1.    #1  
    Can anybody tell me a GPS app that reads the .kml or .kmz files that Google Maps and Google Earth export?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maczealot View Post
    Can anybody tell me a GPS app that reads the .kml or .kmz files that Google Maps and Google Earth export?

Thanks.
    Most of the apps on this list can export KML, but I am not sure which if any import it. WebOS - OpenStreetMap Wiki
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Mylott View Post

Thanks.
    Even with an answer mentioned already, some of these apps can indeed import as well, there are also some other apps which can show a track on a map.

But, the most basic question is missing.

What is the use case, just show it on a map, or more?
    Have quickly opened some apps.

Mapping ool (pro) allows for importing.
    Tap the three dots button, Tracks, List Tracks, Import button.

I was not able to test it, it will show a file renamed to *.kml, but not a kmz

Do not have a file to test and cannot quickly find one to download.

Gpx can als be shown in this app, as well as in gpx mapper

Now long time ago I tried some kml files in maptool pro, some load, some not depending on the data in the kml file

Tracks should work, some POI lists as well, but not every format is supported.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Now long time ago I tried some kml files in maptool pro, some load, some not depending on the data in the kml file
    I'm wondering if it's a KML-version issue. Maybe only some .kml versions are supported.

When I go to ...: Tracks:List Tracks:Import Button and select a kml file, the spinner processes for a while and then stops, but the screen remains black. There is no error message. But nothing gets loaded. I hit "OK", and nothing has changed.

My KML file is only about 7k in size, and has maybe 7 different locations mapped out on it (some favorite swimming holes), with a little descriptive text.

<code>
    &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?&gt;
    &lt;kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2"&gt;
    &lt;/kml&gt;
    <code>

It was created at mapbox.com. Maybe Maptool has issues with kml 2.2? Can anyone post a small successfully imported kml file? Would be interesting to see if its an issue of the version of the KML, or whether it only imports certain kinds of features in a kml file.

Thanks.
    You can send me the file for testing. And you can import kml as track or as targets. Maybe try both options: Tracks->Import and Targets->Import.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro