Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 121
  1. ujsc's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    I'm anticipating it going for under $8 or $9. I will definitely be looking for Beta testers. I just need to work out some more minor kinks before putting it out. Please keep checking this thread for details on the Beta.
    Please keep me in mind for Beta testing also
  2. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
       #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    ccdoss,
    I tried the newest version and there were several contacts that didn't register in the emails from contacts section of the app after i did the folder scan. Is there a limit on the number of contacts it will show in the box? Same information for the email from flagged addresses. There also seems to be a glitch when trying to add more flagged email names to the list. just my observations so far. Love the app. Best of luck when it finally hits homebrew
    No, there is no limit to the number of emails from contacts. Are you doing the scan from the message scanner? Also, please tell me what happens when you flag an email?
  3. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
       #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Please keep me in mind for Beta testing also
    You can download it now for testing. The url is in one of the previous posts ( I can't post link because I'm posting from pre)
  4. ujsc's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #84  
    willl do is there a time limit. If so how long from initial download?
  5. #85  
    I think it is two weeks. But I believe he is constantly pushing out updates. I really like the email to calendar function. I never knew it existed but I now use it with my Outlook as well.
  6. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
       #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    willl do is there a time limit. If so how long from initial download?
    The initial time limit was two weeks, but I've extended it to four weeks. You can download it here.
  7. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
       #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    ccdoss,
    I tried the newest version and there were several contacts that didn't register in the emails from contacts section of the app after i did the folder scan. Is there a limit on the number of contacts it will show in the box? Same information for the email from flagged addresses. There also seems to be a glitch when trying to add more flagged email names to the list. just my observations so far. Love the app. Best of luck when it finally hits homebrew
    I see the flag error you mentioned. It won't take long to fix it. Please check for an update tomorrow.
  8. #88  
    Hi, ccdoss

    First, let me join those who say they'd pay good money for the auto bcc feature alone. And here's a related question: Is it possible within EC to get just the regular inbox view that you get with the native email client--i.e., all of your incoming mail, in the order of its arrival? So even if we didn't use EC's various sorting features very often, we could just, in effect, use EC as our email client, except with the addition of auto bcc?

    Sorry if this is a naive question, but in the screenshots you showed us in your first post, I didn't see any examples of a regular inbox view within EC.

    Thanks!
  9. #89  
    I wont say what you can and cant do cause Im not a programmer, but as a consumer I think your on the right track! I was a heavy duty DateBk PIM guy, and some of the things your talking about are right in line with what I believe most of us old PALM boys want! If you need testors, or support, I volunteer. I'll keep my eyes up for your work.
  10. #90  
    I don't think ccdoss was setting out to make an email program I believe he wanted to supplement the email app we have now. This program does a good job at providing addtional features that are very useful. Who knows if enough people request it he might add it to the program so we can have one stop shopping.
  11. #91  
    Is there a way to add an already opened email to the calendar? Am I missing something?
    Laissez Faire
  12. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
       #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwrighter View Post
    Hi, ccdoss

    First, let me join those who say they'd pay good money for the auto bcc feature alone. And here's a related question: Is it possible within EC to get just the regular inbox view that you get with the native email client--i.e., all of your incoming mail, in the order of its arrival? So even if we didn't use EC's various sorting features very often, we could just, in effect, use EC as our email client, except with the addition of auto bcc?

    Sorry if this is a naive question, but in the screenshots you showed us in your first post, I didn't see any examples of a regular inbox view within EC.

    Thanks!
    Hi rwrighter,
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    Actually, my initial incarnation of EC had an "all emails" list. It was scratched because I couldn't really figure out a good way for it to not be cumbersome, other than duplicating what is in the normal email app (i.e. use accounts and folders). As Marion stated, my goal isn't to necessarily supplant the native email app, but to augment it.

    That being said, I can add that back in, but:
    1. I need an elegant way to do so (that doesn't just duplicate the native app's method)
    2. It will be after I get some other things off the plate, like getting it into an actual feed and having auto scans.

    If push came to shove, I guess I could just do it the way the native app does.
  13. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
       #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Is there a way to add an already opened email to the calendar? Am I missing something?
    Prubin,
    I guess your question is somewhat related to rwrighter's question. Unless an email is from a contact, keyword, or flag, you can't really get back to it through EC. If it does fit in one of those categories, you can click on the message to bring up message view. Then you can press the calendar button to add it to the calendar.

    I guess I will have to come up with a method to view all messages. I think what I will do (so as to not duplicate the native email client's method) is have a list similar to the contacts list, but have it be from non-contacts. So, all emails will either be in the contacts list or non-contacts list. I'm thinking I will have that ready by Thursday or Friday.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    Hi rwrighter,
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    Actually, my initial incarnation of EC had an "all emails" list. It was scratched because I couldn't really figure out a good way for it to not be cumbersome, other than duplicating what is in the normal email app (i.e. use accounts and folders). As Marion stated, my goal isn't to necessarily supplant the native email app, but to augment it.

    That being said, I can add that back in, but:
    1. I need an elegant way to do so (that doesn't just duplicate the native app's method)
    2. It will be after I get some other things off the plate, like getting it into an actual feed and having auto scans.

    If push came to shove, I guess I could just do it the way the native app does.
    Yes, I think that if you could replicate the generic inbox of the native email client, that would [in addition to making me very happy ] expand the market for ED. I think there are a *lot* of pre users frustrated by the lack of auto bcc, which the iPhone has and previous palm products--e.g. my dear departed Treo 650--had. If you took this path, then EC could become known (among those frustrated users, especially) as the app that solves the auto bcc problem *and* has all these cool organizational features.

    But one question: Does the final paragraph of your answer to Prubin suggest that emails in the non-contact list would *exclude* emails in the contact list--in which case there would be no single list that replicates the entire inbox? Or am I misunderstanding? (In assessing your app, I'm handicapped by not having a Pre at the moment. I returned my Verizon Pre because of the famous GPS problem, but I'm getting a Pre from AT&T as soon as they come out, at which point I'll become one of your beta testers.)

    Thanks!
  15. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
       #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Where can I download this. The links in this thread don't seem to work. I don't see it in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    getting errors when trying to install with QuickInstall 3.12

    Any ideas?
    You can now download and install the app via Preware. You have to add a custom feed. You can name the feed what you like, but the feed url is http:[slash,slash]www[dot]theplacetob2b[dot]com .
    When adding the feed, make sure compression is off.
    Last edited by ccdoss; 05/01/2010 at 04:23 PM.
  16. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
       #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwrighter View Post
    But one question: Does the final paragraph of your answer to Prubin suggest that emails in the non-contact list would *exclude* emails in the contact list--in which case there would be no single list that replicates the entire inbox? Or am I misunderstanding? (In assessing your app, I'm handicapped by not having a Pre at the moment. I returned my Verizon Pre because of the famous GPS problem, but I'm getting a Pre from AT&T as soon as they come out, at which point I'll become one of your beta testers.)

    Thanks!
    Well, I really don't want to duplicate the native email app, but you do have a point about no single list. What I may do is have a separate scene that shows all emails. I probably will have one unified inbox though, as opposed to separating by account and folder. What do you think?
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    You can now download and install the app via Preware. You have to add a custom feed. You can name the feed what you like, but the feed url is http:[slash,slash]www[dot]theplacetob2b[dot]com .
    Why do you use a separate feed? Is that to limit use while in beta? Just curious.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    You can now download and install the app via Preware. You have to add a custom feed. You can name the feed what you like, but the feed url is http:[slash,slash]www[dot]theplacetob2b[dot]com .
    FYI, that URL isn't working for me. theplacetob2b

    Does it need soemthing else?

    The Place to B2B | A website devoted to growth, development and success of small business is what I am using. Any suggestions?
  19. #99  
    ccdoss that feed http://www.theplacetob2b.com is giving errors
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/01/2010 at 06:18 PM.
  20. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
       #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Why do you use a separate feed? Is that to limit use while in beta? Just curious.
    Not at all. The more the merrier.
    the reason I'm using a separate feed is because precentral hasn't added me as a developer. I've asked & asked, but no dice. I'm also trying to see if webos-internals will let me add it there.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions