Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Gotta' say this program along with Internalz have made the Pre freakin' awesome...Thanks!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I want to sync my Pre screen captures folder to my desktop, can it be done?
    bump
    I want to sync my Pre screen captures folder to my desktop, can it be done?
    it won't really sync the screen captures folder or any folder from the pre to the desktop...but you just select pictures you want to send from your pre's screen captures folder that you want sent to your desktop.

its mainly meant to monitor folders on your desktop that the pre app checks and syncs.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Once the next version it out, you should be able to send whole folders from the Pre to computer. They had been waiting for the US release of 1.4.5 before they could fully test, because of that delay the new WebOS software has been delayed. I believe that feature is in testing now that Sprint got 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Once the next version it out, you should be able to send whole folders from the Pre to computer. They had been waiting for the US release of 1.4.5 before they could fully test, because of that delay the new WebOS software has been delayed. I believe that feature is in testing now that Sprint got 1.4.5.
    Great, but I would love the ability to point Media Sync to folders on my Pre to automatically send files to my computer.
    Please make a Mac-compatible version. Thanks.
    Great, but I would love the ability to point Media Sync to folders on my Pre to automatically send files to my computer.
    From what you just said, that is the feature I was speaking of..... unless you are looking to do something else, please be more specific.

What do you mean by "automatically"? If you are looking for a forced sync, and you can do linux, there is a thread here on setting up automatic network sync. This is something far beyond the scope of wifi media sync though, but if you are asking for something more than what I was speaking of when you quoted me, this will be your only option. As technically a truly "automatic" sync requires you to have a server on, and your phone with a connection to the server.
    +1 many time over on a mac version
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    From what you just said, that is the feature I was speaking of..... unless you are looking to do something else, please be more specific.

What do you mean by "automatically"? If you are looking for a forced sync, and you can do linux, there is a thread here on setting up automatic network sync. This is something far beyond the scope of wifi media sync though, but if you are asking for something more than what I was speaking of when you quoted me, this will be your only option. As technically a truly "automatic" sync requires you to have a server on, and your phone with a connection to the server.
    In your previous post, you said "be able to send whole folders"

I didn't know you meant what I wanted
    Cool Cool
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I just bought this program, and when setting up I was able to connect, but then I closed the card, and whenever I reopen it I get "Error Bad Request." What do I do? I have only the Windows firewall, and I allowed it through that already. What am I missing?
    So I've tried sifting through the forum thread here and I don't know .... so here I am asking for some help setting this up. I have a D-Link DIR-615 router, using ShawSecure for security. I checked it, (the path) c:\program files\8-bit development\wifi media sync.exe, is allowed. My window's firewall is off. I'm trying to connect to 192.168.0.11 and it says Error: Bad Request then the never-ending wheel of death spins. So not sure where to go on from there.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    My D-Link is working fine (615 as well)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    oh Mr. Developer......... Where are you? Heard about the great customer service for this app..... Going on 40 hours with no response.....sure wanna give you 5 stars......need to get the app working first
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So I've tried sifting through the forum thread here and I don't know .... so here I am asking for some help setting this up. I have a D-Link DIR-615 router, using ShawSecure for security. I checked it, (the path) c:\program files\8-bit development\wifi media sync.exe, is allowed. My window's firewall is off. I'm trying to connect to 192.168.0.11 and it says Error: Bad Request then the never-ending wheel of death spins. So not sure where to go on from there.
    Have you tried disabling USBNet (I think that's what it's called) if you've ever had it enabled (for SSH or tethering I think)? That's what I eventually found out was causing my problem.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    I don't think so, but I'm also not sure what that is either.
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by k91191 View Post
    Great app, but I have a problem with the computer program.

Any clue as to why the window is cutoff?
    Yes, you're screen fonts have been increased, causing the text to force the buttons down on the page. This will be resolved in the next update.
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Sledge,

First off, my apologies to you, and everybody else on this thread, for not being online the last two weeks.

A Bad Request error means you've connected to pc client, but for some reason, Wifi Media Sync did not like what you were asking for...now, my first reaction to this is to remove all your sync folders and attempt to sync (you should recieve a "no files to sync" msg). So let's try this and send me an email at appsupport at 8bitdev.com
  19.    #259  
    Update: Hey gang, as I stated, my apologies for not being available the last two weeks. I didn't forget about you, i just had a quick shift of priorities to take care of some family matters...i've also spent more time in the vet that I would have ever thought, as my dog has been freakishly sick.

Now, let's talk WMS status:

We have a (kinda) working 1.7 version, however it is quite hooky and not user friendly, and therefore not up to the quality we would like to release. We have been in touch with Palm, and it may look like our only option is to wait for WebOS 2.0 to be released. I, for one, do not like this answer, so we will be working over the few weeks to look at alternative approaches and avenues to deliver what we promised, as Palm has yet to provide an ETA on 2.0.

An update to the PC client is in the works that will allow for individual files to be synced, as well as full playlist support...expect to see the need for those annoying sql server drivers go away pretty soon...oh, and is there any interest in having a cloud based wifi media sync that would, say, sync with your dropbox, or other cloud based services? Please let me know if this interests you.

Speaking of pc client...has anyone here been experiencing issues uploading after updating to the 2.0 version of the pc client? I have been in contact with 2 users that have been experiencing these issues, but we have yet to identify the issue. If you have experienced these issues, ping us at appsupport at 8bitdev.com
    BUMP! <clink, clink, clink> Hey Mr. Developer!!!!!!<clink, clink, clink> Come out and play!!!!!!!!!!!!!<clink, clink, clink> Ohhhhhh Mr. Developer!!!!!!<clink, clink, clink> Come out and play!!!!!!!!!<clink, clink, clink>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel