Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Still a bit new to Twitter but with all the hype over it I'm thinking its time to get involved. I see several different paid and free apps out there but since I'm still trying to figure it out I'm a little fuzzy on what is important. I saw one thread doing a search (yes I searched ) that discussed free apps.
    But I'm perfectly willing to pay for a quality app especially since the prices are so reasonable for just about all of them.
    So for all the twitter experts and gurus out there, what do you like the best? What features do you have that make the one you use the best?
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    tweed
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    tweed because it has been there since launch day... not free anymore thou
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    tweed. twee's organization is good but i like being able to choose larger font in tweed.
    i'd say twee

used it since i have my pre, organization is great. tested spaz and tweed (all free or demos because we don't have the paid versions yet) but twee was the best as far as i'm concerned
    Twee , thats whay I use

tested spax and tweed and bad kitty....

of all of them, bad kitty has the most features...but a bit cumbersome to use in my opinion

Twee is the best
    TweeFree

It's free, and it is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Twee , thats whay I use

tested spax and tweed and bad kitty....

of all of them, bad kitty has the most features...but a bit cumbersome to use in my opinion

Twee is the best
    Man, I would totally disagree.

Bad kitty is nothing but looks... I like it, and it gets updated often, but feature wise its still lacking.

Tweed runs train on every other app. Its smooth, fast, feature rich.

Twee is ugly :<
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Are all these programs of twitter have notifications?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I use Twee, but then again I don't post very often.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    twee&tweed are both very feature-packed. they are stocked with integration to different twitter services, particularly twee.

their feature sets are of similar size with a few unique to each.

they are both clumsy and ugly however. the navigation and UI elements can be far from intuitive at worst.

I also find tweed's multiple account management to be just slightly worse than twee's. their implementations are just OK. nothing to write home about.

bad kitty offers a minimalist, intuitive navigation metaphor. it's sparse, large and beautiful.
    it doesn't quite offer the 'everything and the kitchen sink' mentality twee (and recently tweed) put up for consumption.

but what it does, it does very well.
    its handling of multiple accounts is fantastic and interwoven with the over-arching design and feel of the software environment as opposed to feeling like a tacked-on module as it does in twee(d).

notifications and available options are robust. oAuth integration is delicious.

are you familiar with the zune or windows phone 7 series UI? then you are 80% of the way there in terms of understanding the UI of bad kitty.

features bad kitty does not have:
    twitStocks
    twitVid
    trending&what the trend integration
    robust profile viewing

the way profiles are handled has been improved in the 1.1.3 release prepped for usa&europe in the next few days.

I whole-heartedly recommend bad kitty over twee(d).

it's worth noting tweed is on sale for 99. perhaps that is the new price?

previously all three were priced at three bucks.

twee has what the trend and stocks but not twitvid as tweed does.
    I believe twee integrates with more image services than either bad kitty or tweed.
    bad kitty does not (yet?) open images in the app itself.
    I believe twee(d) do for certain services.
    I vote for Tweed.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have Twee free. But I only use it to read the tweets from others. Works fine for me!
    i use tweefree

it has no notifications tho, but it can minify url's on the go, post pics on the go basically everything i need...

i wont really bother with notifications too much in twitter YMMV
    Ive been using Tweed since the Pre came out and I have ZERO complaints. I love the timeline marking ability because I dont like to search for where I left off reading.
    I will have to second that for Twee... I used Tweed when they first launch it but never was what I thought a Twitter should be. I seen it progress over the year of its debut but still not better than Twee...
  17.    #17  
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I downloaded the free version of Twee. Have had it for a couple days but if the truth be told I'm still having trouble with the whole twitter concept or finding just the right "fit". Will probably try the free Tweed version for a bit and then pick one to buy.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I downloaded the free version of Twee. Have had it for a couple days but if the truth be told I'm still having trouble with the whole twitter concept or finding just the right "fit". Will probably try the free Tweed version for a bit and then pick one to buy.
    I know bad kitty does not (yet?) have a trial option but I'm confident that once you try it, you will love it.

bad kitty opens to a screen with all your accounts listed and notifications under them. a tap on the respective pane will bring you that accounts navigation screen with (currently) five panes, these being:
    home (tweet timeline)
    mentions
    directs
    searches*
    lists**

a long tap on an account pane will bring you directly to that account's tweet timeline.

* you can save every search you make if so inclined.
    ** includes both lists you've created and those you follow. does not yet allow creation of lists in-app.

bad kitty has very little in the way of images as UI elements.

the two main screens (accounts & account navigation) have each function in its own pane with a beautiful font scrolling vertically but the text is aligned 90 clockwise.

notifications are robust and the app can check for updates in the background with the card closed if you so desire.

additionally, bad kitty adheres to the signature webOS mantra "just start typing."
    from almost any screen, just start typing to begin a tweet and include an image if you like.

really, it's the only twitter app that feels like a true webOS app and not something that's been (or could be) ported over from iphone or android.
    no clunky UI elements.
    no back buttons.
    just gestures.
    just start typing.
    just a tap or two at most.

edit: grammar.
    Last edited by rayln; 04/04/2010 at 02:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I paid for the full Twee app after trying TweeFree for about a day - I'm a bit of an over-tweeter...so I sprung for the full version.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Twitter with live video feeds. that would be awesome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast