1.    #1  
    anyone tried it yet it's in the catalog
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    downloading right now
    anyone have any input yet? I almost bought it last night, i'd really like to hear about it first

EDIT - well i gave in and downloaded it.. effing awesome, well worth the money.. the controls are a little hard to get use to but after about 20 min. of play (includes a training course in the beginning also) i have them down pretty well.. i only played the first mission of the single player, storyline seems interesting so far, can't wait to play the entire campaign.. cut scenes are awesome too.. the multiplayer is very fun, no lag what-so-ever on a wifi connection.. i highly recommend for anyone that's a fan of gameloft or fps games

Last edited by klubhead; 03/26/2010 at 09:25 AM.
    Just bought Modern Combat but only played a little online. Online is 2v2. A user review stated that online consists of both iPhone and Pre users which would make sense since there were at least 30 active games going. So far no lag online. In the games I played, the gun auto-aims to enemies but the loading screen shows that auto-aim can be disabled when the game is being setup. Seems fun so far, I'm going to play through the campaign to get a better understanding of the controls before I go back online.
    Yesssss! Relieved to hear this is good, it looked awesome from the shots and its multi-player!!

downloading now.
    Hidden World Hut
    Adam Carolla Network - Listen to the ACE Network for free from anywhere!
    Glad Thats Not Me - Handily aggregates FML, TFLN, MLIA, and tons more content!
    Glad Thats Not Me Lite - GTNM Free!
    Gossip Fix - Easily view 10 of the most popular celebrity news sites today!
    Gossip Fix Lite - Gossip Fix Free!
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Weather Window Lite - Simply weather - for Free
    I have a question, when I was looking at the screenshots I noticed theres only one joystick, but how do you look around and move at the same time?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I have a question, when I was looking at the screenshots I noticed theres only one joystick, but how do you look around and move at the same time?
    You swipe around in the open area (where there aren't any buttons).
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    You swipe around in the open area (where there aren't any buttons).
    Seems like your thumb would get away when you're trying to turn...
    I have been playing this and it is AWESOME!!! I just have one serious problem. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get past level 4 -Extraction. It's the one in the palace. I get all the way up to where it tells you to "Help Fox on the right" The arrow points me up there, but as soon as I get there it ends...Palace was destroyed. I take out 4 (if I remember right) tanks before I get up there so the previous area is clear. I have tried the level probably 50 times with the same result. I gave it to my 9 year old (who is a wiz at these things) and he too gets the same result. How the heck do you get through this level?
    I'm glad I downloaded this game, it's pretty good. I actually like it better than 'Brothers In Arms'. Sandstorm is by far the best first person shooter for the Pre right now, IMO.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    I have been playing this and it is AWESOME!!! I just have one serious problem. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get past level 4 -Extraction. It's the one in the palace. I get all the way up to where it tells you to "Help Fox on the right" The arrow points me up there, but as soon as I get there it ends...Palace was destroyed. I take out 4 (if I remember right) tanks before I get up there so the previous area is clear. I have tried the level probably 50 times with the same result. I gave it to my 9 year old (who is a wiz at these things) and he too gets the same result. How the heck do you get through this level?
    I passed that level, took me a while though. You gotta make sure you keep killing everyone before they destroy the palace. Throw grenades and flash grenades to slow them down, and of course make sure no tanks are hiding behind the trees (sometimes hard to see) and they do a lot of damage to the palace.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I passed that level, took me a while though. You gotta make sure you keep killing everyone before they destroy the palace. Throw grenades and flash grenades to slow them down, and of course make sure no tanks are hiding behind the trees (sometimes hard to see) and they do a lot of damage to the palace.
    Thanks PreGk. I tried from the start of that level so many times I forgot. I tried every variation I could (gernades, rocket laucher ect.) Sorry for the spelling. But I then decided to upgrade to the 800 mhz patch (too tempting after the reviews here at percentral) and I can't say that that did it, but sure enough after my second try I passed it!!! I thought I had a flawed down load. And this one is better than Brothers in Arms (which I have beat 4 times now...not to brag), just wondering why this one was so much smoother and easier, yet I could not get past this level. The game did seem more responsive and my guy could react quicker. Not saying for sure if the patch is what did it, but I finally passed that mofo!!! Now I'm getting ready for you spawn camper a-holes online. Anyone, add me as a friend...hmch
    How are your phones running with this game and the 800 patch? is it getting hot?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    How are your phones running with this game and the 800 patch? is it getting hot?
    Mine seems to actually run more fluid. I have only played Modern Combat (have not tried Brothers in Arms or other 3D games I have) since the patch. The controls seem much smoother and quicker.

I have not noticed a heat difference. When I get sucked into these games, I sometimes will plug the phone into the charger and play for extended periods of time. Before the patch it would get pretty hot. After...yes it gets hot, but it does not seem like any hotter than it use to get.

EDIT; Just tried Brothers in Arms...it too seems to run much smoother. Does not hiccup near as much. Makes the game so much funner to play.
    Last edited by HMCH; 03/29/2010 at 10:51 AM.