Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    When I first noticed your application a couple months ago, I said I would only pick it up once it gained 2-way sync. While it does not have that yet, it looks like it will, and while it is on sale, I might pick it up.

Before I do, I wanted to test install the windows client. I have heard some issues with Windows 7 64 bit machines which is what I run and I want to make sure it will install properly.

Is this available for download somewhere?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    When I first noticed your application a couple months ago, I said I would only pick it up once it gained 2-way sync. While it does not have that yet, it looks like it will, and while it is on sale, I might pick it up.

Before I do, I wanted to test install the windows client. I have heard some issues with Windows 7 64 bit machines which is what I run and I want to make sure it will install properly.

Is this available for download somewhere?
    The client works on fine on WinXP, Vista, and 7. 32-bit and 64-bit. The app was actually buit on Win 7 64-bit (after my Vista 64 bit hard drive crashed), so I can gaurentee that it does work on your platform. Some users have had minor issues depending on the configuration of their PC (i.e. .net not installed, firewall, UAC, etc.), but we have been able to work through these issues.

If you would like a link to the client app, please PM me and I will provide it to you.

Thanks for the inquiry!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    In your product description, it says that you can transfer photos, music, videos and documents. Are these the only file types you can sync using the app, or can it transfer any file type over?

Also, where does it put the synced files and folders? Can I just sync over a whole folder (called "Wallpapers," for example), and have the Wallpapers folder show up in the root of the USB drive?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I picked this up yesterday as I was curious about it, but I'm having problems already.

I can't get it to connect to my computer at all. In fact, I can't get the app to do much at all. When I put in my IP Address and password, and click the Connect button nothing happens. There's no spinner or progress indicator, literally no feedback at all, so it's impossible to tell what's going on. If I just sit and wait, nothing happens...

Can someone help me? What's actually supposed to happen here?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I picked this up yesterday as I was curious about it, but I'm having problems already.

I can't get it to connect to my computer at all. In fact, I can't get the app to do much at all. When I put in my IP Address and password, and click the Connect button nothing happens. There's no spinner or progress indicator, literally no feedback at all, so it's impossible to tell what's going on. If I just sit and wait, nothing happens...

Can someone help me? What's actually supposed to happen here?
    are both your computer and your phone connected to the same wifi hotspot? they have to be connected to the same wifi network for this ap to work
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I just stumbled on this thread and your application sounds like just what I need. Currently I use a free Microsoft program SyncToy 2.1 sync files via USB. It is two way sync so that the all of Music in my PC directory would match exactly to a directory on my PRE when program ends. It looks like your application will take it to a new level.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    are both your computer and your phone connected to the same wifi hotspot? they have to be connected to the same wifi network for this ap to work
    I am having similar problem too. Mine is connected to the same network. I've emailed the developer for more help.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I am having similar problem too. Mine is connected to the same network. I've emailed the developer for more help.
    Both connected to same network here too... I couldn't find the developer's email.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    What if your desktop, which is hardwired to the network, is the one you want access to. Your Pre is connected wirelessly to the same network. Will the fact that the desktop is only connected wirelessly cause trouble?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    It has nothing to do with the Wireless Network.

If your router is not blocking this it will work regardless in what network you are. If you can ping it, it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    It has nothing to do with the Wireless Network.

If your router is not blocking this it will work regardless in what network you are. If you can ping it, it will work.
    are you saying that you can do this ad hoc? if so i would like to be given some idea how to do this -- as far as i know this only works through a portol
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Both connected to same network here too... I couldn't find the developer's email.
    Look under help. There's a Send Email link.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I also just checked my firewall on my computer. I discovered that it is blocking the device access to my computer.
    Ok - where do I find 'Help' to find an email address??
    I have the same problem: enter IP address and password tap Connect and nothing happens.
    Tried it AdHoc and with a common WiFi Hotpot. Firewall on/off. All IP Address.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Look under help. There's a Send Email link.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    Ok - where do I find 'Help' to find an email address??
    Top left application menu.
    Thanks!! I was loking hre and on their web site!!

Top left application menu.
    why doesn't it remove folders that I take off of the to sync list?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I installed to a Windows 7 64-bit machine without any issues whatsoever. Never had to customize the PC set up or install any additional information.

I created a special folder to be my sync folder and would ideally move stuff there to sync to the Pre. I put a picture there, and found it looking in the photo app just fine. I could also find the picture with Internalz. But I also synced an excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet did not seem to sync.

What are the file type limitations? Is it ONLY visual media, pictures and video, for example? Can that be expanded to cover other types of files?

Can target folders on the desktop be aligned with target folders/locations on the Pre?

I did not see the ability to sync individual files from the Pre to the PC, I know that has been requested and is possible in spite of the built in limitations. Is this possible yet?

When do you foresee a complete 2 way sync capability?

Thanks!
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    are you saying that you can do this ad hoc? if so i would like to be given some idea how to do this -- as far as i know this only works through a portol
    I just tested connecting my PC to my Palm Pre Plus using mobile hotspot, and using Wifi Media Sync to Sync files to my PC and it worked!

Contact me if you need help with this!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    I just tested connecting my PC to my Palm Pre Plus using mobile hotspot, and using Wifi Media Sync to Sync files to my PC and it worked!

Contact me if you need help with this!
    I just was able to connect using the mobile hot spot -- awsome -- when i tried to transfer some MP3 files the all were "skipped due to errors" any idea what i need to change??

thanks for your help
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast