Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    this program is the missing link for the Pre I look forward to the changes in the future development
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I beg you for this!
    Cool...it'll be in a future update...I'm thinking that the automatic BCC will be used when you use the EC mailer, but not when you use the palm mailer. I guess I could easily make it for both as well. What are your thoughts?
    all email patches still work. I can't thank you enough
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I didn't save it...can you tell me who I need to contact to have it submitted in Homebrew?
    any mod should get you in the right direction milominderbinder is the name I suggested.
    is this still in beta? sounds very promising. i will install the patch and provide feedback
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    Cool...it'll be in a future update...I'm thinking that the automatic BCC will be used when you use the EC mailer, but not when you use the palm mailer. I guess I could easily make it for both as well. What are your thoughts?
    Your app seems like something I would want anyway but the automatic BCC would put me over the edge. Here is a quote from another post I made about the automatic bcc. I have no idea how to make it work.

"I am out of the office quite a bit yet have to communicate with customers so I rely on my Pre for email. With Snappermail on my Treo 300, 600, 650, 755p, I could BCC myself so that a backup copy of all my sent correspondence to my customers was stored on my computer in my office. That way if I needed to reference an email that I sent to a customer two months ago, I could open up Outlook and there was a folder titled "Sent from Treo" which housed all my emails that I sent with my Treo. That way I did not have to keep hundreds (thousands?) of emails cluttering up the sent folder of my phone."

Half the time I forget to bcc myself since I have to manually enter it evertime.

Thanks for any help and if it cant be done this way no worries.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I was going to try the beta app but the link doesn't seem to work any more. Is it just me?
    This is one of the must have apps for the Pre!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I was going to try the beta app but the link doesn't seem to work any more. Is it just me?
    I've updated the beta to allow calendar add. Basically, this feature will allow you to add an email to the calendar for later viewing. I often do this in Outlook when I get an email asking me to do something I can't do right away (e.g. please read this report). I put it on my calendar to get to it later.

Right now, there's no way to set a reminder, and it doesn't let you know it successfully added to the calendar. I plan to make those changes on Monday (I don't work on Sundays). However, you can get the updated version here.
    Enjoy!!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    It wasn't you. I was making changes and removed the other version. You can get updated beta here.
    How do you add the email to the calendar?

Nevermind. That is a cool feature. It appears this also sets a reminder, am I correct? Can you set the time in increments of 5?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I've updated the beta to allow calendar add. Basically, this feature will allow you to add an email to the calendar for later viewing. I often do this in Outlook when I get an email asking me to do something I can't do right away (e.g. please read this report). I put it on my calendar to get to it later.

Right now, there's no way to set a reminder, and it doesn't let you know it successfully added to the calendar. I plan to make those changes on Monday (I don't work on Sundays). However, you can get the updated version here.
    Enjoy!!
    Installing now. Thank you. I totally respect you not working on Sundays!
    ccdoss I just noticed when you are reading an email in the app and you want to reply to all it takes you to the text alert screen and you have to manually input all the email addresses. Can this be set to populate the fields with the email address in the email?
    ccdoss I added the email to the calendar and that is a cool feature!! It puts the entire email in the note section. The reminder did not get set though. I set it for 11:00pm today and the reminder didn't go off. I checked the calendar and I saw the email and opened it up and there was no reminder set. In chance of incorporating that funtionality. Off topic but I went to my Outlook to see how to do that and didn't see how what are the steps in Outlook? Nevermind I figured it out. Cool feature I didn't know existed.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Just an FYI, I would install (and purchase) this app for the bcc feature ALONE!

I don't receive that many emails on my Pre as I am working in the office most of the time and my emails get cleared regularly by Outlook at the office. As such, I don't have a pile of emails to go through regularly. I do, however, respond to emails from home or on the road and I too bcc myself to ensure that I have a copy of the email on my Outlook at the office. Although the sent email is available for viewing on the webmail server, that is not nearly as useful as having it on my Outlook program at the office. I used to do this all the time with Palm OS and really really miss this option.

All of this to say that this one feature could attract a whole lot of people to this app.

As for your question, should auto-bcc apply to both the Palm mailer and EC, my answer is "YES". I need this feature to be reliable regardless of which app I choose to use when sending a reply or an original email.

Good work and I look forward to the update which includes the auto-bcc feature.
    @ccdoss is there any changes in this version and the one we worked on Saturday?
    great app so far. love the functionality. will use it throughout the week and provide feedback
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    The new Beta for EC is available here. We've added auto BCC per popular request. To access it, click "Auto BCC" from the main menu. We've also updated the add email to calendar feature to allow for reminders. Some other tweaks have been made as well. Hopefully they don't cause other problems.
    The bcc works great!! Will try out the calendar email reminders. You talked about adding this feature to the native email will that happen as well?

Great Job!!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast