Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Exactly, our countries aint listed, so when creating our profiles we had to select a different one. Ive got UK on mine and got zero apps in the catalog and the option to enter credit card details aint even visible.
    So your situation is even worst than mine! I'm sorry.

But I see your signature and I understand you. I've been a long time Palm user, since when the first Palm Pilot was produced... and now I feel like I've been betrayed somehow.

I think it's time to realize that both of us gave more than enough credit to Palm and its WebOS.
    - We waited for it to come to our country. It didn't. Fine.
    - We endured missing features that we took for granted in years of Palm handhelds. They never arrived. Fine.
    - We accepted the idea of having few apps (half of which are naked women and freeware books), saying to ourselves that we don't need the load of apps iPhone users get. Yes, sure. Fine.

Now I have to accept the fact that I won't get paid apps.

Frankly, I'm fed up. Enough is enough.

I think I'll wait a few weeks to see if any light shines at the end of the tunnel, then I'll join the Android/Blackberry/Apple/whatever club.
    Last edited by dastommygun; 04/02/2010 at 07:47 AM.
    Can se all the payd apps, but only have the US, mexico and canada as billing coutries...
    Well, that's a start (a unnecessary tease though). 8o/ I can't see jack **** of it even if I throw in my LudoMobil card. That might be because I then would be roaming in China with it though.

Hey people, Android is a nice alternative is it not? :-(
    After my play with Nexus One for about an hour - not for me at least. Maybe I would have liked it prior to having my hands on WeOS, but not afterwards.

I'll admit I liked a few things a lot, but overall WebOS gives me a better sense of serenity because it's so much more uniform and tidy.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dastommygun View Post
    So your situation is even worst than mine! I'm sorry.

But I see your signature and I understand you. I've been a long time Palm user, since when the first Palm Pilot was produced... and now I feel like I've been betrayed somehow.

I think it's time to realize that both of us gave more than enough credit to Palm and its WebOS.
    - We waited for it to come to our country. It didn't. Fine.
    - We endured missing features that we took for granted in years of Palm handelds. They never arrived. Fine.
    - We accepted the idea of having few apps (half of which are naked women and freeware books), saying to ourselves that we don't need the load of apps iPhone users get. Yes, sure. Fine.

Now I have to accept the fact that I won't get paid apps.

Frankly, I'm fed up. Enough is enough.

I think I'll way a few weeks to see if any light shines at the end of the tunnel, then I'll join the Android/Blackberry/Apple/whatever club.
    Yes, its very frustating that a little device manage to steal so much energy from us. The aggro it cause is almost most not worth it, I wont give up though as love the Palm Pre and will do everything I can to get it working properly in Sweden.

I guess our only hope is that a carrier local to us picks it up because I quite frankly belive that the person responsible for this blockade of free apps have totaly lost the plot or atleast not much connection to the reality and what badwill it causes.
    Last edited by Andreas; 04/02/2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    No Account & Preferences menu item for me either.
    I have it. For what it's worth...

I'm sorry but I don't remember the size of the update.
    I think the reason why Palm aren't 'officially' allowing downloads from everywhere is that they're not selling phones everywhere, and keeping up credit card contracts in every country would be too expensive for them.
    I was earlier under the impression that app payments would require a PayPal account. Did I mess up the reading, or did something change at some level?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    PayPal is not an available option.
    Not on my Pre, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    that is NOT a pity, otherwise I couldn't use it

but it is correct, you have to activate your Pre in a supported country with a supported SIM first, before using it anywhere else. And you have to have a credit card from on of these countries.
    My experience is that you do not have to have a supported SIM from a supported country.

I was able to activate my Pre in Australia (which is not a supported country), and simply by setting my language to German during the First Use application run, I was able to fool the Palm Profile into having "Germany" as my country.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    And on the device in that state, do you actually see any paid apps (or the free games?) If so, I probably will re-doctor my Pre tonight as well.
    I got the 12MB as well, no options in the menu other than Edit and Help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozuzo View Post
    And on the device in that state, do you actually see any paid apps (or the free games?) If so, I probably will re-doctor my Pre tonight as well.
    Yes, I do.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My experience is that you do not have to have a supported SIM from a supported country.
    I can confirm that, since I've activated mine using my Italian SIM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    This is all very strange that some can activate with their local SIM and get full access while others can't.
    i'm not certain exactly how it works but, even though you can't download directly from the app catalog, isn't it possible to download apps straight from palm's website?

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    From reading other threads, the German app-catalog doesn't have all the apps due to the German language preference, right? So if I re-doctor with UK as base country I might get more, but probably will loose Netherlands for payments... Choices, choices....
    Hehe - are you as eager as well to redoctor your phone RIGHT NOW and test :-) ?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    So, if understood this correctly you can't actually register a German device with anything but Germany and expect it to work ie its German App Catalog or no catalog at all?
    Very funny, Palm seems to think they have more then enough user base tht they r trying to prevent us outside 'official' country to use their phone n buy their app!!
    Does all of you guys have the new preferences menu in your App Catalogs? There is no change at all for me. I must be the black sheep of Palm fans. *cry*
    exactly the same here. Dry your eyes ;-)
    So, if understood this correctly you can't actually register a German device with anything but Germany and expect it to work ie its German App Catalog or no catalog at all?
    I have two German GSM QWERTZ devices. One sees the German app catalog, and the other sees the US GSM app catalog.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Any luck on your vodafoontje?
    I'm at work, no cable - I have to wait...
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast