Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Does anyone know why apps will occasionally go to the top of the App Catalog without an associated update? It just happened today with a ton of Gameloft games again and I've wondered why. Is it a case where if they change text in the description etc it relists? Wouldnt devs abuse this?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    When a developer updates anything about the app (description, category, price, etc), it goes to the top of the list. I suppose it could (and is/has/will be) abused but it hasn't been a big problem so far.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thanks moserjj.

I hope they eventually separate that so it only marks it updated if version number changes. Better yet, have separate links in the catalog for new items and updated ones.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    I agree, it shouldn't work like it does and I'm sure it will get changed eventually.
    I agree. If there isnt anything that registers on my Pre as needing a download to update the app, it shouldnt be pushed to the top. But Palm has to release the updates, so its probably a strategic move by Palm...releasing 1.4.1 to international markets and updating some of the highest-earning apps. You cant say that Palm doesnt need the money...!