Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 391
Like Tree21Likes
  1. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #41  
    Any reason why you haven't submitted this to the international app catalog?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Any reason why you haven't submitted this to the international app catalog?
    it's still in beta. It's not even in the reg catalog here in USA yet. It's definatley a needed app for the phone and I'm sure it will be released evetually to everyone. He's going to make big bucks off this one.
  3. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #43  
    I would LOVE to have this App in the German App-Cat as well.

    If you need any assistance in Tranlating please feel free to contact my. I already translated three apps and I have an own App with two Languages in the App-Cat.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Hey, thanks for all the interest from the Apple supporters! (I'm a Microsoft, Apple, SUSE guy myself) ...If we can get 30 users to sign up for a mac version of Wifi Media Sync, we'll get crackn and have a version out by the end of 2nd quarter.
    add me to that list, and 3 or so of my friends.
  5. #45  
    Another Mac user
  6. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #46  
    Since the App is now in the international App-Catalog I was able to purchase it today.

    I got the connection to my PC verry quick and Synced 4 Folders with 710 Pictures to my Pre.
    After a while I got the confirmation that the Sync was done.
    But none of the Fotos are shown in the Pre Foto App :-(
    I rebooted my Device.. nothing.
    So I connected it with the Cable to my PC.
    I found a Folder "WiFi MediaSync" with all my Files in it. After changeing the name of one of those Folders with the Windows-Explorer and then disconnected the Device this one and only Folder was showing at the Foto-App. All other 3 are still not visible.

    Is this a bug?

    BTW WebOS 1.4.1 O2 Edition
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Since the App is now in the international App-Catalog I was able to purchase it today.

    I got the connection to my PC verry quick and Synced 4 Folders with 710 Pictures to my Pre.
    After a while I got the confirmation that the Sync was done.
    But none of the Fotos are shown in the Pre Foto App :-(
    I rebooted my Device.. nothing.
    So I connected it with the Cable to my PC.
    I found a Folder "WiFi MediaSync" with all my Files in it. After changeing the name of one of those Folders with the Windows-Explorer and then disconnected the Device this one and only Folder was showing at the Foto-App. All other 3 are still not visible.

    Is this a bug?

    BTW WebOS 1.4.1 O2 Edition
    Well, it appears WebOS version 1.4 and 1.4.1 contain a bug with the "file indexer" that causes app downloaded files from not being indexed properly for the photo app. This bug affects Wifi Media Sync photos. According to this thread, the issue will be resolved in a future WebOS update. Here's a link to the thread.

    Forums webOS • View topic - How to save image?
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    it's still in beta. It's not even in the reg catalog here in USA yet. It's definatley a needed app for the phone and I'm sure it will be released evetually to everyone. He's going to make big bucks off this one.
    a ten dollar beta!? No thanks
  9. link375's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #49  
    once 2 way sync is implemented it'll definitely be worth $10. I still love being able to sync files without the USB cord since I use the touchstone and hate having to unplug it and plugging it into the computer.

    implement 2 way sync and you will make "big bucks"
    or make it so if you delete the files on the computer folder it also deletes it on the phone.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    a ten dollar beta!? No thanks
    Hi Warblade, it's not in beta. WebOS 1.4.1 broke WMS, so I asked Palm to pull it from the catalog until the update could be approved by Palm (which ussualy takes a couple weeks). So while some people were still running 1.4 and could see the app, anyone running 1.4.1 could not see it.

    We resolved the issues with 1.4.1 and now WMS can be found in the App Catalog again.

    This thread is for support issues with the app, as each person has a unique PC setup, we want to make sure that anyone who encounters issues can get support and get past them.

    Cheers!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  11. #51  
    i ran this at home and it worked great -- i am now at work -- i am trying to sync and when i hit the connect button it changes color but doesn't do anything --i am on 1.4 and a vista laptop -- i did verify the server address

    help please

    thanks
    Rob
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  12. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Thanks for everybody's feedback!

    PC to Phone: rocks! We'll add in individual file syncing in a future release

    Phone to PC: We can add support to allow you to choose a specific file to upload/sync to your PC (does anyone want this?), but until palm exposes an API to allow us to read actual directories we won't be able to truly 'sync'...
    ...I'll look through the PDK and see if offers any other angle..
    Phone to PC sync would be great.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Phone to PC sync would be great.
    We're working on single file sync....full syncing is not currently possible, Palm restricts file directory access at that level
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  14. #54  
    so when i got home the transfer worked fine -- at work there is no wifi for me to connect to. does this effect the phones ability to use your program?


    thanks in advance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    so when i got home the transfer worked fine -- at work there is no wifi for me to connect to. does this effect the phones ability to use your program?


    thanks in advance
    Hi Mespiff,

    Wifi Media Sync only works over wifi, over "carrier" internet is not supported. Drop a wireless access point at your office and you're good as gold!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Hi Mespiff,

    Wifi Media Sync only works over wifi, over "carrier" internet is not supported. Drop a wireless access point at your office and you're good as gold!
    sounds great -- i am a construction worker and my office moves quite often -there is rarely power that is constant let alone internet -- i will actually use the phone for that some and a wireless card at other times. i misunderstood -- i thought that the media sync used a ad-hoc network to connect directly to the laptop. ----------- so this is not the Case? your ap must work something like the chapura works -- that is great i rarely need to transfer files to the palm away from home / the real office. -- The feature i would really like to see is the ability to sync back from the pre
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17. #57  
    another mac user here as well, would love Mac app. Thanks.
  18. #58  
    Another Mac user ... this looks so neat
  19. #59  
    another +1 for mac
  20. #60  
    Mac, please.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions