Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Is there a way to run the PC software on a Linux Machine?
    Within the linux boot is what I am guessing you are asking?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Within the linux boot is what I am guessing you are asking?
    In Ubuntu. Sorry. Last I checked, they only had an appliaction for Windows.
    infamousdutch likes this.
    Yeah they only have windows to my knowledge as well. You try running in a windows emulator? or VM? My knowledge of running windows software on linux is nonexistent, I duel boot, and usually boot linux on my slower machines since it doesn't hog resources like windows and all its extra crap does.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yeah they only have windows to my knowledge as well. You try running in a windows emulator? or VM? My knowledge of running windows software on linux is nonexistent, I duel boot, and usually boot linux on my slower machines since it doesn't hog resources like windows and all its extra crap does.
    I had a dual boot machine but my computer crapped out and the windows product key doesnt work on this other computer I have. I havent tried calling windows yet to fix it. Im fairly new to Ubuntu. I know they have a program called wine that will run windows programs. Havent tried it with this program yet though. May give it a try later.
    I feel you on the windows thing. I have multiple versions of XP none of which will load on the box that crashed, backup partition was bad too, gonna throw some extra bits in it and turn it into a linux based media player for the bedroom to pull wirelessly from my HTPC. Ended up buying a refurb compaq Win7 box for the office that has worked well.
    I feel you on the windows thing. I have multiple versions of XP none of which will load on the box that crashed, backup partition was bad too, gonna throw some extra bits in it and turn it into a linux based media player for the bedroom to pull wirelessly from my HTPC. Ended up buying a refurb compaq Win7 box for the office that has worked well.
    The funny thing is is that the original tower that this hard drive was in stopped working so I switched it to another one and went through the whole process of calling microsoft to get it to work on the new tower. That one stopped working and now Im back to the original one that is now working somehow but the key is now for the other tower. lol. Computers...they dont make sense sometimes.
    LOL ouch man.... I have a computer graveyard in my home office. I need to get some of the crap outta my house and recycled.
  8.    #328  
    Alright, it's safe to say that my colleague that was maintaining PRPRPR $with$ $the$ $community$ $wasn$'$t$ $doing$ $his$ $part$. $So$ $I$'$m$ $back$, $I$'$m$ $going$ $to$ $get$ $active$ $in$ $the$ $community$ $again$, $and$ $I$'$m$ $going$ $to$ $start$ $right$ $here$.

Questions that we have been receiving (and reading right here):

Mac Client?
    Yes, we are working on a Mac version of the client. We've had bad experiences in the porting dept. on this one, but there's no excuse. It is coming.

Linux Client?
    Yes, we will be porting the pc client to Linux, albeit as a Mono based application. Let me know if you have a problem with that and we'll see if we can accommodate.

Updated PC client?
    We have just released an updated pc client (2.5). This is an interim step to the MIA 3.0 update. It resolves minor bugs, is fully x64 compatible (look mom, no SQL drivers!), but for the most part provides optimization for Windows 7. Some XP users have had issues with it, but we're working through them right now.

Wifi Media Sync for WebOS 3.0?
    It's complete and it's coming soon.
    Screenshots to follow....

Have a question? Ping me here or contact me directly at 8bitdev.com
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Alright, it's safe to say that my colleague that was maintaining PRPRPR $with$ $the$ $community$ $wasn$'$t$ $doing$ $his$ $part$. $So$ $I$'$m$ $back$, $I$'$m$ $going$ $to$ $get$ $active$ $in$ $the$ $community$ $again$, $and$ $I$'$m$ $going$ $to$ $start$ $right$ $here$.

Questions that we have been receiving (and reading right here):

Mac Client?
    Yes, we are working on a Mac version of the client. We've had bad experiences in the porting dept. on this one, but there's no excuse. It is coming.

Linux Client?
    Yes, we will be porting the pc client to Linux, albeit as a Mono based application. Let me know if you have a problem with that and we'll see if we can accommodate.

Updated PC client?
    We have just released an updated pc client (2.5). This is an interim step to the MIA 3.0 update. It resolves minor bugs, is fully x64 compatible (look mom, no SQL drivers!), but for the most part provides optimization for Windows 7. Some XP users have had issues with it, but we're working through them right now.

Wifi Media Sync for WebOS 3.0?
    It's complete and it's coming soon.
    Screenshots to follow....

Have a question? Ping me here or contact me directly at 8bitdev.com
    bought this for pre when it came out (last year?)
    but never worked for me as I have a mac, am excited to hear you are adding this functionality
    Downloaded the new PC client v2.5 and there seems to be a bug. When syncing files, the syncing just seems to stop after a few files. Swiping back and then selecting "sync NOw' again restarts the syncing. But only for the syncing to stop again after a few files.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    be very glad to beta test mac client if you need
    Is there a way to get this for a VZW Pre 2? I purchased WiFi Media Sync for my Pre+ and was using it successfully on my Pre 2 until I had to doctor and can't redownload it, the minimum requirement is set to 2.1.
    @infamousdutch as you know I am willing to do my best to find any flaw in the 3.0 app if you need some beta testers.

for the pc client side, I can play in xp, win7, and linux (linux would be my weakest knowledgebase, but I run it and wouldn't mind an excuse to finally finish building my linux media client on my home network).
    @infamousdutch - THANKS! (for the update).
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Is there a way to get this for a VZW Pre 2? I purchased WiFi Media Sync for my Pre+ and was using it successfully on my Pre 2 until I had to doctor and can't redownload it, the minimum requirement is set to 2.1.
    +1

(Good luck on getting a response though. I've tried the web site 2x and twitter. No luck for me.)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    You can try and use Impostah to get it installed.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  17.    #337  
    We have been working with HP on this issue. HP has stated that they will be updating the app catalog to allow ALL versions to be downloaded from the same product (i.e. 1.4.5, 2.0, 2.1, and so on), which will resolve the issue with users that have the older hardware.

If you are running 2.0, then I can send you a promo code for a version that is compatible with your device.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  18.    #338  
    The WMS 3.0 update has been in the app review process for 3 weeks now, and HP has notified us that it is "stuck" we are working with HP to resolve the issue, and we hope to see it available for download soon.

The Mac version of the client is coming along, with GUI elements half baked, I'm hoping to have an early alpha version to you guys by the end of September.
    Thanks for the forthcoming Mac version. If you need a beta/alpha tester, add me to the list as well! :-)
    Great to see this coming to the Touchpad, I'm getting mine next week so I'll have to try it out
    Any word on a Pre3 version? I had this for my pre+ and I think it's now the only app I'm waiting for since i moved to 2.2.0 :P