Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Created both a German language account and a new UK account and its no change, still can't see a single app in the catalog, thats zero free apps and as many paid ones.
    Last edited by Andreas; 04/02/2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Ok, I know its my first post but maybe i'll be able to help someone...

I bought a unlocked German GSM Pre a week ago, ordered it online (I live in Bosnia).
    I webdoctor'd v1.4 to bypass activation, edited the carrier network settings (but i wasn't able to create a Palm Profile). I use the Pre with a Bosnian SIM card (BH Telecom) from day 1, and I had access to zero apps (I'm about as "unofficial" as it gets ).

I read this topic and did a full reset (Erase apps & data), selected german language, registered a palm profile (i was able to do so because of the edited network carrier db), and voila, i have access to a full app catalog (i'm able to see both free and paid apps, preferences is greyed out, but i'm still on 1.4 so maybe that'll change too). I don't think i'll be able to purchase paid apps, but quite frankly i don't care right now

P.S. I have 761 apps in the app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Do you use a Rebelsim card?
    No, nothing, just a regular prepaid SIM card...
    Yep, it didn't even occur to me to try to create a palm profile with the edited network carrier db (I kept receiving an error before) ...

Oh and BTW, switching the language to UK English works fine (the prices are still in Euro, the app count is the same), so my theory is that the most important part is to create (and activate) a Palm Profile using the country setting in which you bought the Pre...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Probably why the new german profile I created earlier today did not work as ive already registered one back in october with a English/UK setting.
    Yes, thanks but you're confirming this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2348811

In short: your first profile settings determine your AppCat entitlement.
    OK, I should be able to test this sometime by re-doctoring my secondary GSM Pre (the one that currently sees the German app catalog), and re-doing it with a US country profile. If that post is correct, then I should still be able to see the German app catalog on that device, even though I can't see it on my other GSM device which has a US country profile.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yes, but you should only be able to see free apps though, right.
    Our only hope is Bennish. He's an Australian Pre owner with a Spanish movistar Pre and he see sees paid apps and can enter details. Unless he activated/created his first profile with Spanish language settings?
    I can enter european billing details in my current German profile on my secondary GSM device. Of course I don't have a european credit card to test it with. I need to find the equivalent of Simon Malls - Shopping Malls, Mall Stores, Gift Cards giftaccounts for europe.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    wow, i'm an only hope! i like it.

Basically, i've got an unlocked (thanks goma!) spanish pre, and i made it uk english on very first activation, and i'm in australia using a virgin mobile sim.

I can see paid apps, a total of 500-ish free and paid. I can go to preferences/accounts, and enter information but i'm NOT having any success with my card (obviously) or even an entropay card i got (virtual credit card, uk). it says the uk one is 'fraudulent'. i think i know something else that's fraudulent, but i'm trying to be nice to palm.

does that information help any? if there are any experiements you need me to try, let me know.

the entropay card seems useless at this point... i'm gonna try this wirecard thing someone mentioned. then if that works, cancel the entro one.

just checked, wirecard is not available in australia. i love this country but sometimes i think i'd be about as well off living on MARS.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Are you absolutely sure you were the first owner of this phone and created the first palm profile on this device, because you shouldn't be able to see the paid apps in the Spanish catalog. For that to happen, the first profile on the phone must have been created using Spanish settings. 1 + 1 = ?
    I'm guessing that goma activated it to test it, and then webOS doctored it so it was fresh again.

-- Rod
    So, I guess this makes bad ESN Sprint CDMA devices imported from ebay.com more valuable ...

Buy one, meta-doctor it, get a Simon Malls - Shopping Malls, Mall Stores, Gift Cards giftaccount, and buy some apps from the US app catalog.

-- Rod
    Yes, thanks but you're confirming this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2348811

In short: your first profile settings determine your AppCat entitlement.
    As already stated in the other thread:

I have a German Pre, activated in The Netherlands on a Vodafone NL (Business) SIM, using as language: German.

Data from the profile:

Code:
    Language:	German
    Profile Status:	Email Verified
    I have the free apps in the catalog, but NOT the EA Games, No paid apps and no options to insert credit card data

If the language setting initially was the determining factor, I would have paid apps. But i don't.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I've read the interesting thread development and maybe you can use some info from me. I'm glad to help.

I've bought my Pre on eBay, from a user called "mobitech2004". It's a German O2 QWERTZ, I received it with the Sprint OS loaded on it.

I activated it by creating a new palm profile. Language was english right from the start. App catalog worked fine, with both free and paid apps. (this was well before 1.40 release).

Some time later I redoctored it with the EU version of WebOS and logged again into my palm profile.

Every time an OS update was available, I had no problem in updating OTA.

I'm using a normal business SIM (not pre-paid) lent by my company, the carrier is WIND. I have no 3G traffic enabled (yet!) so I use my home wifi connection for network related stuff.

