Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Another Mac user
    are you thinking about translating the app to spanish?
    []
    another bump for the mac
    hey -i was having problems with this ap that i paid 10 bucks for and here was the response i recieved

"Did some research, it looks like Palm removed the ability to connect to a ad hoc wifi network in one of the recent updates.

Forums webOS • View topic - 1.4 Ad Hoc WiFi Connection

You may want to contact Palm...bummer dude."

Bummer dude -- REALLY? you should quit telling people that this is an option -- you should try to figure out how to give real customer service because every response i have recieved from you is "we don't support that" which means if you buy this POS ap plan to be on your own

You should give me my 10 bucks back

BUMMER DUDE.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    hey -i was having problems with this ap that i paid 10 bucks for and here was the response i recieved

"Did some research, it looks like Palm removed the ability to connect to a ad hoc wifi network in one of the recent updates.

Forums webOS • View topic - 1.4 Ad Hoc WiFi Connection

You may want to contact Palm...bummer dude."

Bummer dude -- REALLY? you should quit telling people that this is an option -- you should try to figure out how to give real customer service because every response i have recieved from you is "we don't support that" which means if you buy this POS ap plan to be on your own

You should give me my 10 bucks back

BUMMER DUDE.
    Rob,

You could have just emailed me back with your frustration instead of attacking me in forums.

What do you want me to do, make Palm support ad-hoc networks?

WebOS supported ad hoc until 1.4.x, and then Palm dropped support without notification.

Problem with Wifi Media Sync, contact us. Problem with phone, contact Palm.

Wifi Media Sync worked fine for you at home, as you stated, but it did not work where you did not have an access point.

We have been very supportive in getting your issues resolved, but we cannot change what Palm supports and does not support. For that, I am sorry. Please submit a refund request to Palm and they will be happy to refund your money.
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    sorry if you don't think that the forum is the place to discuss the software -- yes as you said the software does work through my wireless hub at home -- this is the only place it works. I would not be frustrated if your reply's to my requests for customer service did not suggest that i set up a ad hoc connection in the first place. -- The reply that i recieved was that i should try to set up an ad hoc network with the quote that we don't support that -- well then don't suggest it. i have recieved 3 responses from support that basically said we don't support that -- and what i took from these responses was this -- "that " = wifi mediasync. so i guess that my point would be --quit telling people that they can set up ad hoc networks in your replies to the requests for customer support -- i most likely would not have brought my issues here but in all reality the comment BUMMER DUDE did not sit will with me might as wall have said thanks for the 10 bucks now **** off
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Can i have two palm pre or pixi under the same palm profile? Because i need to have the same info and data in both
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Looks very cool
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Well, it appears WebOS version 1.4 and 1.4.1 contain a bug with the "file indexer" that causes app downloaded files from not being indexed properly for the photo app. This bug affects Wifi Media Sync photos. According to this thread, the issue will be resolved in a future WebOS update. Here's a link to the thread.

Forums webOS • View topic - How to save image?
    Good news.. I found a way arround this!!!

Manual

Code:
    this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://ca.canucksoftware.filemgr', {
    method: 'rescanFileindexer',
    parameters: {}
    });
    SystemManagerService.showQuickLaunch(this.showQLBar);
  10.    #70  
    Hey Thanks Taurec for actively helping us out!

I just heard back from my Palm rep yesterday with a "Palm Approved" workaround (i.e. a method that will not be rejected during an app submission.) to the photo app file indexer issue. We've tested it and I am excited to say photos appear again!

The update was submitted to Palm yesterday, so expect to see the update in the App Cat next week!

The update will be a maintenance release, however, you will see that we have added the ability to browse pending files, and you now have the ability to choose single files to download...File uploading is still in the bin, but do not expect it until June at the earliest.
  11.    #71  
    update is now available in app cat!!! Let me know if you have any issues!!!

