1.    #1  
    It's a thread all about modern combat. What controls do you use? Sensitivity? Tips?
    I've had the game for ~20 mins now and I think the screen tap controls are the best, though they are a bit glitchy. Also they REALLY need to make you move a bit faster, with multiplayer being only 2v2 it can get slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    So far after spending a good hour with the game, both single and multiplayer combined, i gotta say i really dig it. A great sign of what we can expect out of future multiplayer games. I stick with the standard setup, i find that most comfortable for myself, unaltered sensitivity.

Campaign is decent, but multiplayer really takes the cake with this one. It's easy to find a game since there are only a max of 4 players, so games are plenty and they start up rather quickly as people can join a game in progress. Though i have found myself in a 2v2 game and the other team quit entirely so for a few seconds I was alone, but like i said people join rather quickly so it was filled up again.

So far i'd say its a good 4.5 out of 5 stars for multiplayer, single player gets an even 4 stars.
    I noticed I am able to play over the cell network. I'm on sprint. Should I point at iphone uses on AT&T and say Ha-HA!

Speaking of iphone... are the online servers linked? Are we playing online with iphone and pre users? Sweet.
    I'm kil_dan0 if any wants to play me (wow it was a pain in the *** to make a user name that was accepted ***)
    When we play with friends, do we enter their gameloft live names, or the nicks they come up with for modern combat?
    Okay, so I picked this up mostly for the multiplayer, and I have to say yet again that I'm a big sucker. I told myself after being burned over and over again that I wouldn't buy any game with an on-screen virtual control such as a d-pad or joystick, and made one more exception.

But of course, the controls suck, like always. My first thought was the second control scheme would work best, because then you don't have to be the most accurate in aiming your button presses, any tap on the right side of the screen would fire. But no, that doesn't really work, because you seem to have a 50/50 shot of whether it'll recognize wanting to make a slight move or whether you're trying to hold down the trigger. And that means that the 'left stick,' that you can use the entire left side of the screen for, drifts if you try to move it all the way in one direction. So, if you're trying to strafe left quickly, the stick position starts to drift until your thumb is off the screen. So, I went to the default controls, and you have to be more accurate in where you tap otherwise it won't fire. Still not perfect, but better.

Besides that, autoaim is ridiculous jumpy, so the cursor flies all over the place when you're trying to aim, and the Pre doesn't recognize tiny movements, so you end up having trouble making small adjustments to turn towards an enemy. And because of this, the game is completely impossible without autoaim.

Oh, and then there's the fact that the one game I attempted to play online, I always came back at the same spawn point, which meant that the other guy could just stand there and use the shotgun to immediately kill me as soon as I spawned.

Last time I make an exception to the no virtual joysticks, that's for sure.
    Dude, if youre looking for a console quality game, you need to look someplace other than the palm pre, at least until the beta devs start pumping out cool pdk stuff. Even then for the most responsive onscreen controls you will need to wait for palm to release an update that makes screen touches more responsive.

If you dont like the games on here then dont play them. Plenty of people, including myself, have a great time playing them. Sure you have some valid points, but take a lemon and make some lemonade and get used to it, use it to your own advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    Dude, if youre looking for a console quality game, you need to look someplace other than the palm pre, at least until the beta devs start pumping out cool pdk stuff. Even then for the most responsive onscreen controls you will need to wait for palm to release an update that makes screen touches more responsive.

If you dont like the games on here then dont play them. Plenty of people, including myself, have a great time playing them. Sure you have some valid points, but take a lemon and make some lemonade and get used to it, use it to your own advantage.
    I don't think I ever made a generalization to say I "don't like the games on here". I've got plenty of games, and enjoy quite a few of them. This is not one of them.

Sorry if you don't like hearing that, but the controls just suck. I'm sure it's a very good game otherwise, but I personally can't get past that. I'm fully aware that it's partly a webOS issue for the small movements. That doesn't make it any better. I don't care whose fault it is if it makes it practically unplayable.

I'm not looking for a console-quality game at all, but if I'm going to play an online shooter, I don't think it's too much to ask to not spawn in the same exact spot every time, so that the other player can camp in the spawn point. I mean, that's just multiplayer design 101.

But basically, I've just made the decision that I won't be buying any games that use onscreen virtual joysticks, or d-pads or whatever, and I made the mistake of ignoring that just once more, and am clearly stating that I feel it's a mistake for me. They're not precise enough, and there's a ton of other games that can be done without them.

As I said, I'm sure that there are those who can tolerate the controls, and if you can I'm sure it's a well-done game. But if you have any other games that use virtual joysticks or the like for controls and don't like them, don't think this is going to be any better. By the same token, I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way, and I don't think it's being unreasonable to state a negative opinion about the game in a thread about it.
    I think that until the pdk is released with support for blue tooth stacks access, where we can tap in to blue tooth controller devices, this is about the best we can expect, at least until palm updates the whole screen touch deadzone thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    I think that until the pdk is released with support for blue tooth stacks access, where we can tap in to blue tooth controller devices, this is about the best we can expect, at least until palm updates the whole screen touch deadzone thing.
    Well, luckily there's a ton of different styles of games that can be played with much simpler controls (I'd love Canabalt myself).

But I don't want to just keep reiterating my negative opinion in this thread so I'll probably take this as my leave and let those who enjoy it continue from here.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    This game is sweet, I just played an hour straight and it ran over 3G with no huccups( I'm amazed this works so well). I wonder if this is a first for online multi player F.P.S. over 3G on a sell phone? I figure at&t can do it, but they are soo stingy with their band width....sprint and gameloft just gave my pre a nice kick in the rear.......FRIGGIN SICK.....THANK YOUJJJJ
  12.    #12  
    We must be playing people on the iphone, I can't not get my *** handed to me on multiplayer.
    IMO I think gameloft should make use of the gesture area/ maybe the center button. Anyone know where to send feedback to gameloft?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    We must be playing people on the iphone, I can't not get my *** handed to me on multiplayer.
    IMO I think gameloft should make use of the gesture area/ maybe the center button. Anyone know where to send feedback to gameloft?
    LMAO.. Talk about taking the banter to the next level, eh?..