Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    hi, seems myself and a few others who have updated on the touchpad can no longer connect up with our pcs. I've reinstalled the software on the pc but had no luck. The touchpad just won't connect. Any idea when this will be fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Check again, the WebOS 2.1 update should now be available in the marketplace!
    THANKS! Will check when I get home, not gonna bug the wife to do it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    here's the original thread about issues with the new 3.0 update on the touchpad...

hxxp://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-apps/299167-wifi-media-sync-3-0-problem.html

seems to be getting comments on the app reviews too now.
    Please add another mac user to the list.
    ok i just set up a new profile on the touchpad with exactly the same IP, device name and password and it now works again just fine. the update seems to interfere with the profile you have set up so if you create a new one again, it seems to work fine. strange but glad i've got it working. hopefully this easy (obvious?!) fix will help others.

by the way, does anyone know if the wifi download on this app is restricted by the throttle settings on the touchpad? im wondering whether it's worth putting the patch on for this.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I'm having issues with my TP too.

My Pre 3 with 3.x connects without any problems to my PC. My Touchpad does nothing. When I hit the "Connect" button I don't get any message
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    THANKS! Will check when I get home, not gonna bug the wife to do it.
    it was there when I got home last night. Thanks again!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Anyway to use this on ubuntu/linux?
    Hi All,

Apologies if repeating some question(s) elswhere in this thread, but...

1) From what I've seen here, the app seems to fully replace/resynch all existing data on synched to my Touchpad, when I re-synch...is this what other people are seeing
    i.e. deleted some files out of synch dir on PC....re-synched on TPad, and all files being copied back to TPad?

2) When you delete a file out of your PC SYnch Folder, will this be auto-deleted out of the TPad synch folder? How can I move files on TPad (remotely on PC perferably) that I want to keep on Touchpad.

Still exploring this app, so apologies if asking silly newbie questions here.

Any help appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Anyway to use this on ubuntu/linux?
    Me too - *seriously* would like to sync to Linux - I only use Windows for games - any productivity is via linux....

Thanks

Carl.
    I noticed 3.0.5 is in the app catalog today. Besides synchronization, what does this do that TB File Transfer can't? I'm basically interested in transfering files, rather than syncing them between pc and TP.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    infamousdutch - where is the change log for Wifi Media Sync? What enhacements/fixes are in 3.0.5?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    is there a way to see application log when it can't connect frmo the tpad?
    Managed to connect to another pc. A pity u can t just synch the whole /mefia/internal. Would allow auto backup....
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    What port does this app use to connect?
    it seems on my winXP it is on port 18139
    ANyone have problems with file uploading from pre3? Mine wont seem to actually sync a file up to the PC.... Even when I do it manually...

When I try to scan new files I get an errold error and it stops.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Hey infamousdutch,
    How about us 1.4.5 users? The WMS 1.6 version is available in Preware (which is great and thanks BTW), but 1.6 does not support device-PC file transfer. There is nothing available in the paid app catalog for WMS. What to do?
    Thanks
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    any news about mac users? I have the app already. bought it when i had a windows PC... but ditched it. now exclusively on a mac.

I do have parallels tho...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Chalk another Mac user up - got the touchpad app, looking for a mac client.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am having problems syncing files from my Touchpad to my PC. I try to "Manually Select Upload Files" -> "Add File To List" -> select a file -> "Upload Files Now" and the program comes back with Sync Complete 1 files were successfully synced with you PC! but the file is nowhere to be found on my PC.

I have tried different Device to PC Sync folders, restarted the Touchpad, reconnected etc etc but no difference. Am I missing something basic?