Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Samsung Sets New Guinness World Record For Fastest Texting Ever, In A Commercial - Samsung swype ad - Gizmodo

what does palm/webos have to compete with the andoid phone getting swype. we should get an native optional on-screen keyboard equiped with swype!!! just my thoughts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I have an Android on Verizon & was able to signup for the beta of Swype (check out www.swype.com for videos) and IT IS AMAZING!!!!! I can type SO fast now!!!

Here's the deal, they've released code to allow developers to put this on other platforms -they just need to have people do it!!! Start having people write to Palm about the Swype testing and lets get this on our Pre's & Pixi's!!! I still have my Pre on Sprint as well and wish I had Swype on it! It has actually made me NOT want a real keyboard anymore!!!!!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ya lets do it!
    hopefully this thread gets the ball rolling. swype is the future!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    swype please!!!!!!!

bump..
    it would be great for palm to add swype....
    I find it hard to believe that the record is 50wpm. Maybe officially that's the record, but I've seen people do faster than that on a phone via other methods.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Would be neat to test!!

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Email swype at info@swypeinc.com to request it to be ported to webOS. Andriod and webOS is similar in that they both use linux, so it could be easy to port it.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    just sent an email..
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yes I use swype on my wifes omnia and it is by far the most enjoyable texting experience I have ever had. She doesn't want to switch her phones because she like swype so much. I just don't know how well it will do with the type of touch screen we have cause it seems to rely on pretty precise touchs. I mean it doesn't have to be very close to being perfect when using it, but when you use it on an omnia that has a very accurate touch screen it seems like you could tell it might have some troubles using it with the compasative touch screen.
    i made a poll asking if you want swype http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-possible.html
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    there seems to be quite a little bit of buzz around the forums regarding swype.. Wohoo!! :thmbsup:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    there seems to be quite a little bit of buzz around the forums regarding swype.. Wohoo!! :thmbsup:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-possible.html
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    here's the thing about the record: it's all bs.

this is the first attempt in the category of touchscreen mobile phone. no one else has yet to compete in this category. this entrant was the first ever. (the other categories include qwerty and t9)

here's a link to back it up:
    http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/03/22/swype-user-sets-guinness-world-record-for-texting-speed/

I'm sure you can find more info by searching other sites.
    we need a v-keyboard first and work out the bugs that that may bring on webos before we can take on swype
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    we need a v-keyboard first and work out the bugs that that may bring on webos before we can take on swype
    That's just it. Swype actually IS a virtual keyboard. It can be used normally, or with the "swype" writing that makes it so freaking cool. I agree that I could live without a real keyboard if I had swype. That's because you don't lift your finger and then wonder where the next key is.

I really loved graphiti back in the day, but that's not possible - especially on a multi-touch display that doesn't have a stylus.

Any sort of handwriting recognition might be useful, but Swype! would be better than any of those...

I don't care about the "world record" hype, I just like the way they have developed a modern approach to single-touch writing/typing.

Why your next phone could have Swype's keyboard | Cutting Edge - CNET News
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Lol how we gonna use swype and we don't have a real on screen keyboard?

yeah yeah VKB it's not that good it's to darn slow and a homebrew ...

swype for pre LOL = fail but I guess you guys can dream...

DREAMERS
    I recently found something like this that I'm using on my tablet PC, and I have to say, it is much better than a normal onscreen keyboard. However, I'm still faster on my Pre's keyboard than I am at the Swype-like app using either a pen or touch.

If it was an option on the Pre, I probably wouldn't use it. Though I could definitely see how others would want to.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    thanks for the feedback everyone. But I think cantaffordit had a good point. Swype is a vitrual keyboard. So I don't feel the argument 'we need to fix our virtual keyboard first' has any validity.
    neno=fail

EPICFAIL!
    I would use it. Nuff said, I guess.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast