1.    #1  
    If the developer of the Facebook Chat app from the App Catalog is anywhere around here, come out from hiding. Your app hasn't worked right in almost 2 weeks now. It just loads a blank white page after it logs in. I have emailed you multiple times and received no response. You are a disappointing developer. You told me months ago that many new features were coming and we haven't seen a single update. Come fix your app because you have alot of upset customers like myself that want a refund!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    this app was a virus...didnt you read all the warnings?
  3.    #3  
    Funny
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    april fools.....sorry, i hadnt done one all day. needed a fix.
    oh knows my facebook chats are broken.. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i heart facebook.. Happy april fools!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    oh knows my facebook chats are broken.. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i heart facebook.. Happy april fools!
    I would be ****ed to if I bought this app. But if your looking for facebook chat, just use the facebook chat patch. Works like a charm.
    Which app are you referring to exactly? Is it Friendsflow?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisott9628 View Post
    Which app are you referring to exactly? Is it Friendsflow?
    No its called "Facebook Chat" in the app catalog.

LOL @ the above april fools..
    Hey this is the Dev,
    Let me just clarify everything because this whole thing has been one huge mess. When the Facebook Chat version 1.3.0 launched in the App Catalog it worked but had a bug where people who had certain characters in their passwords could not log in. 4 days later Facebook Chat version 1.4.0 launched which fixed this problem and everything still worked fine. A couple weeks later some users may have started experiencing a verficiation error every once in a while while logging in, before I could release a fix to this problem Facebook redid their Chat system to use a Jabber server. For those of you who don't know the only way to connect to a Jabber server is through a socket connection. Since you can't do socket connections with the webOs SDK I was unable to get the app to connect to the Jabber server. Then Facebook stopped using their Ajax based system for sending and receiving buddy lists and messages. That was when the app stopped working for all people. I immediately started working on a solution called BOSH which is where a Java Servlet is running and handling the socket connections and and the phone makes Ajax requests to the servlet to get and receive messages and the buddy list. After working on that for a little more than a week I realized that both the socket connections on the server and the Comet requests made over Ajax from the device where incredibly unreliable and more than 1/2 of the messages wouldn't even get delivered to the device and users might start receiving other users messages. Once I realized that I had no choice but to pull the application from the catalog which I immediately did and Palm approved that two days later ad it is no longer available in the app catalog. I then contacted the Developer Community Manager at Palm trying to find a way to provide refunds. As you may or may not know all of the money processing is handled by Palm, I don't have a list of which users bought my app or any of their credit card information so I have no way of providing refunds without Palm. Chuq (the Community Manager) looked into it but unfortunately Palm does not have a system for providing refunds and they have only done it one or two times and don't want it to become a regular thing so they will not provide people refunds and if they don't I don't have any of the information required to make them. As far as future development goes there are only two things that will make it possible for an update, Palm will eventually release an update to webOs that allows for PDK apps developed by regular developers which will allow for socket connections and I will then be able to update the app. Or Facebook will have to release a Facebook Connect library for webOs but that seems incredibly unlikely as Facebook hasn't said anything about development of this. I'm very sorry to the people who purchased the application and I would provide refunds if I was able to and I promise that once the functionality is available in the PDK I will release the update until then I am incredibly sorry too everybody that purchased the app and I make no excuses for what happaned but I do promise that the application was functional before Facebook updated the Chat system and this was not scam and as soon as I realized that it was not possible to fix this with the current available technologies I had it suspended from the app catalog.
  11.    #11  
    Well, thanks for the lengthy explanation, that is all I was really after. I understand how frustrating some of the SDK limitations have been to developers and can't fault you for what Palm hasn't provided you. I'll just play patient and wait to see what you come up with once Palm allows PDK apps into the catalog.