I currently have 1800+ apps in the catalog, both free and paid.
    I can insert payment details (chosing among USA, Canada and Mexico) but of course my italian Mastercard is rejected.

That's it. If you have any question, please ask.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Im curious what happends when the countries we live in eventuall becomes a offical supported country of Palm.

Will we be able to change our profile so we can access the unlocked App Catalog or will we still be tied to the one we selected. back in october.

This could mean that loads of users never will get access even though they live in a country about to become official. Shall be interesting to see what happends if/when Vodafone starts selling it and perhaps opens up new countries.

As I cant see a single app I get the impression Palm got on file that I used a swedish SIM and that its just not the country settings made while creating the profile that decides what catalog it will use. I mean, if was tied to the English/UK catalog shouldnt I atleast be able to see the free apps?
    My QWERTZ German Palm in NL is still under waranty. What would happen when I go back to the O2 shop, put the Pre on the counter, and say "sorry, this one is broken: I can't access the App catalog with it". Would they be obliged to supply me a new one, so that I can register it properly and access the catalogue?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I guess bennish owes goma an extra thanks
    do you mean if goma hadn't activated it in spain, i may very well have no app store at all?

And they say we live in a global village... this is all so ridiculous.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by dastommygun View Post
    Hi guys,

I've read the interesting thread development and maybe you can use some info from me. I'm glad to help.

I've bought my Pre on eBay, from a user called "mobitech2004". It's a German O2 QWERTZ, I received it with the Sprint OS loaded on it.

I activated it by creating a new palm profile. Language was english right from the start. App catalog worked fine, with both free and paid apps. (this was well before 1.40 release).

Some time later I redoctored it with the EU version of WebOS and logged again into my palm profile.

Every time an OS update was available, I had no problem in updating OTA.

I'm using a normal business SIM (not pre-paid) lent by my company, the carrier is WIND. I have no 3G traffic enabled (yet!) so I use my home wifi connection for network related stuff.

I currently have 1800+ apps in the catalog, both free and paid.
    I can insert payment details (chosing among USA, Canada and Mexico) but of course my italian Mastercard is rejected.

That's it. If you have any question, please ask.
    Just about the same right here (Italy, German GSM phone, redoctored, etc) but when I am asked to insert credit card details a have a wider choice of nations (Austria, Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, UK, Eire, Luxembourg, Netherlands) but not Italy I see paid apps but can't buy them. Maybe I'm gonna try the wirecard thing.
    May I ask a quesiton???

I'm living in Turkey and my Pre bought from Amazon.de. I hope I'm first user of my Pre.
    When I receive my Pre it has v1.3.1 and my carrier (Turkcell) doesn't support with this firmware. Because of that, I'm activated with Vodafone Turkey sim card with UK and English settings.

Till this steps there is no free application in App Catalog.

After upgrading 1.3.5.2 via Wi-Fi, Pre automatically dedect my carrier and 3G settings enabled. But still no free applications in App Catalog. I find a downgrade method of App Catalog, after the downgrade I can see 150+ apps in App Catalog.

Doctored with v.1.4, there is no free apps in App Catalog
    Doctored with v.1.4.1 there is no free apps in App Catalog

And the question is;

If I re-doctored with v.1.4.1 and re-create new profile with my original Turkcell SIM card (Turkcell settings already embedded in carrierDB since v.1.3.5.2) German Language and German Locale, may I access to free apps in App Catalog???

I'm just wanting access to free apps, I have no expectations regarding paid apps.

Thanks in advance...
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Sorry, but I won't go through all of that.
    Not _again_.

I'm now waiting form my wirecard to be activated, if _that_ fails... I'm done with Palm.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the work done by Bruba and the others, but what I need is a damn working smartphone, not a second, fulltime, unpaid job.

Have a nice Easter.
    In my case, the Palm is a Movistar (Spain) locked device. I bought from eBay, and it seems it was never activated (I cannot assure that). I activated in Spain and created a Spanish profile. I was always able to see free and paid apps. Upon upgrading to WebOS 1.4.1. I tried to add a credit card. Only USA, Mexico and Canada appear in the invoice country field. I cannot register the credit card and therefore cannot pay any app.

I am totally frustrated. Without apps, a Palm Pre is not comparable to any other smartphone, including I-phone, Symbian, or even Windows Mobile phones.

If Palm does not fix this, I will NEVER buy a Palm device anymore (I've been a Palm IIIx, Palm V, Palm m-515 and a Palm Tx user).
    Did you select Spanish when you created a new profile with it?

I do advise you though, to read the entire thread. Rod has a tip here for paying with a US gift account:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2355663

Escucha hombre!
    Thank you tomi666. I did selected Spanish when I created the profile. As a first move, I'm going to demand a solution from both Palm and my cellular provider. At the end of the day, there isn't anything illegal on this. I have done anything but buying a legal Palm Pre.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast