Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    infamousdutch I was wondering after reading a post about bluetooth transfer is there a way to setup wifi media sync to sync from Pre to Pre. Scenario two people are in Starbucks or where ever and want to share files both have wifi media sync loaded on pre but since the wifi is hosted by someone else it may or may not be on a pc. Is there a way that wifi sync can sniff for other Pre's and see it has wifi media sync and be able to send and recieve files if the users so choose? I think that would be an awesome idea if possible. I don't know if it has been asked in this thread already I had a wondering and decided to post it. That would bring something new to the Pre. Thanks for you work on this.
    any updates for being able to browse folders to sync from phone to pc? i used the backup utility but now I need to find that file to send to my pc to save
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    If you cannot connect, these are the usual suspects:

1.) Make sure you are connected to your Wifi network...

2.) Firewall: Which firewall are you using? If you are using a third party firewall, then you may have to manual configure a "rule" to allow the PC client to receive incoming connections from your phone. Some users have had up to 4 firewalls installed on their PC without even knowing it, so you may want to review any security software that you may have installed.

3.) Tether apps: Do you have a tether app installled on your phone, besides Mobile Hotspot? If so, these are known to muck up your phone's routing tables. Check out this link for more info.

Forums webOS • View topic - LAN access

Still having problems? Contact us at appsupport@8bitdev.com
    I changed my subnet address to "1" and it works fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real jonezen View Post
    When I hit connect on my phone nothing happens. I have checked my IP addresss using IPconfig. I can not get the 64 bit drivers to install. I installed the 32 bit drivers first and when I go to install the 64 bit one it says I have to install the 32 bit ones. I am running windows 7 64 bit.
    sounds like you found a solution. I had the same issue .

Here is a link to the 32bit sql server compact sp2

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...g=en&FamilyID=...

Then download the sql server compact for 64 bit provided on their download page.
    I would love to see a Linux version. I don't have any windows or mac computers and I would love to use this app but it is of no use until there is a linux version! Thanks.
    Tried to find the answer in the pages i swear but:

Can one PC sync with 2 different Pre's?
    Yes, but I think you are charged for the phone's software - not the desktop's software. So you'd have to buy a 2nd license for your other phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Yes, but I think you are charged for the phone's software - not the desktop's software. So you'd have to buy a 2nd license for your other phone.
    Sounds fair.
    Is there a user's guide for wifi media sync? I understand that there is really not that much to it, but I think I am missing something. I was able to get my PC connected to my Pre and I was able to send music files to my Pre. My questions are: I like to put the mp3 files for ringtones in the "ringtones" folder on my pre. Is there a way to select which folder it will sync with on the Pre instead of just putting it on the usb drive itself? And correct me if I am wrong, but this is supposed to be a "sync" right, which I thought means it would make it so that the folder on the PC and the folder on the Pre contain the exact same files. Is that not the way it works??
    I would like to see this be a true sync application, in its current form it does not work so well for me. I can copy all my files to the Pre easily enough. But once my files are there I need to be able to update them. This program will not do that, without re-syncing EVERY FILE. I have 5,000 files, I can't do that every time. I have documents that I just want to update. I could manually sync the specific files, but I have to scroll through 5,000 files to find the specific files. If there was a search option that would possibly work... It would be great if this were a true sync app that would add/update/delete files, but if not possibly there could be tools to get around this limitation, such as a search feature to pick files or possibly an option to sync selected folders instead of files.

I have tried to do everything I can think of, even delete the document folder on the Pre using internalz and removed the folders on the pc client, refreshed, and add the folders again, refreshed and it will not put the folder back on the Pre.

Is there a way for customers to contact with questions or ideas besides this forum? The links through the app catalog just go to a web page with no links.

I do appreciate the hard work that went into this app and am sure it is not easy, so thanks for the app and I hope to see more features added.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 07/13/2010 at 02:06 AM.
  11.    #171  
    The Pre relies on a media database to organize different file types (music, video, pics, docs). This allows you to drop files into any folder on the device and be able to just open the associated app of choice and the files are available.

So, once you have synced your music to your phone, just open up the sounds and ringtones app and browse your ringtones...you should see all your music there!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    infamousdutch I was wondering after reading a post about bluetooth transfer is there a way to setup wifi media sync to sync from Pre to Pre. Scenario two people are in Starbucks or where ever and want to share files both have wifi media sync loaded on pre but since the wifi is hosted by someone else it may or may not be on a pc. Is there a way that wifi sync can sniff for other Pre's and see it has wifi media sync and be able to send and recieve files if the users so choose? I think that would be an awesome idea if possible. I don't know if it has been asked in this thread already I had a wondering and decided to post it. That would bring something new to the Pre. Thanks for you work on this.
    Wifi Media Sync, in theory, should work over BT...it's been awhile since I've done anything with BT, but as long as you connect to a BT network you can address a node using the assigned network address...so, in theory, if you connected your phone to your laptop's bluetooth network, you should be able to sync using wifi media sync...

Has anybody tried this yet?
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Is it possible to add an option to create profiles similar to this app:
    A little glimpse of the new connect screen in Wifi Media Sync 1.6 phone client...profiles included...depending on timelines (and Palm..) this update may see the light of day within the next week, or may get bumped as the 1.7 update maybe more appropriate...

FYI: Hey gang, just for the record, we are not ignoring this thread, we have been extremely busy working on the 2.0 spec for Wifi Media Sync in anticipation of the next update...what will be included in the 2.0 update? Well, you'll just have to wait and see...

Some Bugs:
    Wifi Media Sync cannot properly upload files larger than ~170 mb, this should be resolved in version 2.0 of the pc client and phone client.

Album Art not displaying for some albums: We are looking into this: originally we thought this had something to do with the 1.4 update that broke downloaded pics from displaying properly, but that was just part of the problem, and this bug requires further investigation.

Invalid Password Error when Settings Window is closed: We have identified the bug and it will be patched by the next pc client update. The known workaround for this issue is to keep the Settings Window open, or close the settings window by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner.

Thanks goes out to all posters to this thread!!

Thoughts on plugins/addons for the pc clients?
    Playlist importer/creator?
    file manager?
    avi-to-mp4 converter?
    wms-to-mp3 converter?
    Daily Scanning of new files/Refreshing the database?
    Ideas, gang, we are looking for ideas and feedback!

Once 2.0 is complete, we will be revisiting a lot of requests we see in this forum:
    Apple client?
    Linux client?
    Os/2 Warp client?
    Windows for Workgroups client (1.3.1)?
    OS 400 client?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Add one more request for a mac/unix compatible version.
    Is there a "how to" on this program somewhere? I'm trying to sync some pic files from my pc to the phone but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I have the app open on the pc and the app open on my phone and can select files from my phone to sync to the pc...just can't figure out how to go the other way!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

16.    #176  
    what version are you running?
    you need version 1.5 or higher of the phone client and the pc client installed.

uploading files to your pc is straight forward and is done from the phone client...once you have connected to your pc you should see a menu option to upload...contact me if you continue to have issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Is there a "how to" on this program somewhere? I'm trying to sync some pic files from my pc to the phone but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I have the app open on the pc and the app open on my phone and can select files from my phone to sync to the pc...just can't figure out how to go the other way!
    Does the desktop client always get updated when the webOS client is updated? If not it would be really helpful on the web page for the desktop client download to state the latest version number.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    what version are you running?
    you need version 1.5 or higher of the phone client and the pc client installed.

uploading files to your pc is straight forward and is done from the phone client...once you have connected to your pc you should see a menu option to upload...contact me if you continue to have issues.
    I finally got it figured out...the pics I wanted to sync to my phone weren't in the folder I thought they were so the button to sync was greyed out...thanks for putting this out!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    Add one more request for a mac/unix compatible version.
    These days I use Ubuntu Linux almost exclusively - so +1...
    Latest update is in the app catalog now with profile support.
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast