Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Hey! can't we get a freakin precentral app? I mean most of us are on here like at least an hour a day. If I could get my precentral on the road that would be better. thanks.
    the mobile site is alright m.precentral.net but it really isn't like an iphoneish mobile site, it's just a mobile site which one would probably see on any mobile phone (ie very limited and basic looking) would love an app with more features. Even drew up a moc up a while back and seemed to have a team going on it, but that project as died and haven't heard a word about it. Sad really.
    we have one look in preware go to applications look in categories under news and internet and look for unofficial precentral app
    the official joint was do along time ago.. Smh all these other websites like the boy genius have there own app.
    Agreed, I'd prefer an app over the mobile site.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I would love a precentral app with a clean look feat. Notifications. Then I wouldn't have to check the mobile site every ten minutes! Lol its funny cause its true.
    I don't understand this myself, but I'm sure it may be in the works soon
    The idea of an official PreCentral app (think engadget-esque) with an beautiful interface and blog notifications is tantalizing.
    But if there is an app, then the users will go to the website less frequent, which means less advert $$. Thats my personal opinion as to why there is not one. I wish there was though, and notifications would rock with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    But if there is an app, then the users will go to the website less frequent, which means less advert $$. Thats my personal opinion as to why there is not one. I wish there was though, and notifications would rock with it!
    +1
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    +1
    there are no ads on the mobile site.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure I recall hearing the group of smartphone central websites make a significant amount of their revenue from the sales of merchandise their specific online stores drive.

and for what it's worth, we were teased with a precentral app all the way back in september.
    Regarding surfing the mobile site, I do get a lot of "page not found" errors as well as reloads that only draws up the current screen and no scrolling is posible - as if the page was no larger.

Quite often when I then resort to the "full version", the content (text) is messed up. This has also happened a few times while I've been visiting on my portable ...
    I guess I'm a little fuzzy on why an "app" is needed. What would it do for you that m.precentral.net doesn't?

If this kind of thing is why iPhone's have 15000 "apps", then I'm not particularly concerned about the difference in numbers.

I suppose its just personal preference but I'm more concerned with getting things like HanDBase and DocumentsToGo ported rather than apps for something that can be done well enough on the web.

No flames pls Just expressing a view..
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    I guess I'm a little fuzzy on why an "app" is needed. What would it do for you that m.precentral.net doesn't?

If this kind of thing is why iPhone's have 15000 "apps", then I'm not particularly concerned about the difference in numbers.

I suppose its just personal preference but I'm more concerned with getting things like HanDBase and DocumentsToGo ported rather than apps for something that can be done well enough on the web.

No flames pls ;) Just expressing a view..
    Whilst I agree with you around DocsToGo etc. I think the engadget app shows why if implemented properly it can work, although you could argue that a better mobile site would suffice ... It would be nice to browse PreCentral with a nicer interface you would think that if any site was going to have a WebOS app it would be this one ;)
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post

No flames pls Just expressing a view..
    you really are looking at it from the wrong side of the glass.
    the reason for a lot of software and technology falls into three categories:
    1. add functionality.
    2. improve functionality.
    3. refine the experience.

a precentral app would be similar to the engadget app. it would provide a better, more native and seamless experience.

so instead of looking at something and asking,"why change it?" you should be asking,"why not?"

and for what it's worth, unless the precentral folks kidnap the coders and graphic designers behind HanDBase and/or DocsToGo to create the app for them, this isn't something that's going to affect you negatively.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I want precentral notifications!
    Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    The idea of an official PreCentral app (think engadget-esque) with an beautiful interface and blog notifications is tantalizing.
    Yes!! And +1 to the notifications as well! Just the thought of it is getting me all excited.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    you really are looking at it from the wrong side of the glass.

and for what it's worth, unless the precentral folks kidnap the coders and graphic designers behind HanDBase and/or DocsToGo to create the app for them, this isn't something that's going to affect you negatively.
    WHO'S WITH ME?

I'm on my way to take the DataViz office hostage now! I want me DocsToGo!!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    WHO'S WITH ME?

I'm on my way to take the DataViz office hostage now! I want me DocsToGo!!
    oh, I meant dieter&co holding dataviz hostage to code the precentral app for them on their behalf.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast