Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I'm on a Dutch SIM in NL.
    Just redoctored to a new German profile, since it's a QWERTZ.
    Account and Preferences menu item is still greyed out.
    Perhaps because I'm so stupid I forgot to confirm Palm profile confirmation email [zigh...]
    What country did you get in the Palm Profile after all that?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Land: Deutschland
    Sprache: Deutsch

Just redoctored to 1.1.3, created a completely new email account, created a German palm profile, confirmed the confirmation email this time.
    Now updating to 1.4.1. See what happens.
    I love it when a plan comes together ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    waiting to hear your results, tomi666.

frankly even if it works, i don't think it's worthwhile for ALL of us to be wiping our phones clean just to "cheat" Palm servers into believing that we are in a "supported" country. wouldn't it be better if we just ask them to tweak their servers?
    Wait, I'm on the phone with Jon right now. I'll ask him!
    thanks bro! knew i could always count on you.
    ... by setting my language to German during the First Use application run, I was able to fool the Palm Profile into having "Germany" as my country.
    ... the German app-catalog doesn't have all the apps due to the German language preference, right? So if I re-doctor with UK as base country I might get more, but probably will loose Netherlands for payments...
    And then there has been reports of the payment card having to be country-compatible as well, to be accepted.

I think I made the profile with UK (or US) and English, and I've not seen any paid apps as of yesterday. How about the localized settings - as I use Norwegian for dates, numbers etc.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    I created an internet credit card account (e.g. Wirecard) to bypass the address verification. I then randomly selected Ireland as country of choice (although i live in Cyprus with an o2 pre) and bingo it worked!!!....just downloaded PowerNap....zzzzzz
    Unlocked german Pre: I just dr'ered my pre to german 1.4.0. > udated to german 1.4.1. > Still no paid apps in sight :0( 415 free (cr)apps
    Last edited by karstenskov; 04/02/2010 at 10:58 AM.
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Wait, I'm on the phone with Jon right now. I'll ask him!
    Punch him in the face for me.
    Yes...English (UK) for profile language....i guess that's why the prices are showing up as GBP instead of Euros (even though I chose Ireland and credit card country address).

I then used my real Wirecard local address in Cyprus (except the country of course since Cyprus isnt on the list).

P.S. When i tried using my Cyprus credit card it returned an error (something about fraudulent credit card details)
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ytsentas View Post
    I created an internet credit card account (e.g. Wirecard) to bypass the address verification.
    Now THIS is interesting!
    I'll give it a try.
    Any luck on your vodafoontje?
    Maybe I was in too much of a hurry - redoctored the phone with 1.4.1, chose German whereever possible. Phone started, enabled Wifi, ran First Use. Selected German as well. Phone restarted, everything German, no screen for profile???

Ok, let's try a full reset. First use starts automatically, able to create new profile. TADA! Phone is now able to connect to live.vodafone.com without hacking the username/password into pppd!

Onwards to the app catalog - AAARGH! no menu option for payments...

Well, at least they solved one of my problems...
    Same for me in Portugal, using US english as language.
    I can't see any paid apps. Big bummer! I'm dying to buy some apps and I'm using warez because I CANT BUY them!

Palm, you're the only one who's loosing.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    running out of patience...
    At least I'm not the only one.
    I have a german pre, live in Germany, with credit card from Germany and can't purchase!
    " The United States Government prohibits Palm from allowing you to purchase applications"
    Is there anyone with the same problem?
    There is nothing changes, there is still no free application in app catalog. Come on Palm, gimme break! I just want to use free apps, downloaded app catalog like Facebook, foursquare etc.

What am I doing? No free application... ****** up...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I love it when a plan comes together ...
    I would too, but so far the plan seems to be falling apart. Do you have more info on how you got a GSM phone with the payments menu active? Using which webOS version as base when doctoring the phone, etc?
    I dont know if this of any use to anyone but i thought i'd share exactly what i did and got paid apps enabled (I have an O2 in Cyprus):

- Doctored and installed 1.3.1 (O2)
    - English (United Kingdom selected)
    - Updated to 1.4.1 OTA
    - Re-enabled modem configuration of Webos 1.3.5.2 (see relevant thread) using the solution by Sconix and the following commands in the Linux Command line of WebosQuickinstall:

PmModemUpdater -m -e -o </tmp/castleumtsfw.tar
    then
    PmModemUpdater -f </tmp/castleumtsfw.tar

- Reconfigured the Carrier Settings (to include Cytamobile Vodafone Cyprus settings)
    - Rebooted, and the paid apps catalogue was enabled.

Don't know if the apps catalogue is actually a modem issue of some sort but it would be worth someone trying and confirming success/failure either way.
    Just to confirm:
    - Your Pre is a UK O2 one, right?
    - When did you create the profile that enables you to view/buy paid apps?
    - Did you create a new profile when you followed this procedure?
    - Did you create the profile (or log into it) before or after the OTA to 1.4.1?
    - Did you activate your phone over wifi or cell data?
    - Did you do all of this with your Cyprian SIM inserted or did you leave it out during some of the steps?
    - My Pre is a UK O2 (using RSC)
    - Profile created when first bought (December 09)
    - No...i used my existing profile
    - Logged in after installing 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    You're in Italy and you can see the paid apps and have access to the Accounts & Preferences menu item, right?
    When did you create the profile you're using?
    Exactly.

I created my profile when I bought my Pre, so it's three months ago, more or less.
    Your 1.3.1 ROM is customized (via Meta Doctor) ? How to get 1.3.1 webOS Doctor ?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast