Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    What are the file type limitations? Is it ONLY visual media, pictures and video, for example? Can that be expanded to cover other types of files?

Can target folders on the desktop be aligned with target folders/locations on the Pre?

I did not see the ability to sync individual files from the Pre to the PC, I know that has been requested and is possible in spite of the built in limitations. Is this possible yet?

When do you foresee a complete 2 way sync capability?
    Just wondering.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    This looks like an interesting app. How about offering some type of Trial version? What does the $10 give us in terms of upgrades, a year, lifetime or something else?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    This looks like an interesting app. How about offering some type of Trial version? What does the $10 give us in terms of upgrades, a year, lifetime or something else?
    Wifi Media Sync is a one time purchase and you get all the updates, like 2-way sync which is coming soon, as well as the ability to install the PC client software on unlimited desktops and laptops...oh, and it's 40% off on sale right now!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Just wondering.
    You can sync ALL file types! However, Palm only supports certain audio and video formats, so your pirated DIVX collection of Small Wonder will not run on the Pre, but Wifi Media Sync will transfer it

All files are stored on the media partition in the WifiMediaSync folder.

2-way media sync is coming!!! Screenshots next week!!!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    You can sync ALL file types! However, Palm only supports certain audio and video formats, so your pirated DIVX collection of Small Wonder will not run on the Pre, but Wifi Media Sync will transfer it

All files are stored on the media partition in the WifiMediaSync folder.

2-way media sync is coming!!! Screenshots next week!!!
    Thanks for the update, I must have not clicked the "look for more files" button, or something. Nice product, no doubt, and 2-way will be great!

Hopefully, sync can eventually support more folders than the wifimediasync folder, to avoid having to move files around.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I'm sure you did this because of me!!
    But - still isn't working. As per my e-mails, it connects but does not transfer anything.
    I think both your e-mail as well as your message center here have been down for several days now - Contact me so we can either get it working or or for a refund.

Thanks!

I just tested connecting my PC to my Palm Pre Plus using mobile hotspot, and using Wifi Media Sync to Sync files to my PC and it worked!

Contact me if you need help with this!
    hi, just looking through the thread..im pretty sure there were close to if not 30 people on the mac side wanting a client. I think you also need to think that not everyone on this site is aware of this thread. And everyone with a mac and a pre doesnt use this site (though they should) I think you should (if you havn't already) get to work on the mac version as you have a lot of us as "guaranteed buyers" (and the sale is on..)

Also if when the 2 way syncing is in place. (i think i will only use the app to back up my pre tbh) could you work with the webos internal guys...with their backup app and stuff so app data, as well as the list of apps and patches etc installed, and a restore function.
  8.    #108  
    2-way syncing is enroute, however kel101, do not expect to see a "full drive copying" available anytime soon. We do not expect to have Palm give us direct access to file I/O, however, you can expect to see the ability to fully backup the "media" partition hopefully by the end of this year.

For now, the latest version of Wifi Media Sync's PC (1.5) client has be deployed for download. This version allows for 2-way syncing!!! The update to the WebOS version of Wifi Media Sync (1.5) is currently being reviewed, and should be deployed within the next two weeks. This version allows for manual 2-way syncing of data back to your PC, but it supports the ability to queue up files ahead of time and sync them later (i.e. you must select the files to upload to your PC...). Think of this as a intermediate step to getting to automated syncing. Once Palm gives us I/O to the media partition, it's game on!
    I updated to the 1.5 on my Pre+, works like a charm with pics. The only thing I will need the usb cable for is extracting Classic backup files and Save/Restore files!
    Sweet app, well worth the $5.99!!
    This seems like a great app. One quick question - would this work with more than one pc? Or would that mess things up? It would be great to have this work at my office computer and also on my laptop at home.

I'd like to buy it today, but just had to order replacement credit cards, so until i get my new cards in 7-10 days, i'm stuck to going to my bank for cash anytime i wanna buy anything, which kinda rules out buying anything online. Hopefully the sale price is still there when I can actually buy it!!!
    VZW Palm Pre Plus User...
    Congrats on getting two-way sync working! This is a crucial bit of technology that Palm really should have supplied out of the box.

For those using Preware that still find themselves using the USB cable to move files around, consider setting your phone up as an FTP server for full access from the desktop over Wi-Fi. Works with Mac, Linux, or Windows and in several languages. No automatic sync, but about as easy to use as USB mode for copying stuff back and forth.
  12.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by brne4x4 View Post
    This seems like a great app. One quick question - would this work with more than one pc? Or would that mess things up? It would be great to have this work at my office computer and also on my laptop at home.

I'd like to buy it today, but just had to order replacement credit cards, so until i get my new cards in 7-10 days, i'm stuck to going to my bank for cash anytime i wanna buy anything, which kinda rules out buying anything online. Hopefully the sale price is still there when I can actually buy it!!!
    WMS works with multiple PCs. I sync music with my home PC and pics with my laptop. This is one of the reasons we decided to give the pc client app away free!
    WMS works with multiple PCs. I sync music with my home PC and pics with my laptop. This is one of the reasons we decided to give the pc client app away free!
    Awesome - thanks for the fast reply as well!!!

Now if only I could actually buy it today - I would do it right now. Paypal is the only way i can pay for anything since it comes straight from my bank as opposed to thru a debit/credit card #. Is there any other way to pay for the app besides paying through the app catalog itself? I'd love to get this up and runnning today.
    VZW Palm Pre Plus User...
    hi - still a NoGo on mine: Any Hope?
    still waiting for the mac version -_-
    I tried to upload from my pre to PC today and got the message

'upload has been disabled on this PC. Enable uploading using the WiFi Media Sync PC Client on your PC and reconnect to upload files'.

Can't find any ref to this on the client. any ideas?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Is it possible to backup the DCIM folder with one click or is it necessary to select each photo individually/ transfer the dcim folder using Internalz?

Keep up the good work
    Anybody having a problem opening Excel Spreadsheets that were sync from a PC to the Pre? I synched about 10 Excel spreadsheets and while they do open the fist time. The second spreadsheet I open and close makes the Pre freeze and restart. Anybody having this problem too?
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I have just installed this. I have 9 gigs of music on my Pre - I had originally synced it with the version of iTunes that supported it. If I, using the desktop client, select the folder that contains my iTunes music on the PC, will Wi-Fi Media Sync "know" that the music files are already synced (sunc?) or will it try to put all of the music on to the Pre again as if it was the first time that music had been placed there?