Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
Like Tree21Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by moonphrogg View Post
    Chalk another Mac user up - got the touchpad app, looking for a mac client.
    And another mac user.... especially as HP Play seems to have ditched the mac as a platform (*sigh*)
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Another mac user please
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPsychlo View Post
    I am having problems syncing files from my Touchpad to my PC. I try to "Manually Select Upload Files" -> "Add File To List" -> select a file -> "Upload Files Now" and the program comes back with Sync Complete 1 files were successfully synced with you PC! but the file is nowhere to be found on my PC.

I have tried different Device to PC Sync folders, restarted the Touchpad, reconnected etc etc but no difference. Am I missing something basic?
    Still waiting on a resolution for the above.

One other question on usage. When I delete a file from my Touchpad that I previously transferred with wifi media sync is there any way to transfer it again? Even though the file is still in my media sync folder on my PC, it does not show up as a pending file on my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I got this around the first week it came out on my original Pre(-) and still no mac support.
    infamousdutch likes this.
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spdyrel View Post
    I got this around the first week it came out on my original Pre(-) and still no mac support.
    To all of you mac supporters, we have been listening. Mac OS X support is now here. The Wifi Media Sync Mac client version .5 (BETA) is now available for download below.

Wifi Media Sync Mac OSX client

This is a beta release, it is fully functional, you can upload and download, but expect some bugs. Report bugs and issues to appsupport@8bitdev.com

The package has been signed and we will be submitting it to the mac app store shortly. This is hot of the press, and our website has not been updated yet.

I'd like to thank all the awesome people on this forum, thank you for your support. Thank you for your patience. We built Wifi Media Sync for you, and we will continue to support and enhance it on WebOS first!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPsychlo View Post
    Still waiting on a resolution for the above.

One other question on usage. When I delete a file from my Touchpad that I previously transferred with wifi media sync is there any way to transfer it again? Even though the file is still in my media sync folder on my PC, it does not show up as a pending file on my touchpad.
    contact me at appsupport and we'll look into your issue
  7.    #387  
    We've posted an update to the mac os x client that addresses a bugs that snow leopard users have been experiencing. Version 0.52 is now available for download from 8bitdev.com

Please send me your feedback.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Do not know if more of you are like me and have been spending all your time in webOS for the past few years. Recently I installed CM9 on my TouchPad and was lamenting to infamousdutch that it would be nice to have Wifi Media Sync on Android. Well to my surprise it is there already, and the Tablet version is written in enyo, and is every bit as good as the version for webOS Tablet. Great job 8 bit.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    infamousdutch likes this.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i am looking at buying this app but have a few questions. Does it syn playlists and things? that is really what i am looking for. something to make it simpler to get the lists on my phone and touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    contact me at appsupport and we'll look into your issue
    Hi,
    I have contacted Eric Pilnock at your website and I am very frustrated. I tried all what he told me and sent him the exact error massages and images, he has not got back me for last couple of days. I have home PC and Office PC plus and HP touchpad. I will be travelling next week onwards and need access to my PC's via touchpad.
    Need help asap .
    Thank you
    Kim
    (karora38 at hotmail) the email Eric have been using to contact me.

arora,
    Yes, just download and install the pc client.* Once you install it, run the pc client and you can reset your password if you like. Once the pc client is running, try to connect to it from your touchpad.* Let me know what you find.

Best Regards,

Eric Pilnock
    8-bit development LLC

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:44 AM, K A <karora38> wrote:
    Just on PC and nothing to do on touch pad?
    How to configure after downloading PC clint again?
    Thanks
    Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
    Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 14:38:12
    To: <karora38>
    Subject: Re: FW: Wifi Media Sync Support

Ok,
    Your screenshot did not come through, but you text is revealing, thank you.
    You can setup sync folders anytime, but it is not needed to connect and validate that your touchpad can see your pc.
    That message you sent me*means your device CAN see the pc client, but it appears something has gone horribly wrong, as in I've never seen that response before.* I would recommend redownloading and installing the pc client, as it appears that the installation did not go well.

Best Regards,

Eric Pilnock
    8-bit development LLC

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM, K A < > wrote:

1. This is what I get after tapping the ip address you sent me.

Server Error in Application.
    Page not found
    Error Description
    DocumentRoot not set. Cannot access local documents folder.
    *Version Information: WMS20

2. *Am I supposed to set up sync *folder or any other steps that I am missing?
    3. Is there @.com designated one folder I have to set up with all files which I need to sync or transfer to HP Touchpad or any thing on my computer can be transferred?
    *4. I am sending you the WiFi Media window image of my PC as well. *I*don't*think I know how to configure the PC*client correctly.

Regards
    *Kim

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    ----------------
    *On 8 May 2012 6:50 PM, Eric Pilnock <epilnock@> > wrote:

Hi Kim,
    Let's try this, at home,*from your touchpad, make sure you are connected to your wifi and tap the link below
    http://192.168.0.196:18139/
    You should see a text message reading "invalid password", if you receive any other message then your touchpad cannot see your pc, and we'll have to look at your pc's firewall. Wifi Media Sync plays well with most firewalls, but some third party firewall's require you to manually allow the pc client to receive incoming connections.

Best Regards,

Eric Pilnock
    8-bit development LLC

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM, K A <karora38 > wrote:

----------------
    To: [email]epilnock>
    *Subject: RE: Wifi Media Sync Support
    Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 16:21:57 -0500

*Hi Eric,
    *Your questions are answered below.

May be I don't know proper steps how to use . but ip address shows on home PC but Touch pad does not connect gives a box all written in red.

I do need to access the files from home and office on to my* web Os HP Touch-pad as I travel a lot with only Touchpad.

Thank you,

Kim

----------------
    Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 22:01:32 -0700
    Subject: Re: Wifi Media Sync Support
    *To: [email]karora38

Thanks for contacting us!

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with Wifi Media Sync.

Let's start with some basic questions...

Are you running this at your home or office?
    One PC home on the same wireless.* second pc in office 15 miles away but PC is always on and running

What version of Windows are you running?
    Windows 7 Home premium at Home and Windows 7 professional in Office .

Have you downloaded and installed the PC client from Wifi Media Sync | Sync files wirelessly to/from your PC! <http://www.wifimediasync.com/> *?
    *YES

if so, what ip address does it display in the PC client?
    Home:* shows in wifi media window:* 192.168.0.196
    *Office: I will let you know in couple of hours as soon as I reach office 6-6.30 Canadian central time.

We'll start here and see what we find.

Best Regards,

Eric Pilnock
    8-bit development LLC

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM, K A <karora38 > wrote:
    *Need help with Wifi Media Sync 3.0. Add more information, if you like.

tried to connect but get red words ---- does not connect. have 2 computers. one home wireless and second is office computer away in the office . need to connect to both.
    **I have the same password
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/12/2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: removed email addresses
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Finally some love from webosnation.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920