...and where did all these mac users come from??? Looks like I have to fire up xcode...
    For some reason I cannot sync the whole file. It only syncs a few of my songs then it will freeze up and I go back hit sync now again and it syncs a few more. Is anyone else having this problem?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    For some reason I cannot sync the whole file. It only syncs a few of my songs then it will freeze up and I go back hit sync now again and it syncs a few more. Is anyone else having this problem?
    This is the first I've heard of such an issue. PM or email me.
    Hi is there any chance we will see wifi playlist sync? e.g. via double twist?

iPhone has it with iTunes.. http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/17/w...s-on-it-works/
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_ss View Post
    Hi is there any chance we will see wifi playlist sync? e.g. via double twist?

iPhone has it with iTunes.. Wi-Fi Sync for iPhone video hands-on: it works! -- Engadget
    Great Question!

Wifi Media Sync does support playlists!

I was curious to see that playlists "appeared" on my phone during syncing, and here's why:

Playlists are just files -> Wifi Media Sync syncs files

To create playlists for your Palm:
    create a playlist -> save it into a sync folder-> sync it to your phone -> watch playlist appear in Music app

I create my playlists with Windows Media Player and/or WinAmp (I'm old school)

I'll download DoubleTwist and see what's what...maybe I'll add a "Playlist Creator" in a future update to the PC client...
    Well, with that method you have to sync the songs separately. If you can integrate it with wmp or winamp then songs can sync with playlists automatically...

Update: I tried to sync playlists - which it did. but the playlists didnt appear in the music app?
    Last edited by speedy_ss; 05/19/2010 at 07:03 AM.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_ss View Post
    Well, with that method you have to sync the songs separately. If you can integrate it with wmp or winamp then songs can sync with playlists automatically...

Update: I tried to sync playlists - which it did. but the playlists didnt appear in the music app?
    I'm finding similiar results...it appears the folder structure has something to do with how playlists locate music (i.e. if all the songs are in the same folder as a playlist, it works fine, but if they are in different folders..good luck)

I'll look into the playlist format and see what I can do:
    WMS knows where all the files are located on your phone, so, in theory, WMS should be able to make a playlist that is usable on your phone...in theory.
  18.    #78  
    Version 1.1 of the Windows Client is now available for download!!

This update allows you to add Sync Folders by dragging and dropping folders and files to Wifi Media Sync!
    This update also adds several backend hooks needed for the 2-way sync functionality comming this summer!

You can download this update by navigating to the "Settings" screen within Wifi Media Sync and tapping the "Download the Windows Client" button.

Send us your feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Version 1.1 of the Windows Client is now available for download!!

This update allows you to add Sync Folders by dragging and dropping folders and files to Wifi Media Sync!
    This update also adds several backend hooks needed for the 2-way sync functionality comming this summer!

You can download this update by navigating to the "Settings" screen within Wifi Media Sync and tapping the "Download the Windows Client" button.

Send us your feedback!
    i tried to install and recieved an error -- i uninstalled -reinstalled and recieved the same error
    " server init error: The application is trying to load native components of version 5692 that are incompatible with ADO.NET provider of version 8080. Incompatible versions can lead to application instability and hence loading of SQL server compact has been aborted. install the correct version of SQL server compact. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details"

i had the last version installed and working ---any help would be appreciated

thanks
    EDIT: -- i googled the KB article and read through it after a download i was able to get it up and running --
    Last edited by mespiff; 05/20/2010 at 06:16 PM.
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i tried to install and recieved an error -- i uninstalled -reinstalled and recieved the same error
    " server init error: The application is trying to load native components of version 5692 that are incompatible with ADO.NET provider of version 8080. Incompatible versions can lead to application instability and hence loading of SQL server compact has been aborted. install the correct version of SQL server compact. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details"

i had the last version installed and working ---any help would be appreciated

thanks
    EDIT: -- i googled the KB article and read through it after a download i was able to get it up and running --
    Thanks for the feedback!

Apparently, Microsoft released new drivers that on the 17th that we did not test against. I have since deployed a new version of the app containing the new drivers from Microsoft. Please let me know if you experience any issues!
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast