Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    So far I'm only aware of two terminal applications, and both of them lock up my Pre when I try to start them. Are there any others? That work?

I need to be able to access the terminal so I can ssh into my server to restart it when I'm on the road...
    have you tried terminus? (found in preware)
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    have you tried terminus? (found in preware)
    He mentioned two apps (terminal and terminus).

Terminus doesn't work well because there aren't several keys that are active, most notably <, |, and >. At least these three I need and don't have in Terminus
    What feed is Terminus in? I have it installed on my Pre, and wanted to install it in the emulator, but it doesn't show up even in the list of everything.
    i had problems with terminal causing my phone to reboot. i havent had any issues with terminus so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    What feed is Terminus in? I have it installed on my Pre, and wanted to install it in the emulator, but it doesn't show up even in the list of everything.
    webosinternals "pre" feed

I didn't find it on the "emulator" feed

But... why do you want it on the emulator? just connect to it with novaterm
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    webosinternals "pre" feed

I didn't find it on the "emulator" feed

But... why do you want it on the emulator? just connect to it with novaterm
    I haven't had much luck with novaterm on Windows. (I finally realized I had to download it separately). The clipboard never seems to work with it either (Windoze only). My linux box doubles as my Windows box, so it's not always convenient to reboot when I get the itch to do some development.
    I haven't had much luck with novaterm on Windows. (I finally realized I had to download it separately). The clipboard never seems to work with it either (Windoze only). My linux box doubles as my Windows box, so it's not always convenient to reboot when I get the itch to do some development.
    Well, you could just run the sdk inside a Linux running under Virtualbox, and send the usb device to the Virtualbox machine

I use Linux, and so I can use novaterm with no problems at all.. hehehe

Under windows, as you say, there can be problems... that's why I don't use it
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, you could just run the sdk inside a Linux running under Virtualbox, and send the usb device to the Virtualbox machine
    You know, I did consider doing that last night. I can't remember if I have ever tried to install VirtualBox inside a VirtualBox.. Would that be kind of like pointing your video camera at the video monitor?
    You know, I did consider doing that last night. I can't remember if I have ever tried to install VirtualBox inside a VirtualBox.. Would that be kind of like pointing your video camera at the video monitor?
    mmm... no, no, I was assuming you have Windows as your main OS

You install Virtualbox, and Linux with the SDK inside it, assign the palm USB device to the Virtualbox machine, and use it to communicate with the Pre.

I've never tried virtualbox inside virtualbox
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    i had problems with terminal causing my phone to reboot. i havent had any issues with terminus so far.
    Terminus worked fine for a few days, but now every time I fire it up I can type 2 or 3 characters then it freezes up the whole phone -- I have to remove the battery to reboot it.

Terminal instantly freezes the phone as it tries to load the window.

All in all very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    terminal is broken with 1.4? always freezes up... i haven't tried terminus yet
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1