Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1.    #1  
    Wifi Media Sync is now available in the App Cat via Web Distribution!

Easily sync all your files directly to your Pre from your Windows PC via Wi-fi. Click the link below to open the App Cat!.

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    link says

The application is not currently available. Please try again later
    I'm also getting a truck load of fail on that link.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    It is available in appscoop.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I just spoke with our Palm rep and she informed me that there is a bug that is affecting new apps that were submitted within a specific timeframe...I'll update this thread as soon as I hear that Wifi Media Sync is available again...
    Oh man, this doesn't do 2-way sync? Still waiting for a program that lets me back up my pictures to my comp wirelessly while I sleep.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e_rocm View Post
    Oh man, this doesn't do 2-way sync? Still waiting for a program that lets me back up my pictures to my comp wirelessly while I sleep.
    Palm -- are you listening? I don't care if it is WIFI or BlueTooth.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Looks like it is available again. Anyone try it?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I really want to try this, but I don't know if I want to spend $10 on it. I used the sftp patch for a while and it was cool in concept, but was kind of janky and unreliable. Does anybody know how well this works?
    Well, I spent the ten 9.99 on this and it seems to set up and run fine. So far I can send files from the PC to the PRE and it makes a directory WifiMediaSync on the media portion on the PRE where everything is stored.

I just can't seem to figure out how to get it to go the other way. I would really like to be able to select numerous dir's on the PRE such as Amazon, DCIM etc. and have them backed up on the PC. Then a way to restore them back right where they had came from. So far I can only go from the PC. I might be missing something here.

The file transfer is very fast.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Well, I spent the ten 9.99 on this and it seems to set up and run fine. So far I can send files from the PC to the PRE and it makes a directory WifiMediaSync on the media portion on the PRE where everything is stored.

I just can't seem to figure out how to get it to go the other way. I would really like to be able to select numerous dir's on the PRE such as Amazon, DCIM etc. and have them backed up on the PC. Then a way to restore them back right where they had came from. So far I can only go from the PC. I might be missing something here.

Yea, it works well, but you cant pick what files you want to sync (as far as I can tell) and can't sync FROM Pre to PC.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post

Thanks for everybody's feedback!

PC to Phone: rocks! We'll add in individual file syncing in a future release

Phone to PC: We can add support to allow you to choose a specific file to upload/sync to your PC (does anyone want this?), but until palm exposes an API to allow us to read actual directories we won't be able to truly 'sync'...
    ...I'll look through the PDK and see if offers any other angle..
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Thanks for everybody's feedback!

PC to Phone: rocks! We'll add in individual file syncing in a future release

Phone to PC: We can add support to allow you to choose a specific file to upload/sync to your PC (does anyone want this?), but until palm exposes an API to allow us to read actual directories we won't be able to truly 'sync'...
    ...I'll look through the PDK and see if offers any other angle..
    Great support!
    I'd love to be able to send files to the PC. Of course, sending my whole photo directory would be easier, but sending file by file is a good start. Any chance we can select directories for WHERE we want to upload to the PC? I.E.- c:\photos, D:\videos ,etc etc.

P.S.- Can you also make the PC client "refresh" on its own, so we don't have to click "refresh database"
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Great support!
    I'd love to be able to send files to the PC. Of course, sending my whole photo directory would be easier, but sending file by file is a good start. Any chance we can select directories for WHERE we want to upload to the PC? I.E.- c:\photos, D:\videos ,etc etc.

P.S.- Can you also make the PC client "refresh" on its own, so we don't have to click "refresh database"
    file by file is very possible, we'll throw in on the enhancement list.

pc client refreshing: Yeah, you'll see that by the 1.5 release. Anyone that saw early screenshots of the PC client would remember there was checkbox to have WMS to auto refresh at a given interval. We pulled the feature to focus on the core components of the app...

Anyone having any issues? PM me if you are!
  15.    #15  
    We will be submitting Wifi Media Sync to Palm to appear in the App Cat, so expect to see WMS in the Catalog by mid April (it's been taking approx. 2 weeks for an app to be approved...)

For those of you that can't wait until then, WMS will still be availabe via this Web Distro link: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Remember to send me your feedback and contact me if you have any issues!
    Count me in with those hoping for 2-way directory-based sync-ing! It'd be great not to ever have to se the cable to get new stuff onto my home PC again: new pix, new Amazon songs, new files from whatever other sources, new videos from the video-camera, etc.

thanks!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    dang'd. Got all excited for naught. Some of us have a completely Windows-free household with one lonely Mac mini which has no media.
    Is it possible to do evolve the platform to leverage a SSH connection instead of the .NET transport? Something to consider
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    dang'd. Got all excited for naught. Some of us have a completely Windows-free household with one lonely Mac mini which has no media.
    Is it possible to do evolve the platform to leverage a SSH connection instead of the .NET transport? Something to consider
    We would love to port Wifi Media Sync to Mac and Linux, we just need people in the community to speak up!! Let your voice be heard!!
  19.    #19  
    Wifi Media Sync is now available in the App Cat! Cheers!
    Is there any chance for a Mac version?
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast