1.    #1  
    ********UPDATE********

Version 0.9.9 is now available for upgrade or purchase via the app catalog. This should fix most GPS problems, notification, update, and background changing issues.

A full changelog can be found at hiddenworldhut.com/webOS/weatherwindow

Some new features to note:
    --you can now refresh the weather from the dashboard by tapping the temperature
    --the nature theme now has night pictures
    --if you have notifications set to 'On Change' it will now notify you on a change in temperature as well as a change in the weather

There are many new themes, features, and content in the works already for the next version!

Weather Window for Palm's WebOS is your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Palm Pixi. With Weather Window, the current conditions are displayed as a theme on the background of your device, enabling you to check the latest weather at any time without an open window or dashboard.

If you'd like a dashboard however you can have one too! You can have Weather Window alert you when the weather changes! Leave the notification open or toss it away, and it will notify you when the weather changes again. This type of application is unique to webOS and would be impossible on any other device!

Weather Window has 8 Different themes to suite different tastes including four that change with the weather as well as the time: Tree, Mountain, Classic, and Fun Icons. Other four themes are Nature, Fields, Black & White, and Fantasy. All the photos were either drawn, purchased, or licensed. We have several artists lined up and are in the process of producing two more day/night themes to add soon!

If you don't know if Weather Window is for you, Check out the Lite version in the catalog and see what you think!

Get the full version

Get the lite version

Last edited by nautilusx; 04/01/2010 at 10:10 AM.
    Hidden World Hut
    Adam Carolla Network - Listen to the ACE Network for free from anywhere!
    Glad Thats Not Me - Handily aggregates FML, TFLN, MLIA, and tons more content!
    Glad Thats Not Me Lite - GTNM Free!
    Gossip Fix - Easily view 10 of the most popular celebrity news sites today!
    Gossip Fix Lite - Gossip Fix Free!
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Weather Window Lite - Simply weather - for Free
    The link to the "Lite Version in the Catalog" just sends you to the full version.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Just purchased, great app!!!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The link to the "Lite Version in the Catalog" just sends you to the full version.
    Muahahahaha!

Just kidding, thanks for letting me know. Fixed it!
    Hidden World Hut
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    I bought the app...like it but it won't send notifications nor change my background. I have to hit the update button manually. I set it to update every 30 min and it did not work. I tried the default 2 hrs and still never notified me. Any thoughts?
    It won't send notifications unless the weather changes and not all backgrounds change. The tree and mountains change with the weather and sunrise/sunset.
    Even if you set it to notify of updates as well?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I have it set to update every 30 minutes, had it on tree. No changes since 1:30pm this afternoon. Just switched it to mountain and it automatically updated.....

Love the app, hope these small bugs can be fixed and updated ASAP, my favorite weathre app and have been showing it off lately!!

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Excellent combination of the best features of Weatherman and Weather Dashboard + a one-of-a-kind sunrise/sunset feature + beautiful themes. I have had no trouble with updates, and I use the 30-min schedule and tree theme. In fact, it even kept the update schedule after reset. I am not using the auto-locate feature for GPS and originally set my location via city name, though I look forward to trying this out when I'm on the road next. It's been my experience that the current conditions and forecast are as reliable and accurate as any.

The Help Topics are helpful in explaining a good bit of the features. I've beta-tested from the beginning and am impressed with developer's attention to detail, openness to ideas, and prompt responsiveness--great job Nautilusx!

I don't miss having radar; if I think I need it I pop open Weather Channel's terrific radar.

I am hoping to see severe weather alerts integrated someday, as well as a subtle display for current temp overlaying the background.
    Very nice app, but a little expensive at this time for what it does. $2.99 for a weather app? I know it changes the wallpaper to match the "weather" but unless they were able to put the temp., hi/lo, and such on the wallpaper as well, it seems a little steep. Maybe they will lower it later in the life cycle?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashdude1971 View Post
    I bought the app...like it but it won't send notifications nor change my background. I have to hit the update button manually. I set it to update every 30 min and it did not work. I tried the default 2 hrs and still never notified me. Any thoughts?
    mamouton is correct that it will not send notifications on update if you have notifications set to 'on change' and the weather has not changed. if you have it on 'on update' however it should notify you no problem on every update. the weather also may not greatly change on some days, and on those days it may just stay the same all day (save day and night).

hope this helps, let me know if its still having issues or if this does not address them
    Hidden World Hut
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    I have it set to update every 30 minutes, had it on tree. No changes since 1:30pm this afternoon. Just switched it to mountain and it automatically updated.....

Love the app, hope these small bugs can be fixed and updated ASAP, my favorite weathre app and have been showing it off lately!!
    Thanks

There is a bug fix release that will be available asap (next week)

i added a whole bunch of error handling and its a little overactive for this version. thanks everyone for your patience.
    Hidden World Hut
    Good to hear the new bug fix update is coming because my app is not updating correctly either. But tonight, my Tree background did change from day to night with no issues.
  14.    #14  
    I am sorry to hear that but do rest assured there is a fix coming! Any features you'd like to see added, or themes?
    Hidden World Hut
  15.    #15  
    Here is the full changelog:

• Fixed issue with notifications not appearing when background changing is off
    • GPS now has 45 seconds to aquire location
    • Removed autoLocate because it does not fuction correctly in webOS 1.4 (will return at a later date)
    • If the update is going to take longer than 15 seconds, it will show a dashboard notifying user of update (1.4 problem)
    • If google services are off or does not find your city correctly, a second city lookup method is used
    • Overactive error handling is toned down
    • Weather forecast for current day is displayed as 'today' instead of day name
    • Alarm is set at beginning of update cycle, so if there is an error in updating, it will still have another scheduled update
    • Notification settings will no longer flip flop from 'onChange' to 'onUpdate'
    • If there is a problem updating, a notification will alert the user
    • Fixed issue of app not storing last update time properly
    • App will now notify user if there is a change in temperature as well as change in the weather (and notify is set to 'on change')
    • Tapping the temperature in a notification (dashboard) will refresh the weather right from there!
    • Gps will now use a stored location up to 15 minutes old if a valid signal cannot be found in the required time
    • Added night pictures to the 'Nature' theme!
    Hidden World Hut
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    awesome, cant't wait for this update to land....
  17.    #17  
    The update is in! Everyone get it while its hot. Please, please let me know if you have any issues so i can get started on them right away.

Thanks to everyone thats helped get the first round of bugs out

Also any theme ideas or pictures would be very greatly appreciated.
    Hidden World Hut
  18.    #18  
    New lite version now in the catalog!

the newer lite version now allows day / night switching for the tree theme and fixes the gps, and connection error issues in the prior release.

go and get it!
    Hidden World Hut
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I've been enjoying the Nature theme--thanks for adding in the night shots. That last update has made WW rock-solid for me. What's next?
    i am having issues where this app does not update correctly, despite good signal, or good wireless, and only updates with manual location entry, so i have to enter my location everytime i want to update! I have emailed several times regarding this but have heard nothing back. PLEASE ADVISE. Very dissapointed.