.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I've got an O2 Palm Pre bought in Germany via ebay.
    I don't khnow if it was previously activated in Germany.
    When it arrives, I've made my personal Palm Profile setting it to Italy (PRE is set to italian language)
    I alway was able to see app store: I'm pretty sure it is German App Store (initially many free app was only in german).
    I've correctly downloaded 1.4.1 firmware, and since one week I can see paid apps too.
    I try to download one of them: no results! It seems it doesn't accept my italian credit card (VISA, I receive a message talkin' of a stole or fraudolent CreditCard!)
    I've opened a WireCard account (MASTERCARD, Wirebank is Germany).
    It's been ACCEPTED, and now I'm able to pay and download apps.

I'd interested in trying to connect to USA App Store, but I'm not to be able to pay apps from it....
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Perhaps you can help other users by being more specific about how you created the wirecard account?
    I quote the request above! I'm in the same situation as yours (in Italy with a German Pre)
    It's very simple:
    - go there: Wirecard
    - click on "Register" red button (bottom of page, or click here: https://secure.mywirecard.com/wireca...anguageCode=it)
    - follow steps to register (requires 10 minutes, an another credit card from which transfer money, or alternatively a bank account)
    - I've choosed to have a virtual MASTERCARD credit card and I've transferred 10 on it.
    - at the end you have all codes (CC number, PIN, date) of a new virtual CreditCArd, but this is a "German" credit card
    - then I've registered it on my PRE Account, and it's been accepted. Remember to choose Germany as predefined country.

I finally have purchased SplashID (that I've since some years in PalmOS)

I couldn't guarantee it work for all cases. It works in mine: O2 Palm PRE bought in Germany, Palm Profile set to Italy and PRE Language set to Italian, 1.4.1 firmware. Carrier: WIND IT

Hope I can help someone. But I hope Palm works on this ... it's incredible ...
    and what did you write in the Billing address field, an italian address?
    just my real address (Italy, Modena)
    Last edited by mkappa74; 04/09/2010 at 12:26 PM.
    I have registered at mywirecard.com too.

German Pre, Czech Republic billing address and I can finaly buy applications. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Me to!

German Pre registered in Germany by O2 in the shop.

Swedish operator Tre (3).

Used wirecard setting up an German account with virtual MC.

In the Pre App catalog i registered my card with Germany as country but otherwisw with my Swedish adress.

Now playing Lets Golf!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    As soon as i try to sign up it tells me it's not available in my country (australia).

maybe i need to go through a special server like with hulu

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i guess also that using a proxy for credit card info might not be the wisest.

sigh. i'll just live with it for now. all i really want is to try badkitty twitter app.

Same problem here. Czech republic = "Please note that Wirecard is currently not offered in your country."
    Oh, I see. Ive created Entropay card, set UK (even Germany for that matter) in Pre and still card isnt accepted. Some posts mentioned changing address - what address should I use? London something?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Entropay doesn't use an address at all, so it doesn't matter. Entropay won't work.
    So it wasnt smart advice at all. Actually it was completely awful advice Thx tomi.
    I actually live in Europe although Czech republic is considered part of eastern Europe - poor little brother of Europe
    Anyway I searched a bit, came to this topic and somebody offer me help. Thats it.
    OT: I send you PM.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    anyone have any ideas of how one could use wirecard from an unofficial country?

or any other ideas? I made a topic in the apps section of the forum about how much this is ****ing me off. Anyone interested in getting together and nutting out a problem, like in a communal way? monetarily?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Well, since there hasn't been any significant progress on how to get paid apps (easily) on an existing WebOS device activated outside Palm territory I'm seriously considering getting me a German Pre Plus in Germany and activate it there with an O2 SIM and a new profile. Then I'll use my current Dutch KPN SIM again but should be able to see paid apps. I read at a Dutch Palm site: Duitse PALM werkt niet in Nederland. Hij is wel unlocked. - Palmclub: Forums - alles over de Palm Pre met webOS, de Palm Treo smartphone of PalmOS pda that, as expected from the billing countries in the app catalog, Dutch Credit Cards are supported out of the box!!

So just to be sure. I need to activate in Germany, with official supported SIM, language put on German, and create a new Palm Profile, right?

And will I see English paid apps in the catalog when I switch language to English?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Is there a way to look at the German app catalog on a web site. So I can look at the paid apps here at PreCentral. Just to be sure that the apps I want are there? Oops, apparently yes: webOS appcatalog

Mmm, I'm tempted to get a Pre Plus
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast