Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    you have to delete the itunes stuff first because MediaSycn is using a different directory.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    My phone's storage is almost completely full due mostly to pictures and videos. I would like to sync those folders on my Pre over WiFi to a folder on my PC. Periodically I will go through the folder on my PC and MOVE (not copy) old photo/video files to my Linux-based ReadyNAS server (which gets backed up automatically).

So once I move the files out of the synced folder on my PC, will it automatically get removed (deleted) from my Pre on the next WiFi sync with my PC? That would actually be the desired behavior.

Here is the test case:

1. Add a file to Media Sync folder on the Pre by taking a photo
      (I am assuming you can designate any folder on the Pre as a media sync photo, e.g., /media/internal/DCIM. This way after snapping a photo it would automatically get stored into /media/internal/DCIM on the Pre)
    2. Sync with Pre
    3. Remove the photo file from Media Sync folder on PC
    4. Sync with the Pre

Question: Will the photo file still be on the Pre?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talalal View Post
    Is it possible to backup the DCIM folder with one click or is it necessary to select each photo individually/ transfer the dcim folder using Internalz?

Keep up the good work
    BUMP
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    when I shut down windows seven I get a message that wifi media is still running, with an option to force the program closed.
    ditto
    NOTE: If you don't have .NET Framework installed, and you click on the installer's button to take you to the Microsoft .NET Framework web page, you will be on the version 4.0 page... WiFi Media Sync uses version 3.5 .NET Framework. Be sure to download the appropriate version!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    why so complicated. Look into you Contol Panel at Installed Programs.
    worked great
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    I have just installed this. I have 9 gigs of music on my Pre - I had originally synced it with the version of iTunes that supported it. If I, using the desktop client, select the folder that contains my iTunes music on the PC, will Wi-Fi Media Sync "know" that the music files are already synced (sunc?) or will it try to put all of the music on to the Pre again as if it was the first time that music had been placed there?
    There's an option on the Windows client to "manual sync files", which allows you to say, "hey, I synced all the files that are currently in these folders, however I want you to track any new files and queue them up to be synced to my phone"

Does that answer your question?
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    BUMP
    One click is coming!....However, you currently have to select each file manually.
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    My phone's storage is almost completely full due mostly to pictures and videos. I would like to sync those folders on my Pre over WiFi to a folder on my PC. Periodically I will go through the folder on my PC and MOVE (not copy) old photo/video files to my Linux-based ReadyNAS server (which gets backed up automatically).

So once I move the files out of the synced folder on my PC, will it automatically get removed (deleted) from my Pre on the next WiFi sync with my PC? That would actually be the desired behavior.

Here is the test case:

1. Add a file to Media Sync folder on the Pre by taking a photo
      (I am assuming you can designate any folder on the Pre as a media sync photo, e.g., /media/internal/DCIM. This way after snapping a photo it would automatically get stored into /media/internal/DCIM on the Pre)
    2. Sync with Pre
    3. Remove the photo file from Media Sync folder on PC
    4. Sync with the Pre

Question: Will the photo file still be on the Pre?
    Wifi Media Sync will not delete any files from your phone.
    Are there some more detailed instructions of the features, buttons, and what they do and how they interact anywhere (mainly those in the desktop client)?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Are there some more detailed instructions of the features, buttons, and what they do and how they interact anywhere (mainly those in the desktop client)?
    also, I have not seen any 'how-to' on this. I know 2.00 is practically free (considering it started out at 10.00), but if I won't use it, I don't want to spend even 2.00.

So ... a 'quick star't or this is how you install/set-up' would be much appreciated.

(on my laptop I run Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit on a wireless network)
    ok im trying to sync my music to my phone but it wont do anything when i push the connect button ?? any ideas what im doing wrong anyone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Anybody able to sync and open Word and Excel documents to the Pre without crashing it when you open them from Docs To Go?
    Hey infamous dutch: Is it possible to browse folders on pre and move files with wifi sync?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    just got downloaded this app and it was super easy to install, i thought i would have problems but its really easy,you download the software and it tells you what ip address to enter on your phone and then you connect, then you choose what files to be sent, nice app!
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok im trying to sync my music to my phone but it wont do anything when i push the connect button ?? any ideas what im doing wrong anyone
    What type of firewall are you running?
    If it's not Microsoft Firewall, I would check your firewall settings, PM me if you need additional assistance.
    I have been trading emails with the dev Eric today (btw, he has been great and responding to my questions). Anyway, I am having issues getting a connection to work. It looks like the PC client installed fine. When I enter my IP address and password into the app on my Pre, and hit 'Connect' nothing happens. No spinning wheel, nothing.

I am running Windows 7 on my Mac via Parallels Desktop. The dev mentioned that he has other clients using the tool through a virtual machine.

Is there anyone on this forum running Windows via Parallels Desktop who can provide hints/tips so I can get the app to work?
    Also, another bump and request for a true Mac client
